Login

russian armor

7 muni Anti Personnel mine

19 Nov 2013, 09:03 AM

Permanently Banned
I suggest 10 Muni and a 10s cooldown (if it doesnt have a cooldown already).

At 10 Muni its like Flare Mine, but with better AI potential instead of the secondary flare effect.

By mining objectives after/during you cap them, you more or less are guaranteed model kills on whatever infantry comesmto retake them. Also good for mining building doorways.
19 Nov 2013, 09:41 AM

building doorways, choke points, all around points, either side of green cover, the same places they've already hit mines, and anywhere else you think they might walk. lay in pairs or more in high traffic spots.

start mining at 7 muni, and keep mining. it snowballs with your income, forces constant retreats on less skilled players and it's funny as hell seeing Pgrens getting taken to 1 man when they run through a couple at your cutoff...
19 Nov 2013, 10:04 AM

start mining at 7 muni, and keep mining. it snowballs with your income, forces constant retreats on less skilled players and it's funny as hell seeing Pgrens getting taken to 1 man when they run through a couple at your cutoff...

Very lttle skilled players, that is.

Anyone else will - after running into mines the first 3 or 4 times - get a minesweeper.

Let's not exaggerate the benefits of scale here.
19 Nov 2013, 10:13 AM

Permanently Banned

Lets not understate reducing a Gren/PGren/Pio/Setup team unit by 1/4-1/2 for 7 munis of expenditure.

Hello?
19 Nov 2013, 11:15 AM

Very lttle skilled players, that is.

Anyone else will - after running into mines the first 3 or 4 times - get a minesweeper.

From this comment alone I can tell youre not playing CoH2 at high level. You can't "out-sweep" somebody that spams these mines all over the map. You're always gonna trip all over them, even if u detect a couple of them with your sweeper.

People should really stop justiying op mines by saying they can be sweepered, its just dumb.
19 Nov 2013, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 11:15 AMStoffa

From this comment alone I can tell youre not playing CoH2 at high level. You can't "out-sweep" somebody that spams these mines all over the map. You're always gonna trip all over them, even if u detect a couple of them with your sweeper.

People should really stop justiying op mines by saying they can be sweepered, its just dumb.

You're just ranting and twisting my post.

Support your lame statement with a replay?
20 Nov 2013, 11:44 AM
Donator 11

WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR RELIC TO ADD VCOH MINES BACK??? And why does soviet have all the good mines and germans get the fucking farmer field of mines and germans are never munition starved lol i bet the balance devs at relic is a communist
20 Nov 2013, 15:51 PM

it would be nice for the ostheer to get a normal landmine back.
20 Nov 2013, 16:19 PM

You're just ranting and twisting my post.
Support your lame statement with a replay?

Im not even bothering going through the hassle of looking up a replay to prove my point to a scrub.
9 Dec 2013, 16:30 PM

Bump. This mine needs to be fixed.
9 Dec 2013, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2013, 16:30 PMStoffa
Bump. This mine needs to be fixed.

Maybe in the upcoming patch?
9 Dec 2013, 17:18 PM

Maybe in the upcoming patch?

nope, no changes to this mine in the next patch.
9 Dec 2013, 17:22 PM

I think german multi-purpose mine may appear as a commander ability.
lol
9 Dec 2013, 17:51 PM

M
i
n
e

s
w
e
a
p
e
r

OMG
9 Dec 2013, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2013, 11:44 AMspajn
WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR RELIC TO ADD VCOH MINES BACK??? And why does soviet have all the good mines and germans get the fucking farmer field of mines and germans are never munition starved lol i bet the balance devs at relic is a communist

Soviets only dont have strong AT mine. Soviets have many AI units, but lacks of AT. Give teller mine and grab this doctrinal garbage. :-)
9 Dec 2013, 19:25 PM

The mines ARE too good. However, I don't think it's a problem, because the rest of the commander is extremely lackluster. It doesn't make the entire commander OP.

I don't see a single top soviet player use this commander.

Personally, I gave the commander a brief try, but found it lacking.
9 Dec 2013, 21:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2013, 19:25 PMlink0
The mines ARE too good. However, I don't think it's a problem, because the rest of the commander is extremely lackluster. It doesn't make the entire commander OP.

That sounds about right. When I did a whole scoring mockup of all abilities, the only way I could get this doctrine to fit into the same scoring range as the others was to make the mines a 5 on a scale of 3 to 5, given that it was a zero cp ability(which always rates higher) and that the other abilities in the doctrine were scored pretty low.

I've never played against this doctrine or used it though, so that's all just theory. I just don't know that it is a bad thing if its a strong ability.
9 Dec 2013, 23:46 PM

Its more annoying than it is strong. It also upsets my delicate sensibilities knowing that I cant return the favor due to German mines being so costly.
10 Dec 2013, 12:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2013, 19:25 PMlink0

There is actually a player using this commander that has now reached the 1v1 top 20 whereas before he was nowhere near that high. Duschka combined with AP-mine spam is stronger than you think.
10 Dec 2013, 12:27 PM
Donator 11

I think they should notch the cost up to 10 munitions
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment