Login

russian armor

Question in AI upgrades and buildings

24 Apr 2020, 18:23 PM

Hello, I just want to ask where in the AE can you find how AI upgrades its units or buildings and also how the AI build emplacements or caches, and how they locate in the map where they build it. Thanks! :)
24 Apr 2020, 18:39 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The priorities for the AI are located in the category 'ai_economy\complete\default'.

You can set the utility value for upgrades and squads. Everything that is not included in the lists gets a default value which is configurable in the same file.

It seems that the Soviet and Wehrmacht AI use caches, but the other don't. I have no clue why this is the case. The locations for emplacements are calculated with an algorithm (not accessible in the tools), but I don't know how it works exactly. Emplacements can be added to the lists with squads to give them an utility.
24 Apr 2020, 18:52 PM

What is the difference between the complete and overrides in the ai/economy?

USF AI do make caches but sadly UKF don't since I intend to fix. But anyway thanks for the answer. :)
24 Apr 2020, 20:58 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Complete is standard used in skirmish. The overrides are used for campaign and theater of war missions.
25 Apr 2020, 02:39 AM

Now I understand. Thanks :)
28 Apr 2020, 04:04 AM

I tried adding a custom upgrade for the AI use by putting it in the cloned default of the ai_economy. It seems that squads list is working since I actually stopped the AI from spawning a certain unit and it worked. But the upgrade list is not working even though I put a 1000 in utility. I also even put in the player_upgrades list. I even add the upgrades in the ai_production_info of each army inside the army category. Still no luck. :(
28 Apr 2020, 04:56 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The upgrades list is one which I haven't used, so I cannot confirm if it works or not. I found out that squad upgrades are somehow often bought without explicitly telling the AI.

The player_upgrades list does work, I added the panzer authorization for example and they always buy it now.

What kind of upgrade is it? Are you also sure that the requirements are met?
28 Apr 2020, 05:21 AM

Its a custom made upgrade similar to your method that I read from other thread which can only be upgraded by the AI. I also want to add the Tank Commander upgrade for UKF tanks and medic upgrade for forward hq also for UKF.

I also think the AI upgrade panzer authorization because the original west_german army_bag has panzer authorization on its ai_production info upgrade list.
28 Apr 2020, 05:40 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This is the upgrade which I use to recognize a player as AI: https://www.dropbox.com/s/65pe9bpuk07e605/is_ai_upgrade.xml?dl=0

The owner is player and I think only player upgrades work in the ai_economy. ui_position is -1 and no hotkey to make it invisible for human players :)

You could make a workaround by adding a requirement_action to the Infantry Section squad. The action adds the medic upgrade and the requirement is this ai_upgrade to be present. The same could be done for the tank commander. It it also possible to reduce their resources by the original cost of the upgrade.

(The AI is hard to influence, I use tons of workarounds like these to make them act like I want to :P)
28 Apr 2020, 05:51 AM

I already created the is_ai_upgrade but it seems that the AI don't take it even with a 1000 utility. I can check it by setting the ui_position to 1 so that I can see it and check whether AI took it or not. And take over the AI using a cheat mod. This is just for debugging purposes. But even after many tries, the AI won't take the is_ai_upgrade or any upgrades that I included in the list. Which wonders me a lot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 94
Netherlands 15
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak