Login

russian armor

German Sniper

9 Nov 2013, 00:51 AM

I have recently encountered a lot of grenspam builds followed by a sniper.
My question is; how do you kill that sturdy bastard?!

No matter what I try he always escapes unless I demolish the whole enemy base...

9 Nov 2013, 21:58 PM

Tanks,artillery,indirect fire(mortars) work 90% of the time
Or:
Wait for him at a corner and then BAM,mafia style :))
Oh and try this with Shock Troops,Conscripts more likely will miss every shot as pro as they are(at drinking vodka)
9 Nov 2013, 22:13 PM

yeah german snipers are so powerful and annoying to soviet players if the guy is halfway decent at keeping him alive. i find the best thing to counter them is the Zis gun. Its good since it has the barrage ability which has a decent range and will kill sniper in probably one of the first shots. Mortars are decent too especially the heavy mortar but they are hit or miss (literally) and usually take a good while to kill the sniper. Also any vehicle ofcourse.
9 Nov 2013, 23:12 PM

yeah zis barrage and clown car flanking are the best way to kill the sniper(if your opponent is retarded)
people that tells you to counter german snipers with a tank or mortars are only trolling you
the only counter to sniper is luck
9 Nov 2013, 23:57 PM

You do not counter snipers. If you kill them it`s either luck (i.e. mortar) or due to mismicro of your opponent.

Or if you play soviets get a sniper of your own and countersnipe. Do not reveal your sniper before killing the enemy`s (use hold fire). Also be careful when the german sniper hits vet 1, as his vet 1 ability is really good for killing soviet snipers.
10 Nov 2013, 10:26 AM

Try to sneak a shock or flame squad to its retreat path, then try to make him retreat by rushing him, or pushing a T70 in his direction.
10 Nov 2013, 13:23 PM

Thanks for the advice! Gonna try some of that in my next matches.

Countersniping is a pain due to the way the soviet camo works. They constantly reveal themselfes by popping out of cover unintendedly...

It's also hard to get in range since there always are some grens between your and the enemy's sniper. Gotta be damn careful not to get wiped by those.

Most succes I had by just ignoring him and land a lucky kill eventually.
10 Nov 2013, 19:17 PM

I have recently encountered a lot of grenspam builds followed by a sniper.
My question is; how do you kill that sturdy bastard?!

No matter what I try he always escapes unless I demolish the whole enemy base...

Keep charging him with conscripts, he will kill one or two models, but at least he won't be present on the battlefield all the time.
Once you get to T3 - T70 will be the last thing he saw in his life. If you go T4, just simply Kathusha his ass.
10 Nov 2013, 23:59 PM

The german sniper has about the same survival chance against small arms fire as the soviet sniper team.

The high armor value of the german sniper means that statistically his survival is very RNG dependent (yeah!).
So he can die from the first volley of an engineer squad at long range as well as survive retreating right through 2 conscript squads - if RNG wills it.
... resulting in occasional bouts of rage on both sides :)

Attempt at a 'short' summary:

T70
Easily the most effective counter. Impossibly high accuracy even against retreating units.
Just be wary of fausts and bide your time for a good flank.

Scout car
Even without a unit inside it has about the same AI as the german 221. If it gains vet it can easily blitz a sniper unless fausted (bide your time and flank).

Mortars (especially the 120mm)
Killing the german sniper by barraging his suspected position is feasible and yet requires luck (less so with the 120mm due to the mortars range and large AoE).
Not a hard counter - but will force some retreats and will put a constant mirco drain on your opponent possibly forcing mirco mistakes on other units.

ZIS Barrage
The ZIS Barrage is deadly as it fires instantly and has very little air time. Best used defensively.

Artillery (Howitzers and Katjuscha)
Basically the same as the mortars - much higher chance of success though.

Mines
If a german sniper triggers one he's dead. Even a lot of good players get to cocky and trigger one of these :)
Seriously, they almost always pay off even if there is no sniper on the field.

Countersniping
Get your own sniper team and try to lure the german sniper into range while cloaked. As you stated hard to pull off and needs quite a bit of planning but works like a charm.
Even if the attempt fails the german player will get more cautious (and paranoid) about his sniper thus reducing the MP drain inflicted to your army.

Consrips Orahh! bumrush
This will not kill the german sniper unless your opponent fucks up.
However, it will force a retreat if you bumrush him - not bad for 10 munis. Just do not run straight into PGrens or LMG grens while charging.

Flank and force retreat
Position a squad in the snipers retreat path (Orahh! helps just remember: Consrips who Orahh! do not fire while moving!)
Force the german sniper to retreat (...somehow)
Easy, right :)
/irony
11 Nov 2013, 10:01 AM
Honorary Member Badge

i think the snipers still need a rework even after the change from vcoh that was made because right now they feel very very limited. to many counters not very effective at killing troops.
11 Nov 2013, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2013, 23:59 PMMadok
The german sniper has about the same survival chance against small arms fire as the soviet sniper team.

The high armor value of the german sniper means that statistically his survival is very RNG dependent (yeah!).
So he can die from the first volley of an engineer squad at long range as well as survive retreating right through 2 conscript squads - if RNG wills it.
... resulting in occasional bouts of rage on both sides :)

Ahh, that explains a lot. I wondered how the armor value influences his survivability.

Thanks for the advice!

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2013, 10:01 AMWiFiDi
i think the snipers still need a rework even after the change from vcoh that was made because right now they feel very very limited. to many counters not very effective at killing troops.

Are you talking about snipers in general or just the german one?

11 Nov 2013, 12:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Are you talking about snipers in general or just the german one?

snipers in general.
11 Nov 2013, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2013, 12:26 PMWiFiDi

snipers in general.

So what do you think should be altered to make them fit better into the game?
12 Nov 2013, 11:37 AM
Honorary Member Badge

don't have a full thought yet get back to you when i do.
12 Nov 2013, 11:47 AM
Benefactor 115

I love snipers in this game, I find them perfect because:
- they do a lot of damage when uncountered
- they die when they deserve to (well countered or mismicroed)
- nobody builds snipers to counter snipers
12 Nov 2013, 15:46 PM

I haven't used them often enough yet to make a judgement about their effective- and uselfulness.

The only thing I for sure know, is that I prefer the way snipers are in CoH 2 compared to how they were in vCoH.
12 Nov 2013, 18:03 PM

Maximum aggression: Gren-Gren-Sniper. They fire so quickly thatit becomes very costly to soviet mp.
12 Nov 2013, 19:33 PM

Maximum aggression: Gren-Gren-Sniper. They fire so quickly thatit becomes very costly to soviet mp.

Yeah noticed that from the recieving end.
13 Nov 2013, 18:36 PM

Snipers are core to my play. I always have 1-2 snipers binded. They are essential for maintaining visual and spotting.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★