Login

russian armor

Minimap not aligned

14 Nov 2013, 10:25 AM

I am in process of converting a ton of COH1 maps... i mean a ton! But for some reason the minimap does not align with the actual map... the points are actually shown correctly on the map in a 2d sense, as far as X/Y goes, but the graphic is off quite a bit. Am I missing something? Otherwise it's working out gret... links up asap... or as soon as this issue is resolved.
14 Nov 2013, 15:03 PM

I encountered the same issue, but only using a specific environment template. It could be multiple ones that cause the issue. Other templates didn't cause the issue. I looked in all the settings and couldn't detect the value at cause. If you find out anything, please share.
Seb
14 Nov 2013, 15:05 PM
Admin Black Badge

http://www.coh2.org/topic/10407/how-to-create-tactical-map-images

2. and 3.
A copy of the previous file has to be flipped vertically

Apparently it's planned to be that way..
14 Nov 2013, 15:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge

scaling problems might be an issue due to importing of CoH1 maps. Check, if the .options file in your map folder has the correct minimap dimensions.
14 Nov 2013, 19:56 PM

scaling problems might be an issue due to importing of CoH1 maps. Check, if the .options file in your map folder has the correct minimap dimensions.

ok will do... what's odd is that it's doing it on the Relic files I converted... ie: the coh 2 maps themselves... all I did was make the map contain land bridges to make a bottleneck happen & disable ice.
14 Nov 2013, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 15:05 PMSeb
http://www.coh2.org/topic/10407/how-to-create-tactical-map-images

Apparently it's planned to be that way..

wait, is the tactical map the minimap? I thought it was a different thing. :rolleyes:
15 Nov 2013, 01:21 AM

Oops... I meant to post this here originally... I'll repost here though now since it's relevant to this exact topic...

OK I figured it out after I just now (doh) saw the "Worldbuidler BASIC information" thread.. lol ... it was the nomenclature in the step by step on THIS thread (ok the other "creating tactical" thread) that didn't have (in the example) the "_mm" in the low/high file names.... I guess coh2 was then looking to the bigger file for the minimap and therefore was off.... so to be clear, you must have the _mm in there for low/high files, and then make sure you do check inside the "options" file with notepad (in your project scenario (sgb) folder) after you create all your images & make sure the minimap pixel size is correct to that of the pixel size of the "_mm_low" .tga file... which is to say the bigger of the 2 dimensions is 360 & whatever photoshop made the other one.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 97
Netherlands 10
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak