Master Mapmaker Badge

Discussion for automatch map Lost Glider
A_E
19 Dec 2019, 21:59 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2019, 15:33 PMTric
Discussion for automatch map Lost Glider

Can't stand this map, it's got the biggest case of true sight related North/South issues ever.

South has a huge advantage and North feels like you're just there to lose.
MMX
20 Dec 2019, 02:54 AM

i've recently come back to the game from a longer (~1.5 years) hiatus and used to dislike the map alot back then. however, after giving it kind of a fresh start (no vetos) and a handful of games on lost glider, i'd say the map is not as bad as many people make it to be and i actually enjoy playing it. i agree the north spawn is on a disadvantage, especially if you lose control over the central church it feels more difficult to regain control over the middle than as if you start south. the abundance of high health buildings is always a problem for those factions who only got access to reliable anti-garrison tools via doctrines, but the same could be said for other maps and is probably more of a faction design than map design issue.
i also like the fact you can easily break up the compartmentalization of the middle section by tearing down the walls to transform the map into a more open battlefield if needed, which is a lot harder or even impossible on other maps.
lastly, there seems to be a part of the hedge near the western entrance to the north spawn that looks like a shot/sight blocker, yet allows the base mg to fire through. not sure if this is a bug or intended?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★