Login

russian armor

Let's talk about Irregulars

15 Dec 2013, 10:04 AM

I've played with, and enjoyed using Irregulars. Needless to say the MG42 squads are worth about 10x the DP squads. They are extremely versatile having an LMG, the Guards grenade, and an AT grenade option.

Probably not the first choice for maximum competitive play but variety is the spice of life and makes for more fun when gaming =)

20 Dec 2013, 17:38 PM

This entire doctrine was created for heavy capping. Three cons squads with ppsh/ molotovs and irregulars with LMG and nades will shred any infantry (and in any quantity) in pieces. You can have T-34's following your cons for great support. T34 get damaged - no problem, your cons can repair it in no time while irregulars will cover them. Shall you face heavy defences - not a problem as well, your howitzer will clear a path for your troops with a single barrage.

But this works only if you get your hands on both fuel points from the start. If you can't keep the fuel and the enemy starts sweeping the floor with panthers, combo 3 cons ppsh plus at nade with guards dp28 plus button will work a lot better.

I've tried this doctrine three times and it looks like its fun to use it only if you own the fuel. Also I noticed that the first irregular squad always comes with German LMG which is really handy in early game. Or maybe I just got lucky.

Anyway, because of the reason that German players tend to throw tons of armor on the field, the doctrine where you get guards and cons with ppsh is much safer to choose.
21 Dec 2013, 07:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2013, 17:38 PMtokarev
This entire doctrine was created for heavy capping. Three cons squads with ppsh/ molotovs and irregulars with LMG and nades will shred any infantry (and in any quantity) in pieces. You can have T-34's following your cons for great support. T34 get damaged - no problem, your cons can repair it in no time while irregulars will cover them. Shall you face heavy defences - not a problem as well, your howitzer will clear a path for your troops with a single barrage.

But this works only if you get your hands on both fuel points from the start. If you can't keep the fuel and the enemy starts sweeping the floor with panthers, combo 3 cons ppsh plus at nade with guards dp28 plus button will work a lot better.

I've tried this doctrine three times and it looks like its fun to use it only if you own the fuel. Also I noticed that the first irregular squad always comes with German LMG which is really handy in early game. Or maybe I just got lucky.

Anyway, because of the reason that German players tend to throw tons of armor on the field, the doctrine where you get guards and cons with ppsh is much safer to choose.

I think the doctrine is pretty good. Irregulars are a good alternative to conscripts that sacrifice durability for better offensive power. The only problem is that rapid conscription doesn't work for them, so it basically punishes you for using them. They really need to fix that, as I can't possibly believe that it was intended.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★