Login

russian armor

Number weapon shots during camouflage

17 Dec 2019, 12:31 PM
Modmaker Badge

Hi community: I am working in my mod around the sniper. I wanted to mod a sniper who can shot more than once in camo without losing his camouflage.
What I did so far:

1. In the camo ext: I increase to x3 "first_strike_shots"
(Number of shots fired before getting revealed. Unit will receive first strike bonuses for this number of shots unless they are revealed. After firing, the unit must wiat first_strike_reset_time until it can take another batch of first_strike shots.)
I did this with my sniper and with vanilla snipers but the result it always the same. Only one shot in camo and the unit reveal itself.

2. I clean my sniper weapon ext in the value: fire/on_fire_action (just in case)

I also checked some vanilla weapons like american 57mm AT gun. I saw in there the weapon increase the number of shot in camo during first strike action with a burst action. But I can not find in the vanilla elements something to help me with my actual dilema.
Maybe I am missing something and maybe someone here know how to point me in the correct direction.

Thank you like always
Olhausen

17 Dec 2019, 13:50 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think to issue is caused from the camouflage ability. The camouflage is always enabled, but it will be removed in a few cases: Not being in cover or not in combat since x seconds. The last one is probably what causes your sniper to reveal himself after one shot.
17 Dec 2019, 14:36 PM
Modmaker Badge

Hi mate, thank you for the quick answer.
Yes I was experimenting a lot this morning and it was like you say. My ability was the problem.
In my ability I have a requirement action. This action remove camo after unit enter in combat.
I just remove this and replace for a camo enable only and its works.

I am now trying to give the sniper a silenced sound. I already tried in the past with the MP40 and I fail. Maybe this time it could be possible with your support if you want to give me a hand.

Maybe it is possible to add in the fire action of the weapon a sten fx or something like that. I ask you because you did a great work with the Hetzer shot and maybe it is possible to do something similar with the sniper here.

Best regards
Olhausen
17 Dec 2019, 15:13 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This is possible for a single rifle shot, but I'm not sure if it will work on a burst from the mp40.

Create an entity with the Sten gun model. (Weapons are invisible on default).
Add 'spawn_entity' in your weapon in on_fire_actions with a duration of 1 sec. And 'permanent' to false.
Then add in the spawned_entity_actions:
animator_set_action,
action_name: audio_act_sten_suppressed_fire
fire and forget: true

You might need turn up your volume when testing ;)
17 Dec 2019, 15:15 PM
Modmaker Badge

Great !
I will work on it. I will give you my feedback soon ;)

EDITED OLHAUSEN:

I think I got it. I modded the spawn entity and add it to the fire extension of the sniper rifle like you told me. I have some questions and dubts maybe you could give me a hand on them.

1. The spawn entity that I use is a simple binocular and I made it invisible in game via ebps blue print (is visible: false)
2. I did not find the blue print name of the silenced sten on the database of the archives, that why I use the binoculars instead.
3. I removed the sound of my mosin nagant rifle replacing in the weapon animation table: variaty_name: "supressor"

Then I build and test. I need to increase a lot the volume and it is working.
A few questiong to improve more the work:

1. Is ok the use the binos and hide the element or I need the sten gun. If the answer is yes then could you tell me where are the small weapon blueprints located in the archives and one example with the sten silenced. I think in a future I will try to do all small weapons dropables.
Btw, the only small arm that I know the blue print name is the MP44 because it is present in the vanilla elements.

"gameplay\props\axis_mp44\axis_mp44"

2. Is ok how I did to remove the mosin nagan rifle sound ? Do you have another approach for that ?

Thanks again to guide me all the way here.
Best regards
Olhausen

17 Dec 2019, 20:45 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The binoculair is perfect, though I didn't know that it included that audio.

The prop is a different model then the weapon. The weapons can be found with the archive viewer. For example: armies/british/weapons... I will add the path for the sten soon.

Changing the variety_name is very well thought.

Edit:
The path for the sten: art\armies\british\weapons\smg_mk2_sten\smg_mk2_sten
This can be found in the archive viewer, in the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Archives\ArtBritish.sga.
17 Dec 2019, 22:37 PM
Modmaker Badge

Hi mate again. Now I put the correct blue print. I will do more test looking for a better result. I will write you soon. Thanks again !
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★