Login

russian armor

Crashing in Replays

3 May 2020, 04:29 AM

This is so frustrating, one of the best things about COH was when you have a great game, you get to watch yourself play in the replay.

Now, I'm constantly getting crashes back to desktop whenever I watch replays. It happens at random times and I can seem to isolate what is causing it.

I use autohotkeys and basically just use my mouse button for tactical map.

I think I can somewhat mitigate the amount it crashes if I don't watch it at accelerated speed and try to not use the tactical map but that makes it too painful to use and still results in crashes.

Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks in advance.
3 May 2020, 06:34 AM

This is so frustrating, one of the best things about COH was when you have a great game, you get to watch yourself play in the replay.

Now, I'm constantly getting crashes back to desktop whenever I watch replays. It happens at random times and I can seem to isolate what is causing it.

I use autohotkeys and basically just use my mouse button for tactical map.

I think I can somewhat mitigate the amount it crashes if I don't watch it at accelerated speed and try to not use the tactical map but that makes it too painful to use and still results in crashes.

Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks in advance.

I've been having bugs where if I hit the accelerate speed too fast or try tell it to speed up when it is already 8x then it crashes to desktop. Once I had a crash on a replay, it seems more prone to crash again. I eventually deleted all my old replays, started slowly increasing speed to 8x and don't usually crash now.

The small patch that came out just awhile ago broke old replays for me, so I don't try to play those anymore.
3 May 2020, 11:13 AM

dude, thanks so much. I'm desperate so I'll give it a try.

Old replays always die with old patches, that is normal.

Seems like something simple is breaking it, speed maybe, i'll do it slowly but in saying that, I'm not changing the speed when it crashes so as I type this, I'm not so certain that is it but at least it is food for thought.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★