Login

russian armor

I demand a quick fix now!

13 Nov 2013, 02:42 AM

Who the hell decided to give the soviets a fuel boost at 0cp????? As if the t70 didnt come out early enough already........
13 Nov 2013, 02:45 AM
Honorary Member Badge

over reacting much?
13 Nov 2013, 02:48 AM

Staghound MG never reloads anymore, I demand a quick fix now!! Oh wait...
13 Nov 2013, 03:13 AM

over reacting? Right... So the tank with the 2 min window which would always push back the german forces now has a 4 min window, except its not a window anymore coz the germans lose all territory. Unable to get a hard counter out. Only thing germans can do now is lay a few mines and pray.
13 Nov 2013, 03:48 AM

im not really happy with this commander either, but siberian did just manage to beat it on his stream. 3-4 grens, t2, schrecks, ht for reinforce, then pak. he killed all 3 t70s fairly fast, though part of this was due to bad micro by the soviet player. with proper kiting, its definitely really hard to beat.
13 Nov 2013, 03:52 AM

yeah i watched it, and the soviet player was not very good. he got the t70's out late and microed them poorly.

Ok, so i jst played a game where the soviet player was able to get 3 m3's out, then a t70 at 6 mins and then a t34 at the same time my p4 came out, and he didnt even have his fuel point for half the game.........
13 Nov 2013, 04:59 AM

I was able to pump out a t70 in 4:30 minutes, VonIvan claimed he pumped one out at 4 min.

13 Nov 2013, 06:07 AM

Curiosity, do you guys reckon moving that ability back to 1 or possibly even 2 cps would fix it to an extent? The manpower loss seems like it would be reasonably severe as a counter-measure if it wasn't giving such a larger window of opportunity.

It seems like a real theme of the paid commanders that they all have 0cp abilities while free commanders do not, and a lot of the time it appears to be that messing with the very early game that makes it very difficult to reach a good balance compromise, and this one seems like a particularly severe example of that.

It also seems to me like a better solution for the building build times would be to generally reduce T1 and T2 times for the Soviets and then have the commander passive just affect vehicle build time. Currently the building and vehicle build times are just a huge buff for that commander, even without the fuel changes.

Edit: NB, purchased vet at the price it's at at the moment feels pretty weird to me too. Not buying the new commanders, so can't really test it.
13 Nov 2013, 06:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 06:07 AMBlovski
Curiosity, do you guys reckon moving that ability back to 1 or possibly even 2 cps would fix it to an extent? The manpower loss seems like it would be reasonably severe as a counter-measure if it wasn't giving such a larger window of opportunity.

It seems like a real theme of the paid commanders that they all have 0cp abilities while free commanders do not, and a lot of the time it appears to be that messing with the very early game that makes it very difficult to reach a good balance compromise, and this one seems like a particularly severe example of that.

It also seems to me like a better solution for the building build times would be to generally reduce T1 and T2 times for the Soviets and then have the commander passive just affect vehicle build time. Currently the building and vehicle build times are just a huge buff for that commander, even without the fuel changes.

Edit: NB, purchased vet at the price it's at at the moment feels pretty weird to me too. Not buying the new commanders, so can't really test it.

It might fix the armor problem, but the ability is also tied to the fast building too. Doing that would make that ability pretty useless.
13 Nov 2013, 06:34 AM

You can beat this commander if the opponent isnt skilled enough to get the T70 quickly.

It's balanced.
13 Nov 2013, 06:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 06:07 AMBlovski

QFT +1
13 Nov 2013, 06:36 AM

It's too early to make any judgement one way or the other. Clearly the 4 minute T70 is really strong, but that 80mp a minute that you lose is huge.
13 Nov 2013, 06:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 06:36 AMDanielD
It's too early to make any judgement one way or the other. Clearly the 4 minute T70 is really strong, but that 80mp a minute that you lose is huge.

I agree, but it's 60 mp loss.
13 Nov 2013, 06:50 AM

Another thing to consider is t3 units can cap at vet 1 so if you keep your early tanks alive they basically become like another inf unit but much stronger. So not having a lot of inf early really doesn't affect you that much particularly because all you need to hold are vps and a few points.

It basically is a commander that says who needs map control I can tech faster without it.
13 Nov 2013, 09:31 AM

PPl are complaining about 1 option of a doc but ger are OP deal with it. I guess you'll survive.
Maybe you guys want to talk about the possibility to get vet units just by paying? JESUS....
13 Nov 2013, 09:43 AM
Benefactor 115

it has been tested on the balance server so it must be balanced!!
right??
13 Nov 2013, 10:26 AM

Powerful as it is doesnt compare to the power the massive resource income supply drop from the Luftwaffe doctrine
13 Nov 2013, 10:39 AM

Lol 4 minute T-70. What part of Game killing don't ppl get -_-

Seriously, light armour that early....

BB infantry wars I guess...
13 Nov 2013, 10:47 AM
Benefactor 115

an early T70 will get addressed eventually and won't help boost your few infantry squads, I am more worried about an early T4 actually:
early su76 deals with grens/mgs +
early katyusha deals with paks, shrecks
you might be forced to shell out for a shameful stug <444>_<444>

it's really clear that the path Relic has taken to get this units back into the meta (ie add Variety to the game) is by forcing you to use certain (paid) commanders
13 Nov 2013, 13:33 PM

Staghound MG never reloads anymore, I demand a quick fix now!! Oh wait...
You are gaining more ranks in trolling skills. Someday you will find honourable place in Cohexperts pantheon ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★