Login

russian armor

Tiger ace callin bugged?

13 Nov 2013, 03:48 AM

I'm getting 0 resource income even after the tiger ace is killed... bug??
13 Nov 2013, 03:50 AM

No. thats how it is.Its no bug.If you call him in your income getting freezed for the rest of the game it has been confirmed by relic during the stream.
13 Nov 2013, 03:52 AM

ouch. I'm not so sure it's worth it then. Sorry I read conflicting info on the official forums.
13 Nov 2013, 03:54 AM

Therefore the Tiger ace is for free and cost no ressources.But you can only call in 1 per game.
13 Nov 2013, 03:58 AM

it would be nice if you got 50% resources after death of tiger ace or something. this is silly imo.
13 Nov 2013, 06:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 03:58 AMakula
it would be nice if you got 50% resources after death of tiger ace or something. this is silly imo.

Silly? You get a free super tiger that you can call in whenever you want. Did you really think there wouldn't be a catch?
13 Nov 2013, 06:41 AM

Silly? You get a free super tiger that you can call in whenever you want. Did you really think there wouldn't be a catch?

If you read my post, I said resources should drop to zero for the duration of the tiger ace's lifespan, then drop to something like 50% for the rest of the game.

Its game over now if you lose it which is a dumb mechanic. nerf the tank if required and get rid of this mechanic.

nice soviet bias btw.
13 Nov 2013, 06:48 AM

If you were to price the Tiger Ace, it would be 400 fuel, 1300 manpower. It probably has around 2,500 HP. It quickly knocks out tanks, and often before they escape (320 damage) since you can 1, 2, or 3 shot so many tanks including the SU-85. It 2 shots squads.

Literally, you'd have to play for a long time just to store all those resources. In this respect, it does make sense for them to stop all resources. You just received a superweapon for 24 population.. instead of the 48 or so for 2 tigers.

In playing I realize that the Archilles heel are only a few and all of them take some work/risk to do:

-a solid T-34 rear ram or engine damage.
-The new heavy vehicle, KV-2 lockdown strikes or long range ISU-152 shots.
13 Nov 2013, 07:14 AM

Even zergs of scripts capping the map might work eventually, it can't be everywhere, and every battle German inf fights they are getting worn down... Just like the real war :)

It needs to be a killing blow. But combined with say 3 medium tanks, it could be really nasty.

Can anyone confirm for me which abilities it has? Not had chance to get on yet.
13 Nov 2013, 07:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 06:41 AMakula

If you read my post, I said resources should drop to zero for the duration of the tiger ace's lifespan, then drop to something like 50% for the rest of the game.

Its game over now if you lose it which is a dumb mechanic. nerf the tank if required and get rid of this mechanic.

nice soviet bias btw.

Ahh the old bias accusation. Always nice to throw at people who disagree with you, right! Best way to win an argument is to attack their charecter rather then debate the actually argument. Good show old bean.

It's designed to be an all or nothing ability. You are literally betting the game on it. It really powerful and effective if called in at the right time. If your changes where made there would be atleast some sort of initial charge added.

I'd understand if you thought the current way it works was unfun or not good for gameplay and should be changed, but you are getting the best unit in the game for FREE. Losing if you aren't able to end the game with it seems likes fare trade off.

13 Nov 2013, 07:27 AM

Tiger Ace has smoke discharger and blitkrieg right off the bat. I also think it has spotting scope and extra long (+10) shooting range too, as the view range is quite large.
13 Nov 2013, 08:10 AM

The commander really forces the player to gamble and make a deep strategic decision.

With the purchasable vet, your units are more expensive (the ones you vetted).So if you call in that tiger and start losing, uh oh... The tiger is much slower but does have increased sight. But worst thing about it, the Sovs still have RNG on their side, one AT nade or a well placed RAM and that tiger can cause hell for the German. The German will have to pour all its remaining resources trying to repair and get it to safety, most likely taking casualties they cannot replace. I personally think this thing is brilliant. Just comp stomped and used this unit, charged it into base, BAM AT naded on first try. I thought if i was playing a real player that would have been death. I bet this is going to make for some epic DO or DIE battles for Sovs and Germans. Sovs desperately trying to get rid of tiger, while Germans desperately trying to keep its elite units alive.

I'd only use it for closing honestly...
13 Nov 2013, 08:30 AM

Permanently Banned
How many CP is the Ace?
13 Nov 2013, 12:59 PM

7.. Thank god.
13 Nov 2013, 14:05 PM

The commander really forces the player to gamble and make a deep strategic decision.

With the purchasable vet, your units are more expensive (the ones you vetted).So if you call in that tiger and start losing, uh oh... The tiger is much slower but does have increased sight. But worst thing about it, the Sovs still have RNG on their side, one AT nade or a well placed RAM and that tiger can cause hell for the German. The German will have to pour all its remaining resources trying to repair and get it to safety, most likely taking casualties they cannot replace. I personally think this thing is brilliant. Just comp stomped and used this unit, charged it into base, BAM AT naded on first try. I thought if i was playing a real player that would have been death. I bet this is going to make for some epic DO or DIE battles for Sovs and Germans. Sovs desperately trying to get rid of tiger, while Germans desperately trying to keep its elite units alive.

I'd only use it for closing honestly...

dont vet infantry.
get tanks. vet them
get a vetted mechanised army.
call in tiguer

leave your 2-4 vettet pioneers behind.
2 vetted mg.

why do i even need money to win.....

the commander is obviously mechanized focused like the soviet industry one. but instead of the soviets having a bunch of tanks to kill. Germans have a little bit of unkillable tanks.

you can allso go for heavy elite infantry and never call in the tiger
14 Nov 2013, 00:14 AM

dont vet infantry.
get tanks. vet them
get a vetted mechanised army.
call in tiguer

leave your 2-4 vettet pioneers behind.
2 vetted mg.

why do i even need money to win.....

the commander is obviously mechanized focused like the soviet industry one. but instead of the soviets having a bunch of tanks to kill. Germans have a little bit of unkillable tanks.

you can allso go for heavy elite infantry and never call in the tiger

You can only buy 1 star vet for tanks. No armor or damage upgrade until 2 and 3 so vetting tanks will only give you the ability to use blitz or crew shock if you are unfortunate enough to build stugs. Unless you are rushing an su blob, buying vet for every tank you have is meh when you can just buy more tanks
14 Nov 2013, 00:21 AM

You can only buy 1 star vet for tanks. No armor or damage upgrade until 2 and 3 so vetting tanks will only give you the ability to use blitz or crew shock if you are unfortunate enough to build stugs. Unless you are rushing an su blob, buying vet for every tank you have is meh when you can just buy more tanks

wrong. try buying vet again and it goes to vet 2 :)
14 Nov 2013, 00:39 AM

It gets very expensive vetting those tanks
14 Nov 2013, 06:04 AM

It's takes you half way to vet2 for tanks, which means with blitz it's easy to reach, just kill a couple targets.

Vetting inf makes their reinforce cost more, so combined with tiger ace resource drain, not the best idea to get inf.

Better to build tanks and pios and vet those. So counter to the soviet doc, few veteran tanks to their many mass produced tanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★