Login

russian armor

Deep Snow Tool?

15 Nov 2013, 13:46 PM
15 Nov 2013, 16:19 PM

this took me a while to find too. you have to use the heightmap editor and click the checkbox for "Edit top layer". this switches it from changing the terrain to adding snow.
15 Nov 2013, 16:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge

it's part of the height editor. you have to toggle "edit top layer"
15 Nov 2013, 16:41 PM

But this doesnt allow putting snow on builings and other objects not the terrain....
15 Nov 2013, 17:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge

it does. not on all objects though. but take the rural buildings for example, paint over them and you'll notice how they get a snow tint
15 Nov 2013, 17:05 PM

Ill check it out after work. I was using the EF RURAL ? Wood cabin. I painted additive on max strength, and no snow accumulated on the roof, but ill try again with different buildings and objects.
15 Nov 2013, 18:22 PM

Also, if I remember correctly, the texture of the snow, and the depth of the snow is defined in atmosphere properties? I may have not had those defined while trying to put on a building, which might have been my point of failure.
15 Nov 2013, 18:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge

most of the aesthetics of deep snow are done by splats and splines. the deep snow itself really is juts a terrain elevation and some basic white textures.

learn from stock maps
15 Nov 2013, 19:21 PM

I was hesitant to use splats, as the deep snow is suppose to be able to be blown away by explosions, and a splat would not. I would also assume, that "additive" option in atmosphere properties, its what regenerates the damaged ice and snow?
15 Nov 2013, 20:21 PM

You need to open the Atmosphere Properties, and open the Weather tab.
If you want snow falling down, you need to set the RAIN section to use a snow texture. Adjust the speed, density and so on as you like.

The snow textures can appear automatically if you define different textures for this in the Snow section. You can define how the snow falloff look, how the snow will be placed on window trims, doors, roofs and so on by defining depth, spread and tiling. You also need to take care of how you define the settings in the Snow Edges section.

Luckily the world builder is dynamic, so you instantly see the changes you do. :)

I will also suggest you check the different original winter maps, there's a lot to learn by poking around in them.
15 Nov 2013, 23:31 PM

So, I've decided on using a preloaded atmosphere for the time being, and its working great now. The thing is, I applied the premade atmostphere last night, and it wasn't exactly working then either, so I wounder if there is some sort of bug, that requires restarting the world builder. Similar to the export bug.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★