Login

russian armor

(2) Bénouville Bridge

4 May 2020, 01:08 AM

On the night of 5 June 1944, a force of 181 men, led by Major John Howard, took off from RAF Tarrant Rushton in Dorset, southern England in six gliders to capture Pegasus Bridge (Bénouville Bridge) and "Horsa Bridge", a few hundred yards to the east, over the Orne River. The force was composed of D Company (reinforced with two platoons of B Company), 2nd Battalion, Oxford and Bucks Light Infantry; 20 sappers of the Royal Engineers of 249 Field Company (Airborne); and men of the Glider Pilot Regiment. The object of this action was to prevent German armor from crossing the bridges and attacking the eastern flank of the landings at Sword Beach.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Workshop link here

Pictures here
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I've never made a map before, but I've been playing a lot of CoH2 lately and wanted to mess around with the World Builder. I've always beeen interested in D-Day and Operation Market Garden and I wanted to find a possibly lesser known battle to base the map off of a real place and battle during the war. I ended up finding this small town and bridge on google maps and researched it and found out about Operation Deadstick and couldn't believe I'd never heard of it. Turned out to be the perfect setting.

Hope a few people can play the map and give any feedback they feel like. I'd love for the map to be competitively viable. Sorry I can't seem to get pictures to show up in the post. I just put the imgur link.
Side note: Does anyone know how to create the simplified minimaps most maps use in the selection screen?
4 May 2020, 01:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Side note: Does anyone know how to create the simplified minimaps most maps use in the selection screen?

Perhaps this guide can help. You will need Photoshop (or an equivalent picture editing software), however.
4 May 2020, 02:11 AM

Perhaps this guide can help. You will need Photoshop (or an equivalent picture editing software), however.

Ah thank you!
4 May 2020, 08:18 AM

I updated the map a bit just from some things I noticed playing it myself. Moved the bases up a tad and the two SPs on the right side of both bases in a little since it felt like the map was a bit too big. Also added base MG bunkers and updated the tac map.
4 May 2020, 11:42 AM

Took a few more replay pics and figured out the picture issue so here's some without having to click a link.

Looking toward the central VP

Looking toward the right VP in the distance

Looking toward the left fuel and muni points. Left VP just off to the left of the screen.

From the right side of the map looking left
12 May 2020, 11:03 AM

Thanks to whiteflash, blvckdream, and rosbone for suggestions and help. Put in quite a bit more work if anyone wants to check it out again.

Updated pics here

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight