Login

russian armor

7 muni Anti Personnel mine

13 Nov 2013, 17:55 PM
Benefactor 115

this is game is over, from now on talking about coh2 balance will be like dancing about architecture, only an idiot would reduce this to mere factions arguments
13 Nov 2013, 18:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 17:38 PMNullist
7 muni... all my lols.

Thats it. The gloves are off. This means forum war, full force.

So people who disagree with you are the reason Relic releases unbalanced commanders/units/abilities (for both factions that is)?

Ok man, whatever.
13 Nov 2013, 18:04 PM
Benefactor 115

No seriously nullist.

The beta build we have is about 3 months ahead but not all the changes make it into live, that's up to the balance developer and we don't get to play on a build with just those changes before they hit live.

A lot of us post a lot of feedback in the forums but at the end of the day it's up to the developer what they decide to put in to the live update based on our feedback. So I'm afraid your barking up the wrong tree here.

13 Nov 2013, 18:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 17:38 PMNullist
Thats it. The gloves are off. This means forum war, full force.

Take a deep breath - this will only get you banned.
Stay focused and rational.. or whatever counts as rational on the internet :)

People who favor the soviet faction are not to blame for this.
Targeting beta testers is pointless as they are not allowed to comment on their feedback during beta (would love to see that personally).

That being said.
I think the marketing/sales department probably went medieval on the development/balance team to get away with this kind of bullshit.
.. which will ultimately get nerfed once enough commanders have been sold.

EDIT: A month ago the soviet faction got the short end of the DLC-stick when the assault gren and the osttruppen commander appeared.
Turnaround is fair play I guess - as long as the sales numbers are on target.
13 Nov 2013, 18:13 PM

No seriously nullist.

The beta build we have is about 3 months ahead but not all the changes make it into live, that's up to the balance developer and we don't get to play on a build with just those changes before they hit live.

A lot of us post a lot of feedback in the forums but at the end of the day it's up to the developer what they decide to put in to the live update based on our feedback. So I'm afraid your barking up the wrong tree here.

how do you people play games in the beta? seriously ive gone there and find it empty all the time. do you have a group or something that i am not aware off. the forums are just discussions on units and maps but not on finding ways to play. i would not have let that 7 munis mine pass withouth complaining. but then again i cant complain or say anything yet. because the only thing i saw from them was their price. and then iwas all like " mineotov"

back to point pm me if you know how i can get games in the beta.
13 Nov 2013, 18:14 PM
Benefactor 115

just talk to people in the group chat :/
13 Nov 2013, 18:15 PM

Permanently Banned
Look at the beta testers responding.

So far 3 have said "fuck you" and one thinks I will get banned rather than these guys.

What a great crew of respo sible, mature and repreesentative people seem to populate the beta.

No wonder we have the results we do now.

Thanks for proving my point completely and publically showing who and what you really are.

Its like GR all over again.

@Relic: Drop the beta immediately and employ professional testers. There are reasonable pro players who will gladly give their input for an actual community rep. Guys like Siberian, Stephenn, Hans and Cata. Even amd especially vonIvan! Hell, theyll do it for free, but you can toss em a DLC Commander for thanks, that they will then showcase in their hours of stream for free advertising. Your beta community is poison. Drop it like a bad batch of eggs.
13 Nov 2013, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 15:00 PMStoffa

Seriously.

(I don't even feel like explaining why this is just wrong. Sorry but to be honest it feels they have a couple of idiots balancing things at Relic. Disgusting.)

Exactly what i thought after patch with ostruppen. But seems this one is even better. Half free mines, 5 minutes t70, instant vet 3 grenadier, tank traps in commander tree. Why they even put wire in the game, they would have content for a new commander.
13 Nov 2013, 18:25 PM

Keep in mind that there are also a lot of bugs in the beta. Which are the top priority for testers to point out and make sure are fixed, before balance. That being said, there is a hard counter to these mines in the game, it's called a minesweeper - the range of which was also significantly buffed in the patch.
13 Nov 2013, 18:30 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I cleaned part of the mess.

Nullist, you are not starting anything if you keep this attitude, we are giving you plenty of occasions to show us your criticism can be done in a constructive way and using common sense.

For the rest: Relic runs a beta server with a bunch of people involved, some of them being casual players and others being more competitive players. Relic collects our feedback (yes, I'm in the beta too). And then THEY decide what they want to do with the game.

My opinion is that COH2 can be real fun to play only if it's first competitive and balanced first in 1vs1. We have proved with COH1 that this is true, COH1 is a very fun game, deep and interesting in terms of strategies, and even if it got balanced mainly for 1vs1, other game modes are at least ALL FUN to play and more balanced than COH2. (2vs2 being also competitive).

For this reason me (and many other COH1 pros like DevM, Sepha, Aimstrong, and so on) are constantly giving their feedback and expressing their opinion to Relic, hoping they'll change their system at some point.

While we do not usually share our opinion on public forums, you can figure it out by just looking at SNF rules. ;)

Please guys, continue the discussion in a civil way. Thanks. :)
13 Nov 2013, 18:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Marcus /signed

Dont let them give you any shit on the beta either.
The community is counting on you guys to deliver good feedback on proposed changes.
You are our reps on the inside. Make it count, even if it makes you unpopular, please.
13 Nov 2013, 18:40 PM

Its so sad but the more I think about the more I think Im done playing CoH2.

Its really showing Relic has absolutely no clue how to balance their own game. All they're doing is releasing more commander to make a quick buck. They don't even seem to care theyre destroying their own game in the process.
13 Nov 2013, 18:43 PM

just talk to people in the group chat :/

thats the thing what group what chat?

i suppose i' ll find it on my own.
13 Nov 2013, 18:44 PM

I may have been caught by the negative winds, but does anyone else feel like they dont plan on building COH2 to be a lasting success, like vCOH? I kind of get the feeling that they dont care much about the uproar in the community, and just shells out DLCs to earn money while there is still some life left in the game.
13 Nov 2013, 18:48 PM

I may have been caught by the negative winds, but does anyone else feel like they dont plan on building COH2 to be a lasting success, like vCOH? I kind of get the feeling that they dont care much about the uproar in the community, and just shells out DLCs to earn money while there is still some life left in the game.

i think it deserves a tread diferent from this one.
13 Nov 2013, 19:09 PM

I tried it and for what it does this mine is insanely cheap. It can almost take out a full squad with two hits. It just makes you wonder how such a thing could make it through balancing, but it did.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 18:40 PMStoffa
Its so sad but the more I think about the more I think Im done playing CoH2.

Its really showing Relic has absolutely no clue how to balance their own game. All they're doing is releasing more commander to make a quick buck. They don't even seem to care theyre destroying their own game in the process.

It's not that, I think it's just that Relic is a poorly managed company. It seems they have allot of internal conflicts between corporate finance pushing for financial targets to be met and developer teams trying to make unique games/projects. Plus the company has done a bad job releasing this game. Many people blame it on the takeover by Sega (or timing), but you only have to look at the quality (or lack thereof) of their updates to know otherwise.
13 Nov 2013, 19:40 PM

I, unfortunately, feel the exact same way.
13 Nov 2013, 19:53 PM

Damn, it seems its gonna be t70 & mine party in SNF.
13 Nov 2013, 20:05 PM

I find them useful because u can spam them so well. but I haven't seen them be overly lethal but maybe I just haven't been lucky with them
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 90
unknown 11
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak