Login

russian armor

Question about Modifiers & passive abilities

2 Mar 2020, 22:25 PM

Is it possible to make a passive commander upgrade that changes the 'build time & population upkeep' of specific British buildings, like 17lbs, boforos and mortar pit?

if so how?? I've been trying to do this for ages and idk what im doing wrong.
3 Mar 2020, 10:04 AM
Master Modmaker Badge

Is it possible to make a passive commander upgrade that changes the 'build time & population upkeep' of specific British buildings, like 17lbs, boforos and mortar pit?

if so how?? I've been trying to do this for ages and idk what im doing wrong.

One way to achieve this is to make clones of those units. One unit will require the passive upgrade and the second will not. So the unit that won't require it will be present until the passive will be active. Once the passive is active the unit that requires that upgrade will replace the original one.

And of course, you change the stats that you want to change for the one that will require the upgrade.
4 Mar 2020, 01:39 AM

Lol i feel so dumb now. That solution is soo simple and i didn't even consider it.
Thank you so much! Im sure i can get that to work.
But im not sure if my units have any free build options left inside their Engineer_ext. i think i hit the limit sadly so im still open to other options.

I was trying to make requirement action inside the units Action.ext, that needed the upgrade, then applied population and cost modifiers. but i cant figure-out how to set it up properly so it actually makes changes ingame.
4 Mar 2020, 10:47 AM
Master Modmaker Badge

Lol i feel so dumb now. That solution is soo simple and i didn't even consider it.
Thank you so much! Im sure i can get that to work.
But im not sure if my units have any free build options left inside their Engineer_ext. i think i hit the limit sadly so im still open to other options.

I was trying to make requirement action inside the units Action.ext, that needed the upgrade, then applied population and cost modifiers. but i cant figure-out how to set it up properly so it actually makes changes ingame.

In that case you can use cost_<resource>_modifier and entity_popcap_modifier to do that. I tested these and they work just fine.
5 Mar 2020, 07:37 AM

See i thought their was a way to do it like that, but i cant seem to get it working.
Does that go in in the units EBPS, or SBPS?
Or do i make some kinda hidden upgrade??

Im not sure what im doing wrong.
I made a short video so you can see what ive got, maybe you can pause it and look it over then point out what im doing wrong.
https://youtu.be/SMV-EddgL6Q

Cuz sadly the way i have it now, it has zero effect ingame.
5 Mar 2020, 11:05 AM
Master Modmaker Badge

See i thought their was a way to do it like that, but i cant seem to get it working.
Does that go in in the units EBPS, or SBPS?
Or do i make some kinda hidden upgrade??

Im not sure what im doing wrong.
I made a short video so you can see what ive got, maybe you can pause it and look it over then point out what im doing wrong.
https://youtu.be/SMV-EddgL6Q

Cuz sadly the way i have it now, it has zero effect ingame.

When you created this post you said you want to make a passive ability that would apply these abilities right?

So what you can do is have that passive ability add a player upgrade that will have the modifiers in the actions section of the upgrade.

Your approach is good but in the wrong file so just remove the requirement action and move the modifiers to an upgrade instead. And after this, you should have your passive working as intended.
5 Mar 2020, 12:18 PM

do you have a discord or something?

I tried to set it up the way you said, but i dont have much experience with making this kinda complex action, and nothing i do works. Im going to need a step by step on this. All i have to do is get 1 of these working, then i can apply the same method to a ton of units once i learn how to do this.

I do appreciate the help thus far. thank you.

I should be as clear as possible.
What im trying to do is make the British 'defensive operations commander ability passive' automatically trigger a buff that makes "Emplacements build 25% faster and have 20% reduced upkeep costs."

I had assumed "incorrectly it seems" that i would need to apply this shadow upgrade to the units/buildings i wanted it to affect via a requirement action.
But this doesnt work, Now im making an upgrade?? how do i make this upgrade point to the units that are suppose to have this effect? im lost now.... =(

How did you get this working in your test?
5 Mar 2020, 13:13 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

do you have a discord or something?

I tried to set it up the way you said, but i dont have much experience with making this kinda complex action, and nothing i do works. Im going to need a step by step on this. All i have to do is get 1 of these working, then i can apply the same method to a ton of units once i learn how to do this.

I do appreciate the help thus far. thank you.

I should be as clear as possible.
What im trying to do is make the British 'defensive operations commander ability passive' automatically trigger a buff that makes "Emplacements build 25% faster and have 20% reduced upkeep costs."

I had assumed "incorrectly it seems" that i would need to apply this shadow upgrade to the units/buildings i wanted it to affect via a requirement action.
But this doesnt work, Now im making an upgrade?? how do i make this upgrade point to the units that are suppose to have this effect? im lost now.... =(

How did you get this working in your test?

Yes, I have a Discord (Ragnar#1517) you can contact me there if you want.

Well, upgrade is one of the ways to approach it. I just think it is easy to work with upgrades.

You have actually already liked the entity that the modifier should be applied to with the target_type_name. The one thing you are doing wrong is where you are applying the modifiers. You try to apply the modifier on the already build entity so the build time will be redundant. That is why I told you to apply the modifiers by the upgrade that will be added when the passive is ready/unlocked.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★