Login

russian armor

Soviets adjustments

• This thread is locked
6 Dec 2019, 20:20 PM

Sovs need an urgent downgrade. They currently have too much firepower, penetration and endurance.

I do not intend to make a thread of anger, just one to help improve the game and balance it a little better.

My proposals are:

1- Remove the improvement of the 7men Cons squad completely. The entire community is asking 5men squad for the Grens. Why do they turn a deaf ear and do the opposite and give a 7men squad to the Cons?

2- Reduce the health of T34 / 85 to 4 shots. All other medium tanks need 4 shots to be destroyed. Why this 5? It's like giving P4 Ausf J the same characteristic.

3- Reduce the wiping power of the T70. Set the same ROF of the other light tanks, like Stuart or AEC.

4- Remove or redesign the Sticky Satchel from the Penals. Why a premium stock unit should have a Nuclear-like snare and also make damage with their PTRS? The sticky satchel was placed in the Penals a few patches ago with the excuse that the Sovs had nothing to stop the light vehicles. Well, PGrens and Obers (the other 2 premium stock units) dont have any snare too.

5- IS2 is too fast. It can easily escape to the Panther's chase. The Stug and the JP4 rarely penetrate them. Pak40s and Raketens are destroyed by 1 or 2 shots.

6- Remove the Barrage from the AT ZIS gun. Why should an anti-tank weapon have such a skill?

7- Reduce all anti-tank weapons, mortars and machineguns to 4men squad, like the other 4 factions.

8- SU85 Penetration is too good. It is a 60 range "always" penetrate AT vehicle that easily snipe heavys.

9- And last but not least: "Capture Mode" on T70 and other tanks should be removed. Only Infantry should be able to cap points.

If at least 3 or 4 items on this list are taken care of, then we can balance this faction a bit, which currently has no gaps or weaknesses.
6 Dec 2019, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2019, 20:20 PMLeo251
Sovs need an urgent downgrade. They currently have too much firepower, penetration and endurance.

I do not intend to make a thread of anger, just one to help improve the game and balance it a little better.

My proposals are:
2- Reduce the health of T34 / 85 to 4 shots. All other medium tanks need 4 shots to be destroyed. Why this 5? It's like giving P4 Ausf J the same characteristic.

:lolol:

In all honesty yt's true the ZiS barrage should cost more or be nerfed.
7 men cons weren't a problem during testing phase why all of a sudden everybody finds them annoying?

They are op, but I'd like to know why the sudden change of opinion lately?
6 Dec 2019, 20:32 PM

There's already a big thread for this here.

1. I don't think it needs to be removed, but it definately needs to be toned down. The combination of cheaper reinforcement, increased total HP pool, increased DPS (10-20%) from cover that Cons can build, AND 20% faster EXP gain is just too much. It needs to be much more comparable to UKF Bolster (just +1 model) or OST Veteran Squad Leader (+1 model, -1 weapon slot, +1 G43).

2. As far as I know it has 640hp, just like the P4s, M4A3, etc.

3. The T70 has been pretty heavily discussed in the other thread; it definitely needs adjustments.

4. Penal AT-Satchel hasn't been brought up, but it's an interesting topic. It's pretty strong, but the range is pretty small.

5. The IS2 has a speed of 5, the Panther has a speed of 6.6 - there's no way an IS2 can escape. That said, it's AI power and armor are both incredibly high, and likely needs adjustment. Again, this has been discussed in the other thread.

6. Likely because Sov has no late-game anti-blob solution, other than the Katyusha; compared to OST having both the Ostwind and Brumbarr.

7. Very unlikely to happen, since "large squads" are part of the Sov design flavor. Also, the 6-model squad size for the Maxim is partly required to offset the "death loop" issue.

8. All "60-Range" TDs need adjustments, this has been discussed in the other thread.

9. I agree, and I've brought this up too in the other thread. Many seem opposed to it.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2019, 20:28 PMCresc
7 men cons weren't a problem during testing phase why all of a sudden everybody finds them annoying?

They are op, but I'd like to know why the sudden change of opinion lately?

Likely they weren't being used to their full effectiveness. Most major patches recently have had public tests, but we've still gotten things like JLI and Falls.
6 Dec 2019, 20:48 PM

No they don’t.

/thread
6 Dec 2019, 20:54 PM

Just one change - make engineers 200 manpower.
6 Dec 2019, 21:03 PM

1. It just needs to have the RoF bonus removed, the reason cons needed it more than grens is because grens are just fine now with damage reduction making them actually last into the late game, it also fits the soviets thematically more anyway.

2. Sure, give it more consistent penetration too.

3. Make it come at the same time as those two.

4. Give PTRS the same AT capabilities of panzerschreks since that's your argument. I wouldn't even mind the price increase at that point, also, stop letting AT penals get within licking distance of your tanks.

5. Tough luck, also dunno how you're failing to keep up with the IS-2, but it could use a bit of toning down. It's arguably the main culprit for making soviets OP

6. Sure, give it the RoF of other ATGs, then as it's tied for the most expensive AT gun and has the worst starting DPM, is stuck in a mediocre tech tier with a negligible mortar and an okay Maxim.

7- Kill the soul of the faction, why don't you? I'm not even going to grace that with a sensible retort.

8. some TD reworks are needed, but the SU-85 is fine as the top dog as it's what carries the soviet lategame.

9. Sure, I wouldn't mind buffing all the soviet tanks by giving them new and better abilities ;)
6 Dec 2019, 21:04 PM

1. It just needs to have the RoF bonus removed, the reason cons needed it more than grens is because grens are just fine now with damage reduction making them actually last into the late game, it also fits the soviets thematically more anyway.

2. Sure, give it more consistent penetration too.

3. Make it come at the same time as those two.

4. Give PTRS the same AT capabilities of panzerschreks since that's your argument. I wouldn't even mind the price increase at that point, also, stop letting AT penals get within licking distance of your tanks.

5. Tough luck, also dunno how you're failing to keep up with the IS-2, but it could use a bit of toning down. It's arguably the main culprit for making soviets OP

6. Sure, give it the RoF of other ATGs, then as it's tied for the most expensive AT gun and has the worst starting DPM, is stuck in a mediocre tech tier with a negligible mortar and an okay Maxim.

7- Kill the soul of the faction, why don't you? I'm not even going to grace that with a sensible retort.

8. some TD reworks are needed, but the SU-85 is fine as the top dog as it's what carries the soviet lategame outside of doctrines and has clear weaknesses unlike something else *cough* Jackson *cough*

9. Sure, I wouldn't mind buffing all the soviet tanks by giving them new and better abilities ;)
6 Dec 2019, 21:06 PM

Crap accidently hit reply instead of edit, can a mod get that? I don't see an option for deleting posts anywhere :oops:
6 Dec 2019, 21:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

There's already an open thread with the same topic. Closed and post there.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/102871/state-of-the-soviets
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS