Login

russian armor

Tile / Coloring

28 Nov 2019, 15:22 PM

Hey, guys

I have two questions about mapping:

1: I am looking for the used color for the ground of the map "8p North African Desert" made by Orklord. I really like this beautiful painting for the ground of the map and would love to use it for my own african map in creation.

--> Here the map Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1232175164&searchtext=north+african+desert

--> Does anyone have any idea what "tile" (color/pattern) was used for the ground of this map and if its uploaded - how I can install?

2: How can you change the sky color, e.g. set the sun to late afternoon?

Many thanks for your helpful replies.
28 Nov 2019, 15:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2019, 15:22 PMHEMP
1: I am looking for the used color for the ground of the map "8p North African Desert" made by Orklord. I really like this beautiful painting for the ground of the map and would love to use it for my own african map in creation.

Since you already have the map, you want to download the COH2 Map Extractor. Then you can open the map and see how everything was done.

The hard part is figuring out which map is is. It will be in your My computer directories as something like:
My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios\subscriptions

But the name of the map will be some random number. You can tell Windows to open these binary files in WordPad and you can see the name of the map in the file.

Sometimes you can check the date teh file was uploaded to Steam and match that with the file date on your PC.

Once you figure out the map file, drag and Drop it into the map extractor program. A folder will be created in the directory with the raw (UnZipped) map files. Then you can open it in the WorldBuilder.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2019, 15:22 PMHEMP
2: How can you change the sky color, e.g. set the sun to late afternoon?

The sky color is setup in the main menu under SCENARIO\ATMOSPHERE PROPERTIES.
This dialog box has setups for lighting, fog, etc. You want to adjust the settings under SUNLIGHT, then you can copy (duplicate) those settings to Soldier and Vehicle light.

This will adjust the lighting. To get the sky to look like the physical sky you want, you need to select a SKY MODEL from the SKY section of the dialog. This is the sky box textures you see when panning your camera to see the sky.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 38
unknown 13
unknown 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak