Login

russian armor

double fuel point important or not ?

30 Apr 2020, 08:56 AM

well i just want to discuss here...
i just getting tired that player sometime sacrfice the game for this particular point..

while fuel is definitely the ultimate currency that "can" win you game with tanks..
i just frustate so much that the players often mindlessly tugging fuel point instead try diffrent approach like cutting supply or defend already taken by teammate fuel point and crush the enemy there... OR protect the VP points

oh yeah this is from 2v2 perspective.

i take this to the forum because it so damn frustating that i am lost because of this mindset..
well maybe i am too egoistical but i just want to understand what the matter with double fuel point if you can micro your ATG enough and strategicly using snare (and MINES EVERYWHERE) i think double fuel point is not a matter.. a single fuel point is enough to carry the game...

any thought about this? or i just wrong ?
30 Apr 2020, 10:04 AM

Single fuel point is defo the optimal situation

As for double, well its a bit blurry..

There is no way to spend fuel without manpower, so if one can "sell" both fuels for a high price of bleed and wipes, the opponent may not benefit from them at all. But then again,they are still likely gonna tech far ahead of you and even if you can keep vehicles at bay, they will still bleed YOUR manpower more than you could possibly bleed theirs
30 Apr 2020, 10:55 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Well, depends, right?

I think the "Go double fuel" thing is basically the result of stage 2 in people's path to learn the game.

The obvious thing you realize instantly is that the goal of the game is to bring the opponent's VPs down to 0. You do that by holding more VPs than your opponent, so holding VPs is the most important thing to do: Strategy 1 therefore is to rush the VPs and defend them as best as you can.

Now, you do that, you hold 2 VPs, everything works great, and then you get rolled over by tanks. Why is that? Ok, they had both fuels, we didn't because we sat on the VPs, hence they were able to buy tons of tanks while we had none. So, update the strategy stage 2: "Rush the fuels. The more fuel the better, no matter the cost."

Eventually, stage 3 would then be that everything is situational, but at that point it becomes tricky because the best strategy depends on a ton of things.

So, yeah, I can understand that it frustrating if your teammate constantly and blindly pushes for the other fuel, but maybe it is still better than if a teammate would only secure and defend one VP at the start of the game and then flame you for not being able to hold "your" VP?

Edit: More to your initial question, if it is effective: Well, yeah, if you can secure both fuels easily, you will win quickly. The obvious problem is, that will only be able to pull this off if your team is significantly better than the other team; which may or may not be the case; if they are not, then you might loose to much in the attempts and it might cost you the game instead as adamírcz wrote.
27 May 2020, 10:02 AM

ditto

ditto

so the best way to do is... waiting to get better match with better teammate ?

well anyway thanks for the reply and sorry for the late reply...

getting enough of CoH 2 recently every match always getting gang up by pre-arranged team...
time to burried a good game and looking another title i guess
27 May 2020, 23:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2020, 10:02 AMruzara

getting enough of CoH 2 recently every match always getting gang up by pre-arranged team...
time to burried a good game and looking another title i guess

2v2 recently will be filled with amazing top-tier players practicing for UTT2. If you really can't handle being double-teamed, try 1v1 or take a break from CoH2 (like you said).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★