Login

russian armor

Super tanks in 4v4

6 Jul 2020, 00:15 AM

All super tanks in 4v4 Have huge impact and the cool down definitely helped but in reality why is it not a one time call in. It would help balance in 4v4 while not effecting 1v1. Its an obvious you fek up with it you get punished seems pretty simple to me. It would make for much better gameplay and high risk high reward manuevers.
6 Jul 2020, 03:06 AM

ok, first try was censored

"super tanks"
Whats a super tank? If youre referring to super heavy tanks, there only is 1 in the game: the Jagdtiger.

"It would help balance in 4v4"
How? once one side loses its "super tanks" there is literally no comeback

"you fek up with it you get punished"
i think losing your vet 3-5 KT is punishment enough

"it would make for much better gameplay"
Says who? thats your opinion, nothing more

"high risk high reward manuevers."
Almost every game i play has high risk high reward manouvers, it doesnt take "super tanks" to see those. "super tanks" most of the time result in the complete opposite of those maneuvers. they are slow and clumsy, have long reloads and awful rotation speed. therefore they often cause a stalemate, especially when it comes to heavy tank destroyers.
We all know the "your line my line + infantry death zone in the middle" kind of games

all in all, i think youre wrong, you have no good arguments and this thread is pointless.
6 Jul 2020, 05:09 AM

Elefant is definitely a 'super tank'. It's arguably better than the Jagdtiger because it can self-spot. King tiger not so much imo, it can take a beating and is definitely a veeeerrry valid unit but it can often just be an XP pinata for allied TDs. With HEAT rounds it's pretty scary though. I'd also probably give the Churchill crocodile superheavy status. Also don't be mean to the poor guy. XD

Meh, I sort of agree, superheavy tanks can get screwy in 4v4s, especially if you solo queue automatch when you can be fighting 4 at once in some games, which let's be honest. Ain't nuthin' killin' that but at that point you've usually lost the game already.

I don't think they should be limited to the entire match though. We all know what CoH is like with pathing and one slight screwy manoevre could cost you a game easy peasy. Without superheavies, axis can find themselves getting kicked by large groups of allied tank destroyers so they fill a very important role (I'm saying this as a majority allies player).

I personally think with the new recharge change they function fine, they definitely used to ruin 4v4s for me before that. That plus the range adjustment vs the 17pdr fixed it for me. Any change should increase the cooldown if anything, I don't think they need a revamp.

If you're struggling to deal with them you're probably using the wrong stuff against them. If you're using tank destroyers that's inherently dangerous especially when there's panthers about to dive you. The best counters to superheavies are artillery (Priests, sextons and ML20s/B4) and snaring it with infantry and using offmaps like IL2 bombs. I suggest taking a look at your doctrines and making sure you equip something for maps that you frequently see them on. I have a mate that always plays priests to counter their artillery so I can keep a 17 pdr up to keep them from dominating the mid point. I have another mate that who usually will take Il2 bombs and ram them with a t34 so that they cant escape. Artillery will force them to move making them vulnerable and unable to shoot, meanwhile using offmaps to delete them quickly will put you in a very strong position to win the game.
6 Jul 2020, 07:19 AM

snip

I'd be willing to bet that the only reason this dude even suggested this is because it'd hit Axis a lot harder.
6 Jul 2020, 07:23 AM

all axis supertanks can taken out very easily and quick by some allies meta abiltys...like IL2 bombing run which is mostly a single delete click vs axis slow armor
6 Jul 2020, 09:57 AM

super heavy tank

theres literally only one super heavy tank in the game: Jagdtiger
i hope you guys are otherwise using the term "super tank" to meme
6 Jul 2020, 10:37 AM

JagdT, elephant, isu152, church croc. Lol yes axis would lose the game if they lose one of those like the panther, tiger, kt, jagpanzer dosent exist. To be honest panther spam is more effective vs allies than the above options. The reason why is pop cost and even costing more are just as easily spammed late game, can take a beating and trade hits with allied tds not to mention circle them plus smoke and blitskrieg in most popular doctrines making it not that difficult to do.

The reason the time should be increased is any of the above tanks losing is not punishable enough, and if you lose a jagd or ele or 152 with their range and the vision you would probably have in a 4v4 then you deserved it. Their pathing isnt that bad and im pretty sure they all have heavy crush so further adds to pathing not being valid. Sure il2 bombing stike can work well but there is no way even your slow moving heavy gets hit by it if you back up as soon as you see it deployed or simply move fwd to the side.... works in a straight line im counting on idiots that would reverse back in a straigh line duh.
6 Jul 2020, 13:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2020, 10:37 AMRocket
JagdT, elephant, isu152, church croc. Lol yes axis would lose the game if they lose one of those like the panther, tiger, kt, jagpanzer dosent exist. To be honest panther spam is more effective vs allies than the above options. The reason why is pop cost and even costing more are just as easily spammed late game, can take a beating and trade hits with allied tds not to mention circle them plus smoke and blitskrieg in most popular doctrines making it not that difficult to do.

The reason the time should be increased is any of the above tanks losing is not punishable enough, and if you lose a jagd or ele or 152 with their range and the vision you would probably have in a 4v4 then you deserved it. Their pathing isnt that bad and im pretty sure they all have heavy crush so further adds to pathing not being valid. Sure il2 bombing stike can work well but there is no way even your slow moving heavy gets hit by it if you back up as soon as you see it deployed or simply move fwd to the side.... works in a straight line im counting on idiots that would reverse back in a straigh line duh.

ever seen a jagtiger which want to turn its casemate and drive backwards ...it takes ages ..even when u react in time right after the flares drop...you will have a huge amount of dmg income.
not speaking about big cats with damaged engine...its a 95% lose for the axis player. you can see it allmost every game where a sov player decide to go ISU with IL2 vs big german tanks. try this with stuka dive bomb...this is shit compared to Il2
6 Jul 2020, 13:46 PM

ever seen a jagtiger which want to turn its casemate and drive backwards ...it takes ages ..even when u react in time right after the flares drop...you will have a huge amount of dmg income.
not speaking about big cats with damaged engine...its a 95% lose for the axis player. you can see it allmost every game where a sov player decide to go ISU with IL2 vs big german tanks. try this with stuka dive bomb...this is shit compared to Il2

i posted several videos of me ramming + bombing german tanks.
from what ive seen of rocket so far, hes on par with vipper, katitof, blackdream, achpawel and co.
6 Jul 2020, 14:59 PM

Every faction can do it, it's not exclusive to soviets either. T34 into IL2 bombs is the easiest but USF can use smoke with Utility car mines to get an immobilise crit and then it's good as dead or smoke and rush it with ranger zookatroopers, UKF can use tulips to chain stun/blind into a snare then arty.

I agree, any faction can deal with a superheavy now, it's all about not instalocking a stupid commander if there might be a Jagdtiger about. Superheavies are only an issue when people pick silly and refuse to communicate. Also I always see allied players spam fuel caches just to realise too late that they can't use their 700 fuel because they're out of manpower. Atm I find Muntions caches a must, but allied players spam fuel and then complain they can't kill superheavies or LefHs and come to the forums to say they're OP when all they needed was munitions to render half the axis roster irrelevant.

I've not really had that many issues with superheavies since the patch so I can't really comment on whether the timer needs to be increased. Although that probably answers the question anyway. In general level play it can be easy for one side to doom spiral with a lot of fuel so the timer can seem short but in a high level game where players can properly monopolise on their plays, losing a superheavy TD is probably the end of the game.
6 Jul 2020, 15:08 PM

Speaking of which, I played a game yesterday where the guys we were against were soundly beaten even though they had near on 500 points still but played on and seemingly couldn't understand how we could replace our vehicles instantly. This is why the cooldown seems a problem and people say it's too short, it's likely not the superheavies themselves, but the state of the match which people only realise when a superheavy is rebuilt instantly.

(Hope I didn't name and shame anyone here, was a good game :P)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 572

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment