Login

russian armor

USF Sherman 76 skin inconsistency

4 Feb 2020, 22:41 PM

Not all skins get applied to the USF Sherman 76mm in Mechanized doctrine. One example in particular is the Valkyria Mauler skin. Ardennes Assault skins do get applied however.
I know the Sherman 76 for USF was introduced at a later date, but seeing how it has a very similar model to the Sherman Easy 8 (only difference being the barrel), I wonder if it's possible to make the two vehicles share skins.
4 Feb 2020, 23:34 PM

Because its soviet lend lease sherman originally, it wasn't intended to be USFs, but it became so when modders introduced new commanders.
5 Feb 2020, 06:29 AM

Because its soviet lend lease sherman originally, it wasn't intended to be USFs, but it became so when modders introduced new commanders.

Yes, I know that part.
I don't know much Coh2 modding or how skins work, and thus I'm wondering if the very similar Easy 8's skin could be shared with the 76 variant and if yes, would that work out properly or would it need adjustments.
Interestingly the Ardennes Assault skins work on them and they even appear to have a different pattern compared to the EZ8 (Dog company skin in particular). Was the 76 present in the campaign? Can't remember.
5 Feb 2020, 07:27 AM

Long story short: Skins are bound to faction the unit originates from and can't be applied to whatever unit if you switch ownership.
5 Feb 2020, 07:30 AM

Long story short: Skins are bound to faction the unit originates from and can't be applied to whatever unit if you switch ownership.

But, as I pointed out, Ardennes Assault reward skins DO work on them for example!
5 Feb 2020, 07:31 AM

But, as I pointed out, Ardennes Assault reward skins DO work on them for example!

Its not the same tank.

Campaign units are separate category with separate stats.

MP 76mm is soviet originally.
5 Feb 2020, 07:33 AM

I'm talking about the skin appearing in auto/custom matches!
(Your are rewarded with the skins from the campaign for beating it.)
(I can provide images later for clarification)

(I'm not even sure if there was a 76 in the campaign or where it was).
5 Feb 2020, 08:25 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Every skinslot in your loadout haveing a number of coded skins, which will be used. M4A3(76)W was in AA campaign, that's why it has all skins from AA. Also, it has historical skins, which were created by players and added to the in-game store.
You can't just apply skin from one vehicle to another, because it's not working in that way, even when models have a lot in common.

Also, it's not the only issue with skins. Here is the list of all inconsistency, which i saw:
Soviet M4A2(76)W - didn't have skins untill 2015-2016
Ostheer SdKfz 234/2 "Puma" - didn't have skins untill 2015-2016
OKW Opel Blitz - doesn't have any skins at all. I suggested to give it panzergrau as default (to be in line with sWS, Tiger and SdKfz 221), but it didn't make it.
OKW Tiger - doesn't have any skins at all, using a panzergrau as default.
OKW SdKfz 221 - doesn't have any skins at all, using a panzergrau as default.
UKF M5 - doesn't have any skins at all.
UKF Achilles I (a.k.a. british M10) - doesn't have any skins at all.

We were trying to push Relic to cooperate with skinmakers, but they decided, that it will require to much work.
5 Feb 2020, 08:39 AM

Snip

Thank you for the detailed answer, much appreciated!

I wonder if it is possible to fill these missing skins for myself while still being auto match compatible. What I mean is that for other players these skins would be still missing, but at least it would appear on my screen. (Unless I upload the skins and the mod team picks them up for official implementation).
(Just a theoretical question, I am yet to look up how to mod skins for coh2)
5 Feb 2020, 08:54 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Thank you for the detailed answer, much appreciated!

I wonder if it is possible to fill these missing skins for myself while still being auto match compatible. What I mean is that for other players these skins would be still missing, but at least it would appear on my screen.

No, you can't. It was possible in vCoH, where skinpacks,soundpacks and etc. were very popular and offered a lot of variants. In CoH 2 you can only make skins for customs, and here is the guides from essence engine wikia:
http://modding.companyofheroes.com/skin-pack-wizard
http://modding.companyofheroes.com/skin-pack

I don't want to give any hopes about implementation to the live, but three years ago there were no chances even for shieldsymbols, icons and portraits, which were not in gamefiles. Now, all changes are supported by UI assets. Even old issues got some touch.

Maybe, if you suggested solid stuff, Relic will change their mind about skins. But i can't guarantee anything for obvious reasons.
5 Feb 2020, 09:15 AM

I see, thank you!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 33
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %