Login

russian armor

Worldbuilder just crashes instead of starting up.

18 Nov 2013, 03:41 AM

Maybe relic forgot to change the correct path like they did with the steam version.

Make a folder or folders under the following and try loading it from that folder
"Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes\ww2\Data\Scenarios\MP"

already tried this. ive been trying to save in the same folders ive been using successfully for about a month now. it just stopped working all of a sudden (only for me it seems) with the last patch. i was using the beta world builder before, even that has stopped working now. i dont understand why both of them would stop working, since the beta version is a completely seperate download. thanks anyway though.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 03:23 AMWiFiDi

also you have to meet requirements to save it. (the ones onkelsam mentions in his tutorial video. 1 of each points, a spawn, a hq base, and territory.

the maps have all of those. if those were the problem, it would tell me what im missing on my maps. this is telling me im saving in the wrong folder (even though im saving where i always have been). i get this error even when i open one of relic maps and try to save it, even when i make no changes to it, so its not a problem with the map itself.
20 Nov 2013, 14:55 PM

Maybe relic forgot to change the correct path like they did with the steam version.

Make a folder or folders under the following and try loading it from that folder
"Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes\ww2\Data\Scenarios\MP"

already tried this. ive been trying to save in the same folders ive been using successfully for about a month now. it just stopped working all of a sudden (only for me it seems) with the last patch. i was using the beta world builder before, even that has stopped working now. i dont understand why both of them would stop working, since the beta version is a completely seperate download. thanks anyway though.

Are you using a retail or Steam version?
Because my path is different (Steam-Version).
I have:
To save my Worldbuilder files (.SGB):
YOUR PATH TO STEAM\Steamapps\Common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\

you dun have to save under mp, scenarios is enough (I made my own folder and named it custom, because I extracted the standard maps inside there).

To save the playable maps (.sga):
C:\Users\YOUR PROFILE\Documents*\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios\

*maybe without Documents, but I linked mine inside there
20 Nov 2013, 17:14 PM

i bought coh2 on steam and i have been using the same folders as you.

robotnik was referring to the coh1 steam version im pretty sure. while trying to find a fix for this game, i found out they had a similar issue when that steam version launched and that was how you fixed it.
20 Nov 2013, 20:09 PM

Have you tried running the WB's as admin after the patch?
Maybe they somehow lost the right to save there.
Just a thought popping in mind.
20 Nov 2013, 20:33 PM

yep. ive tried that too. still the same error, thanks for the ideas though. this is so frustrating haha. i see everyone coming out with cool maps and i just want to start making maps again :(
21 Nov 2013, 22:00 PM

I really wish I had some ideas that hadn't been suggested already. I still don't quite get why mine started to work considering I had to completely scorch the earth and start completely fresh with everything, hard-drive windows, steam, and game.

I wonder if there's some glitch, maybe in the registry, that concerns the worldbuilder because you've undergone multiple incarnations and versions? (Since you've had the betas?) Maybe something is getting confused in there.

22 Nov 2013, 00:47 AM

the strange thing is, i have friends that are also in beta who can still use the wb without any problems. onkelsam is now having the same problem as me though. so it seems to only affect some of us. ive mentioned this problem to eagleheart though. he said hes talked with he programmers an he wouldd get back to me. hopefully they find some fix we can do, or maybe just fix it next patch. ill post anything i hear in this thread.
22 Nov 2013, 01:02 AM
Honorary Member Badge

let the process of elimination begin.
29 Aug 2015, 04:05 AM

Hello. i have run into a problem like this except with the new steam version of COH 1 i sort of got it to start by going therough all the files and what not to find it in the COH file but all i got was a grey screen and a small window called a "Debug screen" and that was it and i could not do anything else so i took the world builder and put it on the desktop and it says that i do not have something called BugSplat.dll what is bugsplat.dll? and it also says to try and reinstalling the program but i do not know how. i do not know if this is relavant but i am in the process of trying to get my computer fixed because it has little to know ability to run anything with graphics and i know it is either the graphic card or the power supply. also i still don't know if this is rellavent either but the icon when i moved the world builder is what appears to be a page with the bottom ripped of and says "DOC 1" at the top. i also only have 1 mod for this game and that mod is "the great war 1918" i apologize if this is really long and confuseing i am really knew to this website and trying to use the world builder and i do not know very much about computers beyond how to use desktop shortcuts, surfing the web, and ctrl+alt+delete. plz let me know.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★