Login

russian armor

Heavy tank rush

21 Jan 2020, 11:42 AM

Now I don't remember how it was last year since I played for like 100h and stopped for half a year. But now it seems that heavy tanks are comming out a lot sooner in game.

Like 16min-18min soon. I don't think that you should be able to pull out a crocodile and steamroll your opponent in 18min where his army is mostly inf or pak guns that get melted in seconds. I don't think that you should get a tiger or IS2 in 16-18min either. That should be the time where mediums roam the field not a heavy tank.

When you get a Tiger or Crocodile or is2 you are bound to get a firefly or cromvel or pz4 or t34/76/85 in a few minutes because your opponent is hurting bad at that point. This forces you to play commanders that have heavy tanks at 9/10 points because all other commanders will get crushed in the early heavy game. OFC you can say just zone them with AT (doesn't really work with crocodile) or deny map controll but cmon we all know that even if you deny it it just means that instead of 18min tiger it will be a 20min one instead.

Idk how it is in 1v1 since I don't play it, but 2v2 and up it is heavy rush every single game. You just know to expect a tiger as their first tank.

I reccomend that they get moved to 12 points for call in. ISU can stay at 14, but i don't think that IL2 strikes that cost 180 ammo have a right to be 12 but a tiger or crocodile to be at 9 points to call in.
21 Jan 2020, 11:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2020, 11:42 AMMusmula
Now I don't remember how it was last year since I played for like 100h and stopped for half a year. But now it seems that heavy tanks are comming out a lot sooner in game.

Like 16min-18min soon. I don't think that you should be able to pull out a crocodile and steamroll your opponent in 18min where his army is mostly inf or pak guns that get melted in seconds. I don't think that you should get a tiger or IS2 in 16-18min either. That should be the time where mediums roam the field not a heavy tank.

When you get a Tiger or Crocodile or is2 you are bound to get a firefly or cromvel or pz4 or t34/76/85 in a few minutes because your opponent is hurting bad at that point. This forces you to play commanders that have heavy tanks at 9/10 points because all other commanders will get crushed in the early heavy game. OFC you can say just zone them with AT (doesn't really work with crocodile) or deny map controll but cmon we all know that even if you deny it it just means that instead of 18min tiger it will be a 20min one instead.

Idk how it is in 1v1 since I don't play it, but 2v2 and up it is heavy rush every single game. You just know to expect a tiger as their first tank.

I reccomend that they get moved to 12 points for call in. ISU can stay at 14, but i don't think that IL2 strikes that cost 180 ammo have a right to be 12 but a tiger or crocodile to be at 9 points to call in.

Yes they were changed from no-tech requirements and 13 CP (except for Command Panther 11 CP) to 9 CP(10 for IS2) but requiring tech. They also got a AOE adjustment which was supposed to make them more reliable but less able to randomly wipe units. As it turned out they wipe even more than before now so heavy tanks have just become too good compared to medium tanks and in the case of Axis Panther and Brummbär.

Before you had multiple LVs into heavy tank cancer which was very annoying to play against too. Maybe one day the balance team will get the heavy tanks right, we can only hope for the best as no news has been leaked recently regarding a new balance patch.
21 Jan 2020, 12:23 PM

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198254479932

The guy “recommending” core gameplay changes.
21 Jan 2020, 12:39 PM

He's not exactly wrong though is he?
21 Jan 2020, 12:39 PM

OK? That is more than one logical fallacy btw. If you think Crocodile in 16min is fine and dandy that is your personal problem :) Rendering the game to 70% heavy rush will burn it out fast.
21 Jan 2020, 12:46 PM

He's not exactly wrong though is he?

I’d rather see a thread on this made by you with some interesting and well informed suggestions than from someone who’s only played 200 allied 2v2s with his friend and no automatch.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2020, 12:39 PMMusmula

OK? That is more than one logical fallacy btw. If you think Crocodile in 16min is fine and dandy that is your personal problem :) Rendering the game to 70% heavy rush will burn it out fast.

If I bought Starcraft 2 and played it for the first time in my life for a couple hundred games vs low level players trust me I wouldn’t be on the forums making balance suggestions.

Also @OP if you have trouble with the 20min Tiger try the combo of Firefly and command AEC. FF gets a great rof bonus and AEC can stun the Tiger. You can butcher enemy heavies like that and if you go Royal Engineer Regiment you can bring in an AVRE for lots of wipes on support weapons.
21 Jan 2020, 13:00 PM

I’d rather see a thread on this made by you with some interesting and well informed suggestions than from someone who’s only played 200 allied 2v2s with his friend and no automatch.

If I bought Starcraft 2 and played it for the first time in my life for a couple hundred games vs low level players trust me I wouldn’t be on the forums making balance suggestions.

Also @OP if you have trouble with the 20min Tiger try the combo of Firefly and command AEC. FF gets a great rof bonus and AEC can stun the Tiger. You can butcher enemy heavies like that and if you go Royal Engineer Regiment you can bring in an AVRE for lots of wipes on support weapons.

Man I loved starcraft too.
But I don't think you got my point. I don't have a problem stopping or killing them. I just think that you can't make bigger errors because then tanks crush you. Ofc you can zone or kill a heavy tank. I have a problem in forcing players to play like 10 commanders out of all of them acress all factions. Make other commanders playable. I keep seeing like 7 commanders played by the axis at best. Same for allies. How many commanders do you use? Could it be that the other 90% are completely useless? Seems so to me. I may be new to this game but I am certanly not new to RTS games and competitive RTS games at that. And I also used to be diamond in SC2 now that you mentioned it. And heavy tanks in 16min is not normal. Especially the crocodile since (imo) it is the strongest you can get for 230 fuel.

And again, telling a player who agrees with me to make the same post as me just because of play time is still a logical fallacy.

A cripple can be right about athletics even if he never stood on his legs for 1 day in his life.
21 Jan 2020, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2020, 13:00 PMMusmula

Man I loved starcraft too.
But I don't think you got my point. I don't have a problem stopping or killing them. I just think that you can't make bigger errors because then tanks crush you. Ofc you can zone or kill a heavy tank. I have a problem in forcing players to play like 10 commanders out of all of them acress all factions. Make other commanders playable. I keep seeing like 7 commanders played by the axis at best. Same for allies. How many commanders do you use? Could it be that the other 90% are completely useless? Seems so to me. I may be new to this game but I am certanly not new to RTS games and competitive RTS games at that. And I also used to be diamond in SC2 now that you mentioned it. And heavy tanks in 16min is not normal. Especially the crocodile since (imo) it is the strongest you can get for 230 fuel.

And again, telling a player who agrees with me to make the same post as me just because of play time is still a logical fallacy.

A cripple can be right about athletics even if he never stood on his legs for 1 day in his life.

It’s not that you’re wrong about this, it’s that it’s better if players with limited experience don’t create topics because balance is quite nuanced and most often their issues are L2P ones.

Case of point codguy and ritter infecting coh2 balance with their “topics”.

On topic though, Heavies can crush you but you can end a game by quickly killing your opponent’s heavy. A well placed mine can make a Tiger into a sitting duck for your AEC/FF/Cromwell to chase and kill. Plus your 6pounder is a really good AT gun that can reliably chip away at a Tiger’s armour. Try to have good positioning and keep sappers in front of your AT guns for snares and mines.
21 Jan 2020, 13:09 PM

It’s not that you’re wrong about this, it’s that it’s better if players with limited experience don’t create topics because balance is quite nuanced and most often their issues are L2P ones.

Case of point codguy and ritter infecting coh2 balance with their “topics”.

On topic though, Heavies can crush you but you can end a game by quickly killing your opponent’s heavy. A well placed mine can make a Tiger into a sitting duck for your AEC/FF/Cromwell to chase and kill. Plus your 6pounder is a really good AT gun that can reliably chip away at a Tiger’s armour. Try to have good positioning and keep sappers in front of your AT guns for snares and mines.

Ah yeah I guess that is a good point. I heard that a seperate team balacnes this game? Are they players or some company?

And yeah I learned to lure the tiger in for an ''easy wipe'' to step on a mine. But idk kinda renders some other commanders bad because heavy tanks are so usefull and you can get them early. With good micro your heavy can really bleed manpower.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★