Login

russian armor

Help me test Bayeux

19 May 2020, 23:14 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I think you will find and have the time for it. That does not mean wait now 1 month lol^^
The plan is to patch in June.

Haha, a month would be crazy long, but a week is what im guessing. :)
20 May 2020, 11:01 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Alright, I am eating my own words right now, but I present you the new rotated Bayeux map. Let's see what happens. Here is the outcome.

Overall look + the new camera angel.

Hope to hear your thoughts.

Map file will be available asap.

20 May 2020, 14:27 PM

Here's the replay of the latest match I've played against a decent player. It's not as good as high-level matches but it should help somehow, I hope. Again, thanks for your effort. The map is good now IMO. If I were to change something though, I'd slide the truck on the mid a little bit to the top side.
21 May 2020, 01:51 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2020, 14:27 PMRaxzero

Here's the replay of the latest match I've played against a decent player. It's not as good as high-level matches but it should help somehow, I hope. Again, thanks for your effort. The map is good now IMO. If I were to change something though, I'd slide the truck on the mid a little bit to the top side.

sweet! went thru it and posted my comment under the replay. :thumbsup:

21 May 2020, 01:56 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Bayeux 2.0 is now live.

changes made:
1. Map rotated 90 degrees to match east vs west.
2. Overhaul of aesthetics
3. Minor fixes
4. Cover around points

Thanks to all the suggestions, you make this for the community! Special thanks to Rosbone for helping me behind the scenes.

Let's give this new version a test shall we.
A_E
21 May 2020, 08:22 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I genuinely think this map is looking excellent it fits a lot of the criteria of what makes a great 1v1 map (now).
22 May 2020, 03:35 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Thank you A_E.

Next update coming today.

Bringing points closer to mid and reworking flanking possibilities to reward good mg positioning.
23 May 2020, 01:53 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

New map version released.

1. Brought points at the edge of the map closer to mid as mid felt too little of importance.
2. Reworked middle a bit, might need more adjustments depending on how the new cover affects capturing or holding mid.
3. Reworked forest areas to offer less flanking routes thus making it rewarding to use mg's.
4. Something in the woods.

Tact map: (Im thinking of cutting the map edges further, suggestions?)

Pictures:

11 Jun 2020, 02:04 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Another update went live.

This time I kept the balance as is with a minor tweak by adding hedgerows to block line of sight around 2x shed(base entrance). This patch is aimed more for aesthetic fixes and improvements. Don't feel the need to change much of the balance at this stage, but If anyone has any suggestions feel free to leave a comment.

Also I hid 5 references to my old clan around the OOB area. Easter already?
7 Jul 2020, 18:28 PM

It's just opinion of an average player but I don't think making the map east vs west is the best idea. It feels very unnatural. Especially on middle, hedges block a lot of the player's sight if you look from the new camera angle.

The map wasn't designed for that camera angle in the first place now, is it? Reverting the camera angle would be great IMO.
MMX
8 Jul 2020, 01:49 AM

It's just opinion of an average player but I don't think making the map east vs west is the best idea. It feels very unnatural. Especially on middle, hedges block a lot of the player's sight if you look from the new camera angle.

The map wasn't designed for that camera angle in the first place now, is it? Reverting the camera angle would be great IMO.

please no. imho rotating the default pov was the best thing that could have happened to the map. now this is of course personal preference, but i hate spawning north on any map due to the limited vision the default camera angle provides in the north - south direction. i know... easily fixable by rotating the map, but apart from being an inconvenience it also messes up with (my) spatial orientation.
so for me: east - west all the way!
8 Jul 2020, 02:30 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

The Hedges in the middle are supposed to block sight because when there are no hedges, a well placed MG can cover the whole mid section. And with support, it's way too hard to flank it. The middle hedges make the map flow better as you have to predict your opponents movement and can't just leave your MG camping mid.

The map was designed for vcoh and back in the day no one really talked about the camera angle so when I converted it into CoH2 all of a sudden it didn't feel as good. It became obvious thanks to A_E that the vision makes it so much less frustrating for both players. I feel this is the best thing to happen to the map, I understand this isn't every ones cup of tea, but from a pro players perspective, this is essential for the flow in CoH2. The map will stay as is and thank you for commenting about your concern, just give it a try when the V2 version comes out and hopefully after a while you will feel the same way. :)

A_E
8 Jul 2020, 14:33 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.
31 Aug 2020, 08:03 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Been really enjoying the games so far on the map and would like to give a big shoutout to everyone who helped shape Bayeux, you guys are legends! Thank you! <444>3
31 Aug 2020, 09:01 AM

agreed, I also think Bayeaux is a really well designed map with a lot of flanking opportunities, nice ammount of cover and a nice "flow".
31 Aug 2020, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2020, 11:22 AMSpanky

You are kidding right, cause I'm laughing!
All of this lush green is gone, no atmosphere preset either. The re painting is painful thats all as it takes time to get different tiles to blend in. No way Im going with this yellow color. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, expect an update tomorrow.

Dude why don’t you just rotate the sun and camera 90 degrees rather than making yourself do all this extra work
1 Sep 2020, 07:25 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Dude why don’t you just rotate the sun and camera 90 degrees rather than making yourself do all this extra work

It seems I've been unaware of this possibility. Thanks for the late tip tho, all is good as I'm satisfied with the work that has gone into it. Cheers!
2 Sep 2020, 01:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2020, 07:25 AMSpanky

It seems I've been unaware of this possibility. Thanks for the late tip tho, all is good as I'm satisfied with the work that has gone into it. Cheers!

Shoot, I didn’t realize how old this tread was. I just looked at the date on the newest post and figured that meant it was recent.

It’s been a while but if you haven’t noticed them, but they are here:
The controls are under: (Very top menu) Scenario > Camera properties, and the Sun angle is under Scenario > Atmosphere properties
5 Sep 2020, 23:40 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Shoot, I didn’t realize how old this tread was. I just looked at the date on the newest post and figured that meant it was recent.

It’s been a while but if you haven’t noticed them, but they are here:
The controls are under: (Very top menu) Scenario > Camera properties, and the Sun angle is under Scenario > Atmosphere properties

Thanks for this! :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS