Login

russian armor

Issue with World Builder Export Package failure

1 May 2020, 22:23 PM

Hoping someone can help me but after searching for a while I'm sort of prepared to give up. I created my first map for fun and exported it and accessed it in game even, no issues. After playing it I went back into the map and adjusted some things. Saved it and tried to reexport it. I now get this error every time I try it.

https://imgur.com/QiIr2VC

Does anyone think they know what the problem could be?
1 May 2020, 23:10 PM

Hah I figured it out. I fixed it by setting the compatibility to Windows 8 for the archive.exe tool in the game files. Bit strange since the first time I ran it, it worked just fine and I didn't set the compatibility mode then.

¯¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯
2 May 2020, 01:56 AM

I had this issue once but I dont remember what the cause was.

I seem to think one of the files was in use. Like I was editing the minimap or loading screen image so it was locked.

Or I just closed the worldbuilder and restarted it.

Glad its working for you!
2 May 2020, 02:30 AM

I had this issue once but I dont remember what the cause was.

I seem to think one of the files was in use. Like I was editing the minimap or loading screen image so it was locked.

Or I just closed the worldbuilder and restarted it.

Glad its working for you!

Yeah I was really confused because the first time it worked perfectly. Then I changed the location of a wall and saved and and tried to reexport and got that error continuously. Tried putting the different .exe's in admin mode. No luck. Randomly tried the compatibility suggester for the archive.exe tool and it suggested windows 8. Set it to that and bam everything worked. Not sure what changed but glad my hours of work didn't go to complete waste lol.
4 May 2020, 00:08 AM

Well the problem came back on a new map. Same error code. Guess my compatibility fix didn't actually fix it? Guess I'll try restarting a few times and seeing if anything changes.
4 May 2020, 00:13 AM

Ok I feel like it's just fucking with me at this point. Verified game files in steam and tried it again. Worked no problem. Not sure what the fuck causes this.
4 May 2020, 03:19 AM

Are you still running the game when this happens? The game will lock the map file and not let you update it.
4 May 2020, 04:29 AM

Are you still running the game when this happens? The game will lock the map file and not let you update it.

I do think that may be it. I thought if I was back in the main menu not accessing it I could update things and then open it back up through the modding page but I guess not. Kind of annoying if you want to make little changes and have to close the game every time. Thanks for the help.
4 May 2020, 04:51 AM

Like I said before. I had this issue once too. Just could not remember exactly what it was. But I recalled it being a locked file.

Glad it worked out for you!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS