russian armor

tiger ace rework

13 Nov 2013, 20:36 PM

ok i propose any of these changes for this gamebreaking unit

fix 1:

-calls in tiger ace
-cost: 800mp 300 fuel
-freezes victory points 4 minutes
-during the vp freeze the tiger tank is a "tiger ace" ,after the duration, Michael Wittmann (obviously the tank commander inside the tiger ace) has to leave the battlefield urgently to meet with the fuhrer and the tiger ace becomes a normal vet 0 tiger.

fix 2:

-calls in tiger ace for only 4 minutes
-cost: nothing
-freezes victory points
-after the duration, the tiger ace is reassigned to the western front and leaves the battlefield =(

with these changes the ability stays "cool" and "epic" exactly what the kiddies wanted but to longer breaks the game so much
13 Nov 2013, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 20:36 PMatwar
ok i propose any of these changes for this gamebreaking unit

fix 1:

-calls in tiger ace
-cost: 800mp 300 fuel
-freezes victory points 4 minutes
-during the vp freeze the tiger tank is a "tiger ace" ,after the duration, Michael Wittmann (obviously the tank commander inside the tiger ace) has to leave the battlefield urgently to meet with the fuhrer and the tiger ace becomes a normal vet 0 tiger.

fix 2:

-calls in tiger ace for only 4 minutes
-cost: nothing
-freezes victory points
-after the duration, the tiger ace is reassigned to the western front and leaves the battlefield =(

with these changes the ability stays "cool" and "epic" exactly what the kiddies wanted but to longer breaks the game so much

well nice idea but freezing the VTP´s no way. Thats too hard!
maybe they should install a Critical Hit on the Tiger Ace wich give the russian the change to hit the ammo wrack after 5minutes :D that would be cool.
13 Nov 2013, 20:49 PM

14 Nov 2013, 02:48 AM

vp freeze because it doesnt stop income, so it can be easily a insta-win button if you take all the map for 4min
14 Nov 2013, 04:46 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

No offense, but freezing VPs is equally as ludicrous as "no more manpower forever."
14 Nov 2013, 05:37 AM

Con!,

If you played COH you would know that before the game was "stale", as you understand it, it was almost unplayable because Relic refused for the longest time to do anything about Kangaroos being into your base by 7 minutes and then crushing your troops over and over again. Before that, trenches and gliders crushed all your people. The PE infantry spam and ACs were ridiculous. ToV represents this shift where relic nose dived from legendary to comically insane.

VCoH and CoH+TOV were done by separate teams if I remember correctly. The TOV expansion caused ridiculous problems to the game essentially ruining a perfect rts and running off over 3/4s of the initial community.

Guess who is in charge of this game? The track record simply isn't there. Nothing that they have said or done in this game thus far has been anything to the contrary of a big fucking letdown and this is about to make it even worse.

Mark my words.
14 Nov 2013, 05:56 AM
14 Nov 2013, 05:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 05:56 AMatwar
Con!,

If you played COH you would know that before the game was "stale", as you understand it, it was almost unplayable because Relic refused for the longest time to do anything about Kangaroos being into your base by 7 minutes and then crushing your troops over and over again. Before that, trenches and gliders crushed all your people. The PE infantry spam and ACs were ridiculous. ToV represents this shift where relic nose dived from legendary to comically insane.

VCoH and CoH+TOV were done by separate teams if I remember correctly. The TOV expansion caused ridiculous problems to the game essentially ruining a perfect rts and running off over 3/4s of the initial community.

Guess who is in charge of this game? The track record simply isn't there. Nothing that they have said or done in this game thus far has been anything to the contrary of a big fucking letdown and this is about to make it even worse.

Mark my words.

no i havent played COH1, that game must suck, everything they have done with COH2 is good untill they released this joke elite commander
nice spam btw
14 Nov 2013, 06:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 05:57 AMatwar

no i havent played COH1, that game must suck, everything they have done with COH2 is good untill they released this joke elite commander
nice spam btw

^Troll Identified

Please ignore.
14 Nov 2013, 10:37 AM

I have to say that since yesterday i loved the DLC commanders system. There were no OP commanders and you could buy some to change a bit your style of play or to better suit your strategy. But the latest commanders are obv pay4win dlc and in a competitive game is unaccetable. Free tanks, cheap vets, boost fuels and so on are perks that cannot be balanced in any way because strictly change the nature of the game.

E.g. i didn't know the existance of Tiger Ace and i'm playing a normal match were i dominating my opponent (langres, both fuel on my hands, 2 VP since the starts). Suddendly this tank appears killing 2 IS-52 and 2 ZiS. Game over. I didn't know it was for free.
14 Nov 2013, 12:24 PM
Donator 22

Im not sure if this is realizable, but a tiger ace call in for 4 min. makes absolutely no sense. He will leave the battlefield, without any enemy contact ^^
14 Nov 2013, 12:39 PM

Permanently Banned
you guys, tiger ace is your last chance, for example. you have 7 CP enemy and you annihilated each other. Enemy left 4-5 units, you had nothing. Then comes the final boss.
14 Nov 2013, 12:40 PM

Permanently Banned
and if you reach 7 CP you can beat the t70 hussars too, just dont shoot the t70es dont let him get popcap and destroy his base.
14 Nov 2013, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 12:39 PMakosi
you guys, tiger ace is your last chance, for example. you have 7 CP enemy and you annihilated each other. Enemy left 4-5 units, you had nothing. Then comes the final boss.

wow, people actually like this silly idea of the tiger ace. A free call in, of a super tiger, but people like it, they think "makes sense"
All hope is lost then, bye coh2, delete the thread.
14 Nov 2013, 13:02 PM

Germans have the chance,let's say if loosing the game to actually win it :))) with the free of charge "Magical Tiger"...yes it has counters,lay mines on the whole f*****g map and make 10 T34's(just to be sure) hoping that one of the mines or rams succeeds...
Oh and to finish it up you need around 4 SU85's because the 76mm turret on the T34 doesn't penetrate it's rear(ass)...
All in all,it has counters,so no it isn't OP(yea,right)
14 Nov 2013, 13:24 PM
Benefactor 115

I think it's really a waste of time and words to try and balance the new commanders, a few considerations:
- the only thing they can do is nerf them down, they obviously can't remove abilities completely or ban them from automatch because people paid money to have that specific abilities (one could even argue that they spent money to have those specific OP abilities so nerfing them is already bad).
- what you can do is find ways to avoid automatch and gather with people and BAN the commanders from your custom games and just use the game core BUT:
- the game core is getting more and more unbalanced since its balance is achieved with paid Commanders.
- Personally I won't reinstall this game even if all the commanders get balanced: I paid full price for it and not being able to play it in its entirety is just plain retarded. If you want to make expensions fine, but don't let DLC users play with non-DLC users. I really see no wayout
14 Nov 2013, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 12:39 PMakosi

First, this is a competitive multiplayer game, there should not be a final boss in the first place. Boss fights belong in the campaign.

Second, the tiger ace can not only be used as a 'last chance' when losing a game. A game can be perfectly even, with both players spending all their resources, and both having an equal army, and then the germans have the option to end the game in 1 push with a free super tank.

In a game between two equally matched players, the player with the tiger ace wins. I have only been able to kill the tiger ace when my opponent played much worse than I did. In games where me and my opponent were matched evenly against each other, the game ended at the 7cp mark because he got a free super heavy tank.
14 Nov 2013, 15:02 PM

theres some more reasons why this doctrine cant be balanced and only breaks the game: if you delay your commander pick in the game or hide it(only randomly and discretly vetting up your troops) your opponent will never know the tiger ace is coming, less than 3 su85 or less than 4 zis by the 7cp mark,only means instant GG for him.
the fact that this commander allows you to invest all your income on infantry, therefore forcing your opponent to react with anti infantry units by using all his income, to not be overwhelmed(lets remember this is a "competitive" game and you have to fight your opponent with an army of the same value), and then it gives you,a FREE ARMOURED INVINCIBLE UNIT when your enemy is completely unprepared for even a panther, makes this commander completely broken beyond nerfs
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★