Login

russian armor

World Builder Questions

14 Aug 2020, 23:46 PM

Hi all!

I'm very new to this World Builder tool since I only started using this yesterday. So I followed guides from the videos made by MonolithicBacon and Ericeel about the basics of it.

I followed the instruction to extract the mp folder in Ericeel's video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMQt5dnhJc&t=870s and I was successful.

I then tried to create New Multiplayer Map and chose whichever file in the mp folder. I started adjusting the Starting Points, Fuel Points, and VPs, plus adding some units on the map.

I then made a Save As of the file in a new folder name within the mp folder, and then a BugSplat came out. I reopened World Builder and tried to see if my work was saved, and it was saved. I then exported the package to then test play it in-game. But, when I was opening the map in-game, it doesn't seem to work.

On the loading screen, usually the music plays out until the end of the loading process. This time, when the loading process reaches its end, the music abruptly stops, and when I clicked the play button, there's no music, no sound, no announcer voice, and even no fog of war.

The Player 2, which I assign as AI, doesn't work. Apparently their base is nonexistent and only a hole where the HQ is supposed to be.

The units in Player 1, which is supposed to be mine, can't be moved, even the initial starting unit (Pioneer, Engineer, etc.). The ones that I put on the map via World Builder can't even be moved.

I'm still wondering what did I do wrong, or did I miss on something?

I look forward to your replies and solutions.

Thank you.

Cheers! :) :)

P.S: Some additional questions

1. What's the difference between EBPS and SBPS? I see there units in EBPS are spawned individually (non-squad) and units in SBPS are spawned in squads, but that's about the only difference I see.

2. The units in Object Placement tool don't seem to be carrying weapons. In the case of German AT Gun and LeFH18 crew, their emplacement weapons are transparent as opposed to the Soviets (for example the ML-20 152mm Howitzer is not transparent).
15 Aug 2020, 00:38 AM

I dont think you want to place any Units or squads on the map if you plan on playing it with AI or friends. Those models may be used to make videos etc in the NIS tool. I would remove them and try to play again.

Make sure your bases are correct:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/100211/making-a-map-in-20-minutes-or-less

People that make their first map some times do things the game is not meant for like building giant maps with a million buildings. This causes the game to take 5-10 minutes to load the map before you can play it. Is your map too large? Too many objects etc?

Pay attentions to this section in the link above:

Notice that the base, bunkers, and spawn locations are IN THE base territory.
15 Aug 2020, 08:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2020, 00:38 AMRosbone
I dont think you want to place any Units or squads on the map if you plan on playing it with AI or friends. Those models may be used to make videos etc in the NIS tool. I would remove them and try to play again.

Make sure your bases are correct:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/100211/making-a-map-in-20-minutes-or-less

People that make their first map some times do things the game is not meant for like building giant maps with a million buildings. This causes the game to take 5-10 minutes to load the map before you can play it. Is your map too large? Too many objects etc?

Pay attentions to this section in the link above:

Notice that the base, bunkers, and spawn locations are IN THE base territory.

Hi there!

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to add units to test if it works when placing it from World Builder. I was looking at some user-created maps in the Workshop and I saw some people make Achievement Maps. There the units are already provided and I would like to test how it works.

Is there a way how to make them work?

Thankies!
15 Aug 2020, 10:17 AM

Is there a way how to make them work?

Interesting. I do not know if you can make them work.

You might want to go about it a different way. Coh2 uses SCAR code to do these types of things. Read this as an example: https://www.coh2.org/topic/29215/unit-spawn-in-scar

This is probably what you want to do. Search Coh2 and SCAR to get some background, more examples, etc. From the maps I have seen doing achievements, this is most likely what they did.

Sorry I couldnt be more help.
15 Aug 2020, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2020, 10:17 AMRosbone

Interesting. I do not know if you can make them work.

You might want to go about it a different way. Coh2 uses SCAR code to do these types of things. Read this as an example: https://www.coh2.org/topic/29215/unit-spawn-in-scar

This is probably what you want to do. Search Coh2 and SCAR to get some background, more examples, etc. From the maps I have seen doing achievements, this is most likely what they did.

Sorry I couldnt be more help.

Heya! Thanks again for the quick reply.

That's interesting. So apparently they most likely used SCAR to spawn the units? How do they make them spawn in specific locations, though?

P.S: No worries, man. Hopefully more peeps can chime in to give me enlightenment on this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5
Korea, Republic Of 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment