russian armor

Mako Celo

PAGES (9)down
21 Feb 2021, 00:00 AM

VERSION 4.44 BETA RELEASED

https://github.com/RosboneMako/MakoCelo/blob/master/MakoCelo_444_Web_Beta.zip

CHANGES:
  • Fixed long steam name bug.

I waited for a bit to see more bugs. No bugs were found. You know how it works. As soon as it is released you find more bugs.
23 Feb 2021, 16:24 PM

I am so sick of this program and it's maker! For what do I pay nothing for this???

Jk, but I think, I found another bug. Celo always puts in an image into saved designs, after you used one with an image. So if you load a new design, it puts in the image of the last one.
23 Feb 2021, 18:46 PM

VERSION 4.45 BETA RELEASED

https://github.com/RosboneMako/MakoCelo/blob/master/MakoCelo_445_Web_Beta.zip

CHANGES:
  • Optimized web calls.
  • 64-bit Compile.
  • Added Country Flags.

23 Feb 2021, 18:47 PM

I am so sick of this program and it's maker! For what do I pay nothing for this???

Jk, but I think, I found another bug. Celo always puts in an image into saved designs, after you used one with an image. So if you load a new design, it puts in the image of the last one.

:lolol:

I have not been able to recreate this. I will keep looking.
23 Feb 2021, 19:15 PM
23 Feb 2021, 21:20 PM

That's the case:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCOby9YP2Ok

Awesome! I will look into it!
4 Mar 2021, 23:24 PM

VERSION 4.46 BETA RELEASED

https://github.com/RosboneMako/MakoCelo/blob/master/MakoCelo_446_Web_Beta.zip

CHANGES:
  • Stats panel image bug fix(Lemmiwinks).
  • Finished country flag code for centered layouts.
  • Added Country flag and name to player card.
  • Updated the ABOUT page help text to show new version.
  • Normalized team readouts: 43. or P. or 0.

There are still several small changes that need to be made to clean up the BORDER options code when using rounded corners.

Adding the Country name to the player card is great for learning the flags (although they are tiny). every match is like using Flash Cards.
4 Mar 2021, 23:41 PM

Awesome! Had this page open the last 3 days to wait for a new version. :D Thank you <444>3
5 Mar 2021, 03:37 AM

Awesome! Had this page open the last 3 days to wait for a new version. :D Thank you <444>3

Sorry, with the state the game has been in, I have lost all motivation to work on this. Feels like a huge waste of time.

But the last patch gave me some hope, so I drug it open again :loco:
5 Mar 2021, 08:58 AM

Hey @Rosbone is there any way i can help ?
i am c# .Net Developer for several years and if there are some things to do probably i can help.

From things i see "disturbing" me most is that project is still .net framework 3.5 which is very old version

Structure of GitHub repository consists of binaries and zips which does not allow code review and pull request effectively. Its pretty easy to change this and it will be a lot easier to encourage people to work on it.

And My personal note is about visual basic which i don't use at all, and is minority in .net environment. Additionally Microsoft states it's possible it won't have new features as newer version of .net will come so one day it can be dropped. But this my personal view and potential to migrate

5 Mar 2021, 13:01 PM

I could have used you when the 64-bit patch hit and broke everything since I never write any web based code. So the whole JSON data section is a disgusting hack job.

I have never used any GIT stuff so I posted there originally to play around with it. And I needed a trusted place to post and get people access to the source code.

I think I started with VB to make the code easier for people to play with. C# is the best choice if you are going to be a programmer since it is used for web stuff and things like Unity. But VB is the best if you just want to dabble and change a few things. And VB would be hands down the best if Microsoft did not break it and turn it into a rehash of C# to begin with. But MS and their monopoly forced out any competition like Delphi so the consumer gets screwed. Reason #3425 why I hate MS. But that is another story.

Currently the code is compiled as 64-bit .net version 4.7.2. There is not too much left that I plan on doing to it. Just some graphical things I need to fix for the new border code. All FX modes operate on rectangles only right now.

I started playing around with OpenTK so that I could do crazy animation stuff and possibly use hotkeys. But most people do not even use half of the stuff that is already written now. So an OpenGL version seems to really only be for me.

My current goal is to clean up the last FX things then clean up the code and post it. Then you can do what ever you want. Branch off, convert, what ever :)

I will probably then move to the OpenTK/OpenGL version just for the fun of it. Even though no one will ever use it but me.
6 Mar 2021, 22:48 PM

Great work Rosbone, nice job updating it after the patch B-)
8 Mar 2021, 14:38 PM

i am c# .Net Developer for several years and if there are some things to do probably i can help.

From things i see "disturbing" me most is that project is still .net framework 3.5 which is very old version

Structure of GitHub repository consists of binaries and zips which does not allow code review and pull request effectively. Its pretty easy to change this and it will be a lot easier to encourage people to work on it.

And My personal note is about visual basic which i don't use at all, and is minority in .net environment. Additionally Microsoft states it's possible it won't have new features as newer version of .net will come so one day it can be dropped. But this my personal view and potential to migrate

Do you wanna say this program could be even better? :o
However, it`s a great tool, and Rosbone's work can't be honoured enough!

@Rosbone, I bought a new monitor and now Celo flips back into another (the old?) position for some reason, when I load a design. Could the resolution be tthe reason? Design 2 is the only one that goes back into it's usual position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOKTI60hsPI

And another thing, is it possible, to show, which design you're currently using? So if I edit one, but forgot, which number it is, I won't overwrite a wrong one? And even greater would be, if I could scroll through the saved designs with the arrow keys. But that's just an idea, you did more than enough already! <444>3
8 Mar 2021, 18:54 PM

@Rosbone, I bought a new monitor and now Celo flips back into another (the old?) position for some reason, when I load a design.

This happens because I am lazy and made the LOAD/SAVE setup use the same code as the main settings. So the program will load where ever it was when you SAVED the setup.

And another thing, is it possible, to show, which design you're currently using? So if I edit one, but forgot, which number it is, I won't overwrite a wrong one? And even greater would be, if I could scroll through the saved designs with the arrow keys. But that's just an idea, you did more than enough already! <444>3

This is a great idea. Most people do not play with all the options at all. You are probably the only POWER USER for this app :)

EDIT:
NOTE: On many apps I have written I add the current setup to the form title, but this would break OBS. The setup name would have to be on the form itself somewhere.
8 Mar 2021, 20:39 PM

I'd like to suggest an option to show the player's rank as a percentile of the leaderboard, rather than only as a raw number. This would be more informative especially in a Brits vs Wehrmacht match where having a similar rank number actually implies a large difference in skill.

I guess not many people would make use of this feature, but it pops into my mind whenever I see MakoCelo used... so here you go.
8 Mar 2021, 21:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2021, 20:39 PMsuora
I'd like to suggest an option to show the player's rank as a percentile of the leaderboard

This feature was added a few weeks ago. Right around when Relic broke the game.
https://www.coh2.org/topic/103744/mako-celo/post/850139

It takes a little hacking to work and is not very accurate. But I also wanted to see matchups based on population as opposed to some random rank value.

One thing that could be added is a line that automatically averages all the ranks for each team. I get confused looking at a match and trying to see if 5,12.3,18.9, 19.5 is equal to 3.4,7.6, 13.0, 26.8.

And of course teams with no rank will always be a mystery.
8 Mar 2021, 22:09 PM

This feature was added a few weeks ago. Right around when Relic broke the game.
https://www.coh2.org/topic/103744/mako-celo/post/850139

Oh, that's good to know. I must have missed this because I've not played the game much since Relic broke it.
9 Mar 2021, 00:12 AM

This happens because I am lazy and made the LOAD/SAVE setup use the same code as the main settings. So the program will load where ever it was when you SAVED the setup.

This is a great idea. Most people do not play with all the options at all. You are probably the only POWER USER for this app :)

EDIT:
NOTE: On many apps I have written I add the current setup to the form title, but this would break OBS. The setup name would have to be on the form itself somewhere.

Ah, that makes sense, I thought so, because it's only the newest that stays on the bottom. Then I actually could just save all again as a new one and then rename them. That's not a big deal.

I got like 20 different designs and I am sure, I don't even know every feature. And I am very glad, you put in so many nice features, I love it. A good celo design makes half of the stream, I am sure, the viewers are actually mostly in my stream, to only watch the celo. :D
23 Mar 2021, 18:48 PM

VERSION 4.50 BETA RELEASED

https://github.com/RosboneMako/MakoCelo/blob/master/MakoCelo_450_Web_Beta.zip

CHANGES:
  • Added status bar at bottom of form.
  • Current code revision moved to Status bar.
  • Additional help when first running the program (SiberianGT).
  • Current STATS SETUP name placed on status bar(Lemmiwinks).
  • Optimized draws to greatly reduce CPU usage when in AUTOSCAN mode.
  • Finished LABEL BLUR code for rounded corner labels (rank/name).

This code is not fully tested and may still have bugs. Sadly I have deleted the game and have moved on and can no longer test it. I will post the code soon on GitHub and maybe Redgood or someone will branch off and take over.

GGs
Rosbone
26 Mar 2021, 19:10 PM

WOW, that is very sad to read. :( Almost as sad, as when Bud Spencer died.
Thank you very much, for all your work! I really appreciate, what you did for us! I hope, you will come back one day. If you leave the game, because it is too frustrating to play solo, you could play with us. If I can help you in any way, just ask me. :)

<444>3
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 30
Germany 81
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W