Login

russian armor

Upcoming Balance Changes

13 Nov 2013, 23:37 PM
14 Nov 2013, 00:06 AM

Halving the Soviet T1/2 build times seems like a very good idea to me.

Increased starting resources seems interesting - my only concern is the T0 call-in infantry. On account of Ostruppen and Assault Grens not having any substantial cooldown after ability use they will get out onto the field way faster than conscripts, which will even further exacerbate how much those units mess up the early game. If the cooldowns get made as long as build time for those units, I'd support it.
14 Nov 2013, 04:30 AM

Maybe DLC commander that comes with starting resources: 500MP, 50 Fuel, 100 Ammo and T1 building already built.
Later on it can have Piv or T34 at CP1 for 400MP and 100 fuel. and Tiger ACE and some mad ass Soviet tank at 5CP.

That would be awesome :drool:
14 Nov 2013, 04:53 AM

Halving the building time of soviet t1 and t2 building is a great idea. Should have been already implemented by now as far as I`m concerned.

What`s weird is the times provided in the OP are way off:

Special Rifle Command:
Build time from 160s to 80s

Support Weapon Kampaneye:
Build time from 200s to 100s

As far as I know Support Weapon Kampaneye takes something between 50 seconds and a minute to build, which still feels like eternity though. Or am I missing something?
14 Nov 2013, 05:11 AM

Those numbers are further divided by the number of building men on it. So Support Weapon Kampaneye is currently 200/4 = 50s.
14 Nov 2013, 05:36 AM

Con!,

If you played COH you would know that before the game was "stale", as you understand it, it was almost unplayable because Relic refused for the longest time to do anything about Kangaroos being into your base by 7 minutes and then crushing your troops over and over again. Before that, trenches and gliders crushed all your people. The PE infantry spam and ACs were ridiculous. ToV represents this shift where relic nose dived from legendary to comically insane.

VCoH and CoH+TOV were done by separate teams if I remember correctly. The TOV expansion caused ridiculous problems to the game essentially ruining a perfect rts and running off over 3/4s of the initial community.

Guess who is in charge of this game? The track record simply isn't there. Nothing that they have said or done in this game thus far has been anything to the contrary of a big fucking letdown and this is about to make it even worse.

Mark my words.
14 Nov 2013, 12:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Oh oh mighty dave, I guess no one really marked your words since you are spamming it in every thread.
And I thought you were done with this game/community? Shame you changed your mind
14 Nov 2013, 13:03 PM
Benefactor 115

can someone give Dave a Cookie?
14 Nov 2013, 13:07 PM

When are these changes going live???
I thought that they were supposed to be added in the last patch...
14 Nov 2013, 13:21 PM

i don't like the idea. i do like the faster build times. but going to halving their times seems like a drastic measure. (wich i hope is being taken to hot fix it later)

increasing the manpower will allow people to start with early penal battalions and i know people say they are shit. but they are not. i really kill a lot with penals and i think making them come earlier in terms of extra manpower and lower build times added together would be overkill. this will lead people to complain about penals and an eventual nerf to a unit that does not need to be Nerfed.
14 Nov 2013, 17:18 PM

When are these changes going live???
I thought that they were supposed to be added in the last patch...

thats why you shouldnt read some random notes off of reddit and expect to see that as the new patch. noun said it himself, he hadnt even written the new patch notes at that point.
14 Nov 2013, 17:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 17:18 PMwooof

thats why you shouldnt read some random notes off of reddit and expect to see that as the new patch. noun said it himself, he hadnt even written the new patch notes at that point.

these aren't from Reddit these are from breaking brad. (aka guy with "awesome haircut" ;))

that doesn't mean next patch they will be in game, or will ever happen.
14 Nov 2013, 17:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 17:23 PMWiFiDi

these aren't from Reddit these are from breaking brad. (aka guy with "awesome haircut" ;))

that doesn't mean next patch they will be in game, or will ever happen.

he expected them to be in the new patch because he read those pastebin notes that were posted on reddit. im well aware of the fact that brad posted these particular changes on the official forums.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★