Login

russian armor

New construction order in HQs?

3 Jan 2020, 03:21 AM

Hello. I'm starting to make a mod there, but I can't change the order of upgrades and soldiers at the beginning of construction in HQ by AI.
For example, I want western german SWS truck to be built in the second or third position in the build order of the HQ, but I can't modify the build order in ia economy and SWS is always available in last position. I have already tried to change the priority, but I was unsuccessful and need help. Thx.
3 Jan 2020, 14:54 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The position of units in a structure is located in the 'ebps' category. Select the hq, then in spawner_ext/spawn_items/1. spawn_item/ui_position.
Position 21 means: row 2 and colomn 1. 11 is top left, 34 in bottom right.

Upgrades have their own position. In the category 'upgrade', in your upgrade/ui_position.

Upgrades which are located in the 3x4 grid have 'ui_group' set to 'command_panel'. Then the 'ui_position' means row/column. The ui_group 'unit_upgrade_panel' means the upgrade is positioned left of the 3x4 grid. The ui_position then means the priority, ordered from low to high.
3 Jan 2020, 20:42 PM

Thanks for the help, but like I was wondering how to make a higher priority to get SWS out first in the build order of the HQ similar to what happens to the British who first do UPGRADES and then send units to the battlefield.
4 Jan 2020, 09:57 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

oh sorry, I misunderstood your question.

Those priorities can be set in ai_economy\complete\default. Add the units to the 'squads' list. All units which are not present in that list use the default 'default_squad_utility'. The utility value is the priority.

Global upgrades have similar lists 'player_upgrades' and 'default_player_upgrade_utility'.
4 Jan 2020, 16:16 PM

I tried to set a much higher priority to try to make SWS squad be manufactured first, but AI always makes several soldiers before creating the first SWS.
Also I have a problem with FLAK placement because it is created several times in a row by engineers even with very low priority valor and this makes the AI overall evolution slower.
5 Jan 2020, 00:43 AM

The ai is stupid I don’t think you can do much to help it, judging by how it currently behaves
5 Jan 2020, 12:06 PM

Really I think it's some code flaw in AI, but I would like suggestions to work around the problem. I tried to create a new sbps, but was unsuccessful.
5 Jan 2020, 15:16 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The AI often drives me crazy, but I have a workaround to influence them a little. I added 1 upgrade to all 5 HQ's. That upgrade has position -1 (invisble) and no hotkey. I added the upgrade to the economy which utility 1000. It is called 'is_ai'. The AI normally buys it within 1 minute in the match.

This upgrade can be used to lock units for example (requires NOT: player upgrade). Or to limit them to one or two on the field. A human player will not be able to buy this upgrade.
5 Jan 2020, 15:43 PM

The AI often drives me crazy, but I have a workaround to influence them a little. I added 1 upgrade to all 5 HQ's. That upgrade has position -1 (invisble) and no hotkey. I added the upgrade to the economy which utility 1000. It is called 'is_ai'. The AI normally buys it within 1 minute in the match.

This upgrade can be used to lock units for example (requires NOT: player upgrade). Or to limit them to one or two on the field. A human player will not be able to buy this upgrade.

I can't do one new upgrade alone. Could you send some prints for me to try to do the same?
5 Jan 2020, 16:00 PM
5 Jan 2020, 16:34 PM

How do I make this upgrade limit the number of flaks in hq?
5 Jan 2020, 16:34 PM

How do I make this upgrade limit the number of flaks in hq?
5 Jan 2020, 17:59 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

In the sbps of the flak:

5 Jan 2020, 18:05 PM

Awesome!thank you my friend.Do you have any ideas for getting SWS out first?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight