Login

russian armor

How to unlock m1919 lmg from the weapon rack?

23 Nov 2019, 09:51 AM

Hello! I just started looking at coh2 modding and digging around with the Attr. Editor, but its pretty hard to find stuff if you don't know where to look. I want to make a mod that changes the USF weapon rack upgrade that the T2 building has, so that the m1919 lmg would be unlocked along with the BAR and Zooks. I'd also like to raise the cost of the lmg a bit. Any advice would be much appreciated!

23 Nov 2019, 10:06 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Welcome to the forum!

All buidlings are located in the category tab 'ebps'. The M1919 LMG weapon rack is: ebps\races\aef\buildings\weapon_racks\aef_weapon_rack_m1919_lmg

It currently has the requirement to select a specific commander. This requirement is located in slotitem_ext\pickup_requirements\2. required_any_in_list\requirements\1. required_player_upgrade.

The upgrade name is the passive of the commander. This can be changed to the weapon rack upgrade from hq: 'upgrade\aef\research\weapon_rack_upgrade_mp'.

The cost is located in slotitem_ext\unlimited_option\item_cost.
24 Nov 2019, 06:28 AM

Welcome to the forum!

All buidlings are located in the category tab 'ebps'. The M1919 LMG weapon rack is: ebps\races\aef\buildings\weapon_racks\aef_weapon_rack_m1919_lmg

It currently has the requirement to select a specific commander. This requirement is located in slotitem_ext\pickup_requirements\2. required_any_in_list\requirements\1. required_player_upgrade.

The upgrade name is the passive of the commander. This can be changed to the weapon rack upgrade from hq: 'upgrade\aef\research\weapon_rack_upgrade_mp'.

Wow thanks! That's all the info I needed. I'll post the mod name when I get it up and running
24 Nov 2019, 06:55 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Now that I think of it, what do you think would be a good cost to balance out the m1919? The other rack weapons are 60, but the lmg out classes the BAR by a wide margin. So maybe 90?
24 Nov 2019, 07:37 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Now that I think of it, what do you think would be a good cost to balance out the m1919? The other rack weapons are 60, but the lmg out classes the BAR by a wide margin. So maybe 90?

It is hard to think of one number without any playtests. I would start with a smaller increase, perhaps to 75, and observe the result in matches. You can tweak the costs afterwards when it proves to be too strong/weak.
24 Nov 2019, 08:40 AM

It is hard to think of one number without any playtests. I would start with a smaller increase, perhaps to 75, and observe the result in matches. You can tweak the costs afterwards when it proves to be too strong/weak.

I played a few matches with 90 muni cost, which seemed a little too restrictive. 80 seems like a spot for not allowing it to be too accessible in early game, without a little bit of sacrifice. Thanks again for the help!

Oh, one more thing. I'd also like to make a mod that adds the pathfinder to the USF barracks as a unit that can built from the start like Rifles and RETs. Are there any guides for that? Or if you know off the top of your head. I'd very much appreciate it! It seems arbitrary that they would tie PF's as commander specific just to diversify their ability sets. IR Pathfinders make more sense as being locked to a commander as their more of a specialized unit like Easy 8's .
24 Nov 2019, 11:11 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I'd also like to make a mod that adds the pathfinder to the USF barracks as a unit that can built from the start like Rifles and RETs.

The current spawn ability is: abilities\aef\modal_ability\dispatch_ability\pathfinders_dispatch
  • Empty the list in action_list/start_target_actions
  • Set 'initial_recharge': to 'false'
Then edit the pathfinder himself: sbps\races\aef\soldiers\pathfinder_squad\pathfinder_squad_mp
  • Add the same 'required_player_upgrade' from the ability to 'requirement_ext'.
And the final step is to add the squad to the hq: ebps\races\aef\buildings\base_building\rifle_command_mp
  • Add the pathfinder squad in spawner_ext/spawn_items. Right mouseclick > add > spawn_item.
26 Nov 2019, 07:18 AM

The current spawn ability is: abilities\aef\modal_ability\dispatch_ability\pathfinders_dispatch
  • Empty the list in action_list/start_target_actions
  • Set 'initial_recharge': to 'false'
Then edit the pathfinder himself: sbps\races\aef\soldiers\pathfinder_squad\pathfinder_squad_mp
  • Add the same 'required_player_upgrade' from the ability to 'requirement_ext'.
And the final step is to add the squad to the hq: ebps\races\aef\buildings\base_building\rifle_command_mp
  • Add the pathfinder squad in spawner_ext/spawn_items. Right mouseclick > add > spawn_item.

Ok. Almost got everything working. One thing I'm having trouble finding is how to change the unit cost (MP)? It seems to default to 240 MP for the 2-3 spot on the UI (same as mortar team above it). The only thing I could find was in ebps/attributes/races/aef/soldiers/pathfinders/pathfinder_recon_mp and then under cost_ext. But in that spot it says man power 60. Which doesn't make sense?
26 Nov 2019, 07:46 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Ok. Almost got everything working. One thing I'm having trouble finding is how to change the unit cost (MP)? The only thing I could find was in ebps/attributes/races/aef/soldiers/pathfinders/pathfinder_recon_mp and then under cost_ext. But in that spot it says man power 60. Which doesn't make sense?

The cost of a squad is the total sum of all entities. Pathfinders have 4 soldiers, 4 x 60 = 240. The call-in ability has its own cost and ignores the cost of entities.
26 Nov 2019, 07:49 AM

The cost of a squad is the total sum of all entities. Pathfinders have 4 soldiers, 4 x 60 = 240. The call-in ability has its own cost and ignores the cost of entities.

Ah! That explains it! Thanks again man. You've been an enormous help.
27 Nov 2019, 11:45 AM

Oh. I just noticed that the m1919 used to have a suppression ability and a defensive stance ability. Is there a variable that can restore those functionalities ?

Thanks!
27 Nov 2019, 12:09 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I cannot access the tools atm, but I think you need to remove the required_player_upgrade from 'abilities/aef/toggle_ability/commander_ability/riflemen_defensive: requirement/ext'.
28 Nov 2019, 07:26 AM

I cannot access the tools atm, but I think you need to remove the required_player_upgrade from 'abilities/aef/toggle_ability/commander_ability/riflemen_defensive: requirement/ext'.

Hmm, looking at the requirements/ext, there's "required squad upgrade" and "required any list", which has 2 items under it that are labeled as required_player_upgrade. I just deleted the the entire "required any list" section. However, I didn't notice any change in-game. Is there a button on the rifle squads UI to activate it?
29 Nov 2019, 22:54 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Hmm, looking at the requirements/ext, there's "required squad upgrade" and "required any list", which has 2 items under it that are labeled as required_player_upgrade. I just deleted the the entire "required any list" section. However, I didn't notice any change in-game. Is there a button on the rifle squads UI to activate it?

It looks like the ability is no longer on the riflemen, but it can be restored. Just add the ability to Riflemen SBPS and adjust the requirements of the ability.

The require squad upgrade (not in the any) is refering to a Riflemen Upgrade from an event from Ardennes Assault and not having it active.

One item from the any is referencing the commander ability in multiplayer. This makes it so say an ally drop a 1919 and another USF player picks it up. This player can NOT use the ability if they do not have the commander active as well. If you want this ability non doctrinal, delete this.

The other one in the any references the Mechanized commander from Ardennes Assault, who has access to 1919s. This makes a scripted 1919 Riflemen does not have the ability unless it is the mechanized commander. If you want this ability non doctrinal, delete this as well. This is why usually Ostheer and Soviets have separate single player and MP, multiplayer. Theater uses both... Hence why some things are totally imbalanced to near impossibility now.

the requirements determine weather something is can be selected or shown.
example: Ostheer's Battlephase 1 allows grenadiers to upgrade with a LMG 42
some upgrades hide if you select different upgrade such as flamers and minesweepers.
An observe hiding is USF Buildings. You may notice it looks like an officer but in actuality it is an upgrade. Upon completion the is an reinforcement action to summon the office. Once the upgrade is complete it has a requirement action for itself.
is_present: FALSE Meaning you do not have it. Alternatively you could set it to true and the requirement inside of a not.
reason: display so once it does become present (true) this upgrade is no longer displayed

The same officer squad this has a requirement of player upgrade as well.
is_present: TRUE
reason: usage and display so once it does become researched the will display and able to be used
if you want it displayed but not usable, set the reason to usage

required any list: think this as a or statement. For example: in order for Soviets T3, they require one of T2 or T1. All means both.

required squad upgrade (SBPS upgrade), entity upgrade (EBPS), player upgrade (when an upgrade in the UPGRADE tab's owner_type is set to player). For example, conscripts molotov upgrade.

Sorry if this not exactly coherent but the gist of is that the ability or upgrade must on the squad/entity. This will allows them to use the ability. Then, you use requirement to only enable the ability later on or to disable it earlier/later on.
30 Nov 2019, 07:56 AM

It looks like the ability is no longer on the riflemen, but it can be restored. Just add the ability to Riflemen SBPS and adjust the requirements of the ability.

The require squad upgrade (not in the any) is refering to a Riflemen Upgrade from an event from Ardennes Assault and not having it active.

One item from the any is referencing the commander ability in multiplayer. This makes it so say an ally drop a 1919 and another USF player picks it up. This player can NOT use the ability if they do not have the commander active as well. If you want this ability non doctrinal, delete this.

The other one in the any references the Mechanized commander from Ardennes Assault, who has access to 1919s. This makes a scripted 1919 Riflemen does not have the ability unless it is the mechanized commander. If you want this ability non doctrinal, delete this as well. This is why usually Ostheer and Soviets have separate single player and MP, multiplayer. Theater uses both... Hence why some things are totally imbalanced to near impossibility now.

the requirements determine weather something is can be selected or shown.
example: Ostheer's Battlephase 1 allows grenadiers to upgrade with a LMG 42
some upgrades hide if you select different upgrade such as flamers and minesweepers.
An observe hiding is USF Buildings. You may notice it looks like an officer but in actuality it is an upgrade. Upon completion the is an reinforcement action to summon the office. Once the upgrade is complete it has a requirement action for itself.
is_present: FALSE Meaning you do not have it. Alternatively you could set it to true and the requirement inside of a not.
reason: display so once it does become present (true) this upgrade is no longer displayed

The same officer squad this has a requirement of player upgrade as well.
is_present: TRUE
reason: usage and display so once it does become researched the will display and able to be used
if you want it displayed but not usable, set the reason to usage

required any list: think this as a or statement. For example: in order for Soviets T3, they require one of T2 or T1. All means both.

required squad upgrade (SBPS upgrade), entity upgrade (EBPS), player upgrade (when an upgrade in the UPGRADE tab's owner_type is set to player). For example, conscripts molotov upgrade.

Sorry if this not exactly coherent but the gist of is that the ability or upgrade must on the squad/entity. This will allows them to use the ability. Then, you use requirement to only enable the ability later on or to disable it earlier/later on.

Hmm, I'll have to tinker around a bit. Could I just copy the "Hit the dirt" ability and change some of the params? Also, something much simpler. What do I need to tweak to bring back suppression to the m1919 lmg. I have no idea what the original supression/supressed variables were on it before it was patched out. Were they the same as the 50 cal? And is there a bool or ability i need to activate to make it a weapon that can suppress?

thanks again!
1 Dec 2019, 09:01 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

What do I need to tweak to bring back suppression to the m1919 lmg. I have no idea what the original supression/supressed variables were on it before it was patched out. Were they the same as the 50 cal? And is there a bool or ability i need to activate to make it a weapon that can suppress?

Suppression is a numeric value, located in weapon/suppresion/amount. I cannot recover the original values sadly.
1 Dec 2019, 09:54 AM

Suppression is a numeric value, located in weapon/suppresion/amount. I cannot recover the original values sadly.

So I copied the amount that the 50 cal has but that didn't cause the suppression effect to activate. I had to add a target table to the lmg and set infantry as a target. The 50 cal has a supression multiplier in this category set at 100, but it seems a little too strong on the lmg. I'm going to try adjusting the stat a little bit or maybe lower the damage output.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★