Login

russian armor

I need a tip or two

7 May 2020, 20:58 PM

So I have been playing OKW for like a few games now. Lets say 50. Switched from allies to some axis action you know.

I am around rank 1000 all the time. I got to 777 once but from there I had a bad couple of days so I dropped down.
The doctrines I use are grand offensive, fortification and feuersturm.
I play 2v2 and 3v3 mainly but since I like 2v2 maps less and less I will most likely just switch to 3v3, 4v4.

What I usually do is go 2 volks and kubel or 3 volks and then build a truck. If I use feuersturm I go for a puma because opel provides healing and is very oppressive early game so I like it a lot.
In the other 2 doctrines I get battlegroup and have medics like that and build based on the enemy. Maybe a support gun maybe a HT it really depends on the map and enemy.

But I need help when talking about what to tech. What is the meta really rn? Is it good to get lights or should I just save fuel for a pz4 early? I usually have MP to spare so should I build some raks and sup guns instead of like a pz2/puma? Is that better in team games?
Seems you save on ammo and get some good units so 2 in 1 I suppose.

Also how to beat IS sniping my poor models with the first volley or two? Seems pretty oppressive for my noob brain to handle. They kinda just pick off my models while I can't do much to out damage them before I get something else than volks on the front. Got matched with Hans_chicken ones somehow and he beat my ass with only IS and I had no idea how to counter like 4-5 IS. What is the secret? I play good against USF and SOV but UKF hurts bad. Seems like IS OP ofc but are they or am I just that bad? Do I just outblob? Come to the battle with 1 more squad? What do?
8 May 2020, 05:26 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Replays help if you want direct tips for feedback on your play.

If you can handle light vehicles I suggest them. If not, either 2x LeIG or stuka zu fuss to handle team weapons.

Blob your volks. Volks are awful in 1v1 situations.

I don't recommend grand offensive anymore. Tiger is meh and something like breakthrough is probably better. Spec ops is always nice because flares and if you like firestorm I suggest keeping it. It's niche but it can be pretty great in the right conditions. Fortifications is also nice, but imo it doesn't really bring what OKW needs. With it you're lacking a lategame callin and relying on LeFH spam and maybe a 43, both of which get countered by offmaps of which in 99% of all games someone on allies will have them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 31
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment