Login

russian armor

Some changes for soviet airborne weapon drops

30 Jan 2020, 20:56 PM

I suggest to try and see how they perform against 60 muni STG Volks. Vet 0 and vet 5 vs vet 3.

60 would be more than fine and i would suggest a different kind of nerf on the ability in order to keep the current damage. Increasing cooldown so it's harder to equip as many units early on despite having the munition to do so.

Yes, I am aware of the fact that svt cons perform well. IMO this is one of the salient features of this commander. Infantry focused. Hence we get 3 dp on air guards and no button ability or anything sort of anti-tank. we get an AT strafe which is quite good when it connects. the thing is volks have stg as a non-doctrinal upgrade. SVT drop is a doctrinal upgrade which exists in only one commander if we exclude dropping svt for our allies. Further, this commander is quite muni starved in the early game. I do 4 v 4 with soviets a lot and lately, I am using this doctrine when I get angry after okw player decides to bum rush with infantry. then I am like. u think u can blob? I will blob bigger. lol. jk

TL; DR SVT drop is a doctrinal ability. it should have some benefit/incentive over regular non-doc ability. also, volks get tech for free. conscripts have to purchase that for fuel and mp. I have no issue with timer increase to delay the early game mass svts.

as for penals I don't quite use them with ppsh because I don't wanna waste fuel on t1 when I know I need to get a zis gun eventually. ppsh penals die and are 30 mp to reinforce. better make air guards with free ppsh.
30 Jan 2020, 21:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yes, I am aware of the fact that svt cons perform well. IMO this is one of the salient features of this commander. Infantry focused. Hence we get 3 dp on air guards and no button ability or anything sort of anti-tank. we get an AT strafe which is quite good when it connects. the thing is volks have stg as a non-doctrinal upgrade. SVT drop is a doctrinal upgrade which exists in only one commander if we exclude dropping svt for our allies. Further, this commander is quite muni starved in the early game. I do 4 v 4 with soviets a lot and lately, I am using this doctrine when I get angry after okw player decides to bum rush with infantry. then I am like. u think u can blob? I will blob bigger. lol. jk

TL; DR SVT drop is a doctrinal ability. it should have some benefit/incentive over regular non-doc ability. also, volks get tech for free. conscripts have to purchase that for fuel and mp. I have no issue with timer increase to delay the early game mass svts.

as for penals I don't quite use them with ppsh because I don't wanna waste fuel on t1 when I know I need to get a zis gun eventually. ppsh penals die and are 30 mp to reinforce. better make air guards with free ppsh.

I don't think that a cheaper squad, with cheaper upgrade, should dominate from vet 0 to vet 3 at all ranges.
To give you an idea, i tested around 6 times per case, vet 0 vs vet 0 and vet 3 vs vet 5 (vet 3 would had been the same) at 0-10-20-30 range in green cover (to reduce RNG and make them all aligned at same range). They only had a 50/50 result at vet 0 at point blank/10 range and like 2/10 at vet 3 at 0 range. Cons never lost in any other result.

If the upgrade is worth, it should be priced at a reasonable level. Even at 60 muni, it wouldn't remove the fact that they would still dominate Volks while been cheaper.
Which is why i suggest a different approach in the nerf. Instead of having an early/middle power spike by been able to upgrade several units in a short time frame, the drop could take longer to cooldown.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★