Login

russian armor

Countering Industry

15 Nov 2013, 07:29 AM

It might be a good idea to build a command bunker defending your fuel and put 1st pak and PGs next to it, this would make them harder to take out through reinforcing, and if the PGs need to they can hop inside the bunker.

I'm sure that would be a reliable way to hold territory, and pretty cheap. Lack of molotovs makes it stronger.
15 Nov 2013, 09:19 AM

Permanently Banned
It might be a good idea to build a command bunker defending your fuel and put 1st pak and PGs next to it, this would make them harder to take out through reinforcing, and if the PGs need to they can hop inside the bunker.

I'm sure that would be a reliable way to hold territory, and pretty cheap. Lack of molotovs makes it stronger.

Yes, but that wont help you keep map control, whereas Sov will happily keep his own fuel + industry fuel, mine the field, and beat you to Armor.
15 Nov 2013, 09:28 AM

Your not gonna beat it easily with armour, panthers will get totally swarmed and rammed and come way too late.

P4s can be good with great micro, but I wouldn't just rely on only P4s, mix of P4, pak and shrek.

15 Nov 2013, 09:55 AM

Permanently Banned
15 Nov 2013, 10:02 AM

Yesterday I won a match when I was lucky he hit an early teller. So maybe save up munitions and place tellers as quickly as possible. The T70 will be destroyed immediately . But then again you have to be lucky and have less munitions for faust.

Yesterday I tried rushing P4 and it is good, but the time when it arrived a 2nd T34 came and ram. It's very difficult to counter this commander atm. Especially when the opponnent has good micro.
26 Dec 2013, 01:47 AM

I would be interested in how to counter this doctrine in a bigger game like 2 on2 , 3 on 3!

Because I feel THIS is the real problem of this doctrine. All the disadvantages are weakened with a second man in the team.

If the enemy goes for a hard infantry doctrine you cant really do much. Last game I saw 2 mgs from the industrie commander to stop our infantry on the shokepoints. (and on 2on2 and 3 on 3 there are MANY chokepoints you cant avoid) Then his comrad went for shocks. And at something over 6 min we saw a t34. Now what to do? His T34 can move quickly to stop any infantry push we make. Shocks kill our Panzergrens with shrecks with ease. An mg with a pak means cease fire. So in the end the industrie player will have an advantage since he can get even more tanks. Pak 43 got taken out by artillery with one shell. KV 2 however COULDNT GET KILLED by our artillery. Had a sniper hidden with line of sight on him. Two barrages didnt kill him.

Kv2 kills all infantry thats advancing. And stops armor quite well too.

The huge amount of early armor in a team game + the KV2 twoshotting packs and squads over two screens distance is gg in most teamgames for me.

Artillery cant stop it.

Rushing tanks into the KV2 could work IF it wasnt supported. But they allways get supported if your enemy is no braindead.

So in the end I have to say: Industrie may be strong but counterable in one on one. But I see the real problem in team games where its disadvantages get watered by teammates.

And I feel its CHEAP.

Now I am eager to hear what you are saying to counter it in team games.
26 Dec 2013, 02:16 AM
Patrion 15

Ostruppen

Focus on making the most of the fuel to munis ability. I usually start with two pios and two ostruppen to utilize the extra starting manpower as efficiently as possible. Rush t2 asap. Then spam pgrens. Lots of them.

The scatter nerf to moving vehicles acts as a massive buff to shrecks. I usually sit in T2 with shrecks, paks, and mgs until I have enough fuel for a panther. Just skip t3 entirely. The number of T34s that will be present will make P4s realitivly useless, and you wont be able to keep up in the fuel war as you will need your fuel to make munis for tellers and shrecks. Use your panther conservatively, only being aggressive when you have the advantage, and an mg and a pak to fall back on. This hard counters soviet industry. The extra munis allows you to utilize tellers and shrecks and your army will be much more versatile than your opponents.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Russian Federation 65
Germany 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %