Login

russian armor

Possible to clone a mod project without breaking?

3 Jul 2020, 13:10 PM

Wanting to release a test branch for my mod, but all the refs and locstrings break when I do so. Wondering if there is a way to do this without me having to manually fix them.
3 Jul 2020, 13:31 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I did this once by creating a new empty mod. Then copy the 'instances', 'data' and 'locale' folders from the old mod to the new one. You can drag the whole new mod folder into Notepad++ and use find/replace on the folder to change the old mod ID's to the new mod ID's (ID's can be found in attrib.xml). Afterwards you only have to update the info/title/preview image in the .mod file manually.
4 Jul 2020, 16:02 PM

I did this once by creating a new empty mod. Then copy the 'instances', 'data' and 'locale' folders from the old mod to the new one. You can drag the whole new mod folder into Notepad++ and use find/replace on the folder to change the old mod ID's to the new mod ID's (ID's can be found in attrib.xml). Afterwards you only have to update the info/title/preview image in the .mod file manually.

SneakEye, thanks for the reply. I did try this however, custom abilities, units, etc. don't seem to have retained the paths within the mod structure. Im assuming that because it is xml you could also just go through and swap the paths too when checking for differences.

edit: Did a find/replace in Notepad++ for the mod ID and that's all it seems I needed to do. Thanks for your help SneakEye
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★