Login

russian armor

OKW battlegroup HQ

22 Apr 2020, 10:17 AM

Any tips on how to use it properly and with which doctrines? Mechanized seems to usually be better because of luchs/puma, but also I like to have a leig and not constantly pay munitions for healing. Thoughts?

Also unrelated, but if you equip sturmpioneers with a minesweeper, does it have to be equipped in order to gain the repair speed boost or is it permanent, regardless if it's equipped?

Also also sohuld I even build a kubel when I can opt for the infrared halftrack with battlegroup HQ?
22 Apr 2020, 13:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1) As long as you have the upgrade, the repair speed bonus will apply.
2) Kubels are generally useful for early-game capping, its role doesn't really overlap with the IR Halftrack.

What game mode are you playing? The uses for QKW tech vary greatly depending on game mode.

I predominantly play 1v1s, and I use it when I go Scavenge doctrine. The JLI can provide a meaningful mid-game anti-infantry power (what the Luchs provides), then I get two Raketenwerfers for anti-tank (what the Puma provides). If the opponent is going heavy with team weapons, I would get a single leIG.

With infantry and support weapons, you cannot play as aggressively as with light vehicles, but by skipping a light vehicle, you can get the Ostwind not too long after your opponent fields a light vehicle. The Ostwind decimates infantry and can bully almost any allied light vehicle.

In team games (2v2+), the window of effectiveness that light vehicles have is grows smaller the larger the team game. Battlegroup HQ is the usual tech, as you can get a Panzer IV out rather quickly. The only time you would get Mechanized HQ is if you are the one responsible for indirect fire (Walking Stukas) on your team.
22 Apr 2020, 13:41 PM

Consider using the Flak HT as an extremely effective suppression/model sniping platform that can vaporise MGs and shreds squads at vet II+, but is easily killed by AT guns. It's vastly better than the MG34, if not 2 of them even, and can drive away from arty strikes, coming with an inbuilt smoke. Even if they have AT guns and PTRS squads, you can still use it to protect your 'LelIGs', in the back, from vengeful flankers.
22 Apr 2020, 14:00 PM

1) As long as you have the upgrade, the repair speed bonus will apply.
2) Kubels are generally useful for early-game capping, its role doesn't really overlap with the IR Halftrack.

What game mode are you playing? The uses for QKW tech vary greatly depending on game mode.

I predominantly play 1v1s, and I use it when I go Scavenge doctrine. The JLI can provide a meaningful mid-game anti-infantry power (what the Luchs provides), then I get two Raketenwerfers for anti-tank (what the Puma provides). If the opponent is going heavy with team weapons, I would get a single leIG.

With infantry and support weapons, you cannot play as aggressively as with light vehicles, but by skipping a light vehicle, you can get the Ostwind not too long after your opponent fields a light vehicle. The Ostwind decimates infantry and can bully almost any allied light vehicle.

In team games (2v2+), the window of effectiveness that light vehicles have is grows smaller the larger the team game. Battlegroup HQ is the usual tech, as you can get a Panzer IV out rather quickly. The only time you would get Mechanized HQ is if you are the one responsible for indirect fire (Walking Stukas) on your team.

Thanks for your response, I play random 2v2 at rank ~1000 (slightly higher) and I only have the basic 4 doctrines for OKW.

EDIT: I actually have a 5th doctrine, it's the one with the sturmtiger, idk how it's called in english though, armour support I think?

I don't really want to go for kubel if I go for the battlegroup HQ since kubel later on is mostly used for scouting with its vet 1 maphack, and I consider the IR halftrack to just be superior for spotting than a kubel, even after the nerf it can spot an entire army safely and you don't even need to bring up the tactical map to see what units are there.

Consider using the Flak HT as an extremely effective suppression/model sniping platform that can vaporise MGs and shreds squads at vet II+, but is easily killed by AT guns. It's vastly better than the MG34, if not 2 of them even, and can drive away from arty strikes, coming with an inbuilt smoke. Even if they have AT guns and PTRS squads, you can still use it to protect your 'LelIGs', in the back, from vengeful flankers.

Thanks for your input as well, I was already using the flak HT to some effectivness but I usually prefer the IR halftrack + leig since it gives you a ton of vision, so you can hit / smoke the most important target and assault. Will keep your tips in mind though.

Also, if I go mechanized first, should I purchase the battlegroup HQ after a panzer II for healing, or should I just keep getting sturmpio medkits until later on?
22 Apr 2020, 14:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2020, 14:00 PMmaahowl

Thanks for your response, I play random 2v2 at rank ~1000 (slightly higher) and I only have the basic 4 doctrines for OKW.

I don't really want to go for kubel if I go for the battlegroup HQ since kubel later on is mostly used for scouting with its vet 1 maphack, and I consider the IR halftrack to just be superior for spotting than a kubel, even after the nerf it can spot an entire army safely and you don't even need to bring up the tactical map to see what units are there.

I do not know what the fourth stock doctrine for OKW is. The three I remember are Luftwaffe, Breakthrough, and Spec Ops.

In 2v2s I would go Battlegroup with the following doctrines: Luftwaffe and Breakthrough. Luftwaffe has the anti-infantry power (Falls) that allows you to bypass light vehicles (e.g. Luchs), and with the early elite infantry you definitely could use the healing early. With Breakthrough it is much the same, albeit even more munitions intensive (90MU G43s), so you should avoid medkits and go for quick G43s for infantry dominance. With Battlegroup builds I would rush medium armor, and only get a Flak HT if your opponent picks doctrines with plane loiters.

Spec Ops has Artillery Flares, perhaps the most broken recon ability in the game. Go Mechanized with this doctrine, and get two Stukas. The Artillery Flares can help you spot for juicy targets.

In all honesty, I would not get the IR Halftrack. The early capping (and bleeding if your opponent didn't go for an ultra-light vehicle) provided by the Kubel is not bad, and all three doctrines mentioned above have powerful recon abilities. Spec Ops has Artillery Flares, Luftwaffe has the Recon Sweep, and Breakthrough has Panzerfusilier flares.
22 Apr 2020, 15:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2020, 14:00 PMmaahowl

EDIT: I actually have a 5th doctrine, it's the one with the sturmtiger, idk how it's called in english though, armour support I think?

Thanks for your input as well, I was already using the flak HT to some effectivness but I usually prefer the IR halftrack + leig since it gives you a ton of vision, so you can hit / smoke the most important target and assault. Will keep your tips in mind though.

Also, if I go mechanized first, should I purchase the battlegroup HQ after a panzer II for healing, or should I just keep getting sturmpio medkits until later on?

In English, it's called 'Elite Armor' but truthfully 'Armor Support' is a much more accurate description as it doesn't give you any real elite armor, like say an upgraded KT. Sturmtiger's a bit of a gimmick and can't do much to an awake armor unit. HEAT and Pz Commander are nice support options to existing units. I've stopped calling it E.A. a long time ago.

You're welcome.

I would advise against backteching to T2 as your opponents will likely still be following normal teching to T4 and backteching before T4 will leave you open to an early medium to which you have no vehicles other than the puma to counter with. Auf Js are just too important to not get out in time imho. I suppose that if the infantry war is that bloody and nobody has much fuel then sure, backteching before T4 might be better. But OTOH, why not get Obers first?

23 Apr 2020, 09:35 AM

Thanks for your input everyone, you certainly helped me out with your suggestions. BTW, the 4th stock doctrine for OKW is the grand offensive doctrine with the command tiger.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★