Login

russian armor

New Patch

14 Nov 2013, 18:18 PM

From the official site changelog:

--

Balance updates

· Molotov cooldown is now present.
· Starting Resources changed to 500 for both races.
· Build time of Soviet Buildings reduced by 50%.

Automatch Chat

· Automatch match chat should now be working.

Theater of War

· Bridge Defense: Fixed a crash after failing the mission before the secondary objectives started.

---

In general I really like the idea of these changes, though they seem to further favour the paid commanders with 0cp abilities (Ostruppen, Assgrens, German Elite Inf, Soviet Industry) over the basic ones. Question for those with the commander, how many Ostruppen can you now have out by the time of the second conscript?
14 Nov 2013, 18:36 PM

Is this live now or a future changelog?
14 Nov 2013, 18:37 PM
Patrion 14

LOL.

* shakes head *

CoH2, eh?
14 Nov 2013, 18:39 PM
Patrion 14

"Starting Resources changed to 500 for both *races*"

'Races?' How very... 1940s.
14 Nov 2013, 18:40 PM

Finally. This is awesome!

If it means having to change the mentioned commanders who would benefit from this too much it`s entirely worth it.

14 Nov 2013, 18:50 PM

Wait why 500 mp!? What's the reasoning behind that? It's not like the community was vocal about a starting mp change. Aww Molotov bug was so fun lol.

What about buggy tank pathing!?! Oh and the semois tank pathing bug?? And cancel mine bug!? Arghhg!!!!!!!
14 Nov 2013, 19:00 PM

Wait why 500 mp!? What's the reasoning behind that? It's not like the community was vocal about a starting mp change. Aww Molotov bug was so fun lol.

What about buggy tank pathing!?! Oh and the semois tank pathing bug?? And cancel mine bug!? Arghhg!!!!!!!

It's a change that's supposed to open up more builds for both players. For example, russians can get a first tier building up asap, maybe get some penals and / or tier 2, eliminating a need for pumping out conscripts every game and getting stuck in that conspam rut. Germans can more easily get 2 pios for faster capping, or a fast sniper, stuff like that without it really impacting your unit composition too much adding more versatility.
14 Nov 2013, 19:03 PM

Unbelievable, I think under other circumstances this might be interesting but the current soviet meta is 4~5 min t70 rush. With this change you aren't forced to wait a few munits until you pick the doctrin to gain mapcontroll. The industry t70 rush gets the biggest advantage by this hotfix. This is messed up.

Early game always used to be short, but with this op commander it nearly doesn't exist.

Back to vcoh.
14 Nov 2013, 19:16 PM

Still no fix to cancel mines ? :(
14 Nov 2013, 19:18 PM

I am loving this. Finally there are more options for different builds. The games get going faster as well which is great.
15 Nov 2013, 10:18 AM

No more Blitz for damaged engines
15 Nov 2013, 11:05 AM

Permanently Banned
This provides no options for Ost.

Just more Gren spam, in hopes of responding and remaining ready to more options from Sov.
Generally, an even more increased forced reliance on Grens to counter what Sov might come out with their faster tech and comparably even higher MP pool than before (since Ost had a MP surplus at start before, that is now negated, whereas Sov still carries the fuel surplus at start).

Sov also now has concretely more capping power extreme early game, due to CE capping while Pio builds T1. Ost used to get that back during BP1, but now since T1-T2 is 50% reduced for Sov, CEs have MORE onfield time than Pios, right from the start.
15 Nov 2013, 11:57 AM

I like the new changes. Soviets can now reliably get either T1 or T2 out before the Germans get both T1 and T2 out.

The Germans already had a more diverse set of openings and now they can also open with gren-gren-sniper a lot easier which is nice.

Soviet T1 + T2 is, sadly, still too expensive considering the high fuel requirements for molotovs/AT-grenades and the T3/T4 buildings. But I'm already very happy that I don't need to start out every game with 4x conscripts into T2.

15 Nov 2013, 12:08 PM

Sov also now has concretely more capping power extreme early game, due to CE capping while Pio builds T1. Ost used to get that back during BP1, but now since T1-T2 is 50% reduced for Sov, CEs have MORE onfield time than Pios, right from the start.

uhh pre this patch this has always bin the case for sov for almost the 1st min if they went t1 cuz of building time .. also ost build time on t1 is like 15 or 20 sec?? thats hardly a real inpact
15 Nov 2013, 12:09 PM
Benefactor 115

I like the new changes. Soviets can now reliably get either T1 or T2 out before the Germans get both T1 and T2 out.

The Germans already had a more diverse set of openings and now they can also open with gren-gren-sniper a lot easier which is nice.

Soviet T1 + T2 is, sadly, still too expensive considering the high fuel requirements for molotovs/AT-grenades and the T3/T4 buildings. But I'm already very happy that I don't need to start out every game with 4x conscripts into T2.

The germans "diverse set of opening" you refer to is gone out of the window tho. They are now the ones having to field the counters to what sovs field.
Ost will have to start with 2/3 Grens for sure and then react to what's thrown at him (scout car vs M3/sniper, pgrens vs penals/guards, more grens/mgs/mortars vs cons spam, sniper vs shocks).
15 Nov 2013, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2013, 11:05 AMNullist
This provides no options for Ost.

Just more Gren spam, in hopes of responding and remaining ready to more options from Sov.
Generally, an even more increased forced reliance on Grens to counter what Sov might come out with their faster tech and comparably even higher MP pool than before (since Ost had a MP surplus at start before, that is now negated, whereas Sov still carries the fuel surplus at start).

Ostheer have more options, even if you don't factor in the various paid commanders with call-in stuff. More MP to spend on Pgrens after a piospam opening, getting a second pioneer suddenly seems like a good idea, earlier sniper seems far less likely to get you pushed around. If all you want to do is build grens, you can build grens, but that's hardly the only option available.
15 Nov 2013, 12:32 PM

15 Nov 2013, 23:22 PM

It just updated again, 1 hour ago. Crashed my game too.

I don't see any change log, though. No idea what was in that patch, but am guessing it's a hotfix for WB(?)
15 Nov 2013, 23:55 PM

Permanently Banned
Blovski, if you consider Pio spam a mark of diversity, then perhaps you have overlooked that Sov can also CE spam.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★