Login

russian armor

Countering Industry

14 Nov 2013, 07:06 AM

I don't want to see posts about it being OP, or any form of rant. This thread is for constructive discussion about counters ( yes there are some). Save all the moaning for other threads.

Personally having used Industry a bit, it's really weak early game (first couple mins), unless you hold fire choosing doctrine to get 2 engies and a sniper out faster, this then delays any '4 min T70'.

If anyone builds a 4 min T70, then the German totally failed to take their fuel off their engies..

A good counter strat is assault grens, because you can pop one right away and send it to see off their engies before they can cap fuel or munis. You can push them off the field before they can afford flamers. Then get 1-2 grens for fausts on M3s.

Now, T70 is not far away, get shrek half track and try to ambush 1st one. Quickly have engie on hand to repair it afterwards.

Soviet can be really struggling to get hold of a fuel now, which quite blunts their armour output.

Teck the T3 asap and get a P4, done right, it will defeat T 34 before they have 2.

No flaming please, constructive arguments.
14 Nov 2013, 07:24 AM

Industry for soviets and Elite for Germans are really OP. In this moment the game is unplayable cause of that. So don't waste your time trying to find a counter to something that cannot be countered (if the other player is not a totally noob).
14 Nov 2013, 07:32 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 07:24 AMkersal
Industry for soviets and Elite for Germans are really OP. In this moment the game is unplayable cause of that. So don't waste your time trying to find a counter to something that cannot be countered (if the other player is not a totally noob).

You made your first ever comment saying EXACTLY what he asked everyone not to say. MVGame sir. MVGame.
14 Nov 2013, 07:34 AM

Well, yes they are really strong. But there are ways to fight them. They have huge disadvantages
14 Nov 2013, 07:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 07:24 AMkersal

You are a fool
14 Nov 2013, 07:54 AM

Permanently Banned
i playd two times against industry, both of them was vonivan.
I thought he will go industry so, with all my forces went immediatly to the chokepoints, had all the fuel, even killed his first two t70es and he got another 2 from nothing( i had the whole map).

second time: i let him the fuel, i tried to play smart, made 3 gren, and go 2x pggren( ammo went only for shreks) then 1x halftrack and had 2/3 map when first t70 come out. Choosed defensive doctrine. Make lots of tank traps.
I win the first engagements too, however i had to mind something else so he killed my HT with 2 shrek pggren when i wasnot at keyboard, and this is how he won the game. Notm ention i had 4 CP,+ could have make panther or even pak43.
So guess, this is the strat you are looking for( btw he had one fuel the whole time).
14 Nov 2013, 07:55 AM

Permanently Banned
but next if i will play against him, i will do pio spam then 2x pggren+ht and go for baserape. If he doesnot make t3, there is no problem.
14 Nov 2013, 08:00 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Just had a game vs Industry. Wasn't the quickest of T70s, especially since I had map control. It was pretty obvious what was coming, so I picked the free doc with the 250HT and swapped out the LMG grens for shrecked Pgrens. They killed 3-4 T70s over the course of the game, and ended the game by taking out a KV2 bombarding my P4 command tank.

My opponent wasn't the best, given that he'd lost two(?) squads charging the P4 command tank trying to take it out. Still, the map was Kholodony Winter and I was on the right side (no munition control for most of the game). If the map had more munitions I'd have had an easier time saving for Pshrecks.
14 Nov 2013, 08:20 AM

Yeah it's all about early aggression for Germans, your pio can cap your side fairly unhindered unless they send an M3.

Even 4 grens sent straight to their territory with all ammo used for fausts can keep them off muni (to prevent flamers), then fuel. Fuel cache, skip T2 and get a fast P4. Propper pressure will mean its 1 on 1 with P4 and T34... Plus your telling them to stop making T70s.

Would work ok with bought vet for P4 and p4 bulletins to own 1st T34's.

And yes a 250 HT with shreks can deal with T70 with good micro, use true sight, ambush them. Have your pios on hand to repair it, and bonus is you can take the PGs out while it repairs.
14 Nov 2013, 08:45 AM

Played a game vs industry yesterday. Didn't tech further than Tier2 and the game actually went really well.

5 minutes T70 followed by 3 T34s, I thought fuck this since I was so much behind in tech and decided to just spam Paks. I managed to kill everything he threw at me with just PaKs, grens and tellers.
14 Nov 2013, 12:38 PM

i have faced a couple of t70 rushes with the mechanised commander , i got the gren lmg with ht call in and put a schrecked up pgren then upgraded a pio with flamer and used it as fht as well . My opponents were noobs though , i cant say what would happen if i was facing a skilled player
14 Nov 2013, 12:55 PM
Benefactor 115

What about Osttruppen? Total map dominance vs few conscripts and plenty of fausts to immobilize T70s for your paks
14 Nov 2013, 13:42 PM

Someone did use Ost vs me and I handled it ok. I feel like map goes easy to German, so don't really need Ost. Better to concentrate on fighting them at their one fuel and muni point.. But that's just how I feel about it.
14 Nov 2013, 14:13 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 12:55 PMtuvok
What about Osttruppen? Total map dominance vs few conscripts and plenty of fausts to immobilize T70s for your paks

So i need to buy the commander to counter this bullshit? Not spending any more dime on this game!
14 Nov 2013, 14:19 PM

I did 2x phaust then move in with upgunned scout car, then go for a fast stug and pak
14 Nov 2013, 14:19 PM

The T1 Osttruppen build (maybe with 1 sniper) might work: Osttruppen for map presence, high Panzerfaust count, shielding the sniper and stalling the conscripts. The sniper is mainly there for its manpower drain (using the lower manpower income for your advantage) and maybe as a bait. Munitions goes towards 1-2 mines or maybe Schrecks. Then get 1 Pak, maybe more later.
I wonder if then going T4 for the Panther would be an option. It could also work with normal Grenadiers instead of Osttruppen. This is mainly theoretical, though... haven't played much yet after that patch.

One thing that may be a problem is that reading this commander is rather hard. You won't know for sure if he went Industry or is just running around somewhere else until you meet the first tanks. I really hope they go through with that display of the chosen commander that we saw swiftly in the stream.
14 Nov 2013, 17:43 PM

Well make sure you check if he has industry commander in load up, then if you see mostly engies and M3 he's gonna be using it.

If you see cons and he ends up using it, concentrate on draining those cons. Reinforcing large squads is a bitch with industry.
14 Nov 2013, 18:14 PM

It is kind of like Elite infantry in that the early game will suffer. That is when you need to take advantage.
14 Nov 2013, 19:00 PM

From my point of view going AT heavy is a valid option as you won't be seeing many infantry. Any manpower drain is a serious problem for anyone using this doctrine.
14 Nov 2013, 21:54 PM

It is kind of like Elite infantry in that the early game will suffer. That is when you need to take advantage.

Why would the early game of elite inf suffer? The way I would use it would not be to get grens. The only inf I would possibly vet would be shrek PGs. But more likely I'd just use it on p4's

You wouldn't even need to pick the doctrine until you had a p4, or wanted g43 at 2 CPs.

Especially with G43, I think grens will vet fine on their own. It's the crushing power of vet p4's you want.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 102
South Africa 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment