Login

russian armor

Victory at Stalingrad on next week

11 Nov 2013, 17:49 PM

Nobody has asked the most important question which is, which community members designed commanders with tank traps?! Come on, fess up. I know it was one of you...

Of all the possible features we come up with this

Scheldt loving campers
11 Nov 2013, 17:55 PM

Personally I'm just pleased by how regularly the game is being patched and updated.

Ya but the game isn't being patched particularly well. That's the point. Each new patch twists things and just screws things up even more while attempting to balance something else. I've said it 100 times already, but, to me, this game lacks a clear vision in what it wants the meta to be. Further, they have yet to address basic issues with the game (technical, chat rooms, lobbies, leaderboards, etc) and have failed to reinstate player morale after a lackluster release. Instead of asking people to buy new commanders, they should be asking themselves why many people have quit playing or are playing less. *Hint - It's not because they want to PAY more for features that you aren't providing already*

Why sell DLC commanders that will just haunt the balance of this game further and compound what seems to be an already arduous task? Why not improve the state of the game you have first (the aforementioned basic issues), let it settle, and then release the dlc? Maybe then the community will be more willing to shell out money for DLC with a game in a stable state. They might be excited additions to the game instead of being overly speculative. Also, the price point of these items is just ridiculous. Different regions paying less or more? Give me a break. What are we not in a globalized society? Relic has to pay shipping costs on Steam or something?
11 Nov 2013, 18:13 PM

The way I see it is .. the core of the game is still there for people at the pricey cost of £0 extra, the patches are the most important part of making the game better going forward and cost nothing, they are even adding in free maps and the odd commander for nothing as well.

All these people bitching about pay to win commanders, in my experience they can all be beat with the standard commanders and if they do have anything that is too good or unfair, it'll get fixed in the next patch. As for the cost .. £4 a commander isn't very steep in my world, I regularly waste that on a pint in a night out, the pint will be lucky to last me 30 mins to an hour (value for money?). Bottom line is: if you don't want the extra content then don't pay for it.

Personally I'm just pleased by how regularly the game is being patched and updated.

+1 Agree completely
11 Nov 2013, 21:00 PM

no matter what we say the dlc commanders will stay, because it works just because lots of people don't care and buy it anyway, so SEGA and many other game companies are really into finding ways to milk players for more money. publishers only understand money, not love and so far the sales speak for themselves.

one of the biggest problems i found is that there are many new units that are doctrine exclusive. this is really bothersome because if you ever want to try out a new unit you would have to pay $4 for an entire doctrine just to use it.

also before you even pay for the thing you have to wait until someone else uses it to know exactly what it does and how effective it is so someone has to blindly purchase for $4 before you decide whether or not you want it.

once there are a lot of players that bought these expensive doctrines there will be other people who would just feel left out because they don't want to feel like ducks that pay $4 for every new stuff that comes out which can amount of $20, $40, just to try out the new units that they may only use a few times once some realize it bores them or just it doesn't fit their style but that's $4 they can't get back.

to remedy this situation relic should just release two doctrines with the same new unit, one doctrine will be free the other should be paid for, but nonetheless both will have the chance to use relics new unit. since there are already many doctrines that have the same abilities just arranged differently relic should do the same with the new ones.

for example, the free doctrine will have assault grenadiers with tactical smoke and stun grenades, the paid doctrine should have assualt grenades and tiger. both have assualt grenadiers one has smoke, the other doesn't but has a tiger in it's place since the tiger is already a doctrine unit in many other doctrines.

will this decrease sales? perhaps, but not much. there are already many doctrines that are just remixes of another with no new abilities. players will still pay for more doctrines simply because they are different. my proposed approach will however satisfy a lot more players, thus keeping the player base from decreasing thus keeping the game alive for more potential sales.

i probably have to open my own post for this, but i hope you people get my point.
11 Nov 2013, 21:15 PM

one of the biggest problems i found is that there are many new units that are doctrine exclusive.

Biggest joke is the KV-1.What is soooo Special about the KV-1 that it must be a commander call in unit for paid dlc?

In the eastern front mod from VCOH the KV-1 was a Standard unit thats how it should be because there is nothing magically Special about the KV-1.
11 Nov 2013, 21:29 PM

now, now you don't want to make it too special otherwise people would cry "unfair" the unit is fine as it is.
11 Nov 2013, 21:32 PM

I use KV-1 to have a strong mid-game and replace the T-34/76. KV-1's can take out stugs/P4s and is much more survivable than the T-34.

I am T-34 phobic and the KV-1 commander is the solution.
12 Nov 2013, 08:33 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Nov 2013, 19:48 PMNoun

Yup. Some of the guys from COH2.ORG who came to Vancouver can give more details but there was a session where they worked with Quinn Duffy to make commanders.

Never thought that 6 people are considered a community..... I guess everyone else who plays the game are just passing by players who are not considered
12 Nov 2013, 10:04 AM

Never thought that 6 people are considered a community..... I guess everyone else who plays the game are just passing by players who are not considered

They should invite the active playerbase, about 5000 peeps tucked inn Nouns office, that would be constructive
12 Nov 2013, 10:08 AM
Patrion 26

They should invite the active playerbase, about 5000 peeps tucked inn Nouns office, that would be constructive

Or just make it fcking simple by creating a survey. Instead of listening to just 6 people..... Nevertheless those "community" commanders should be implemented in the core game not a freaking dlc doesn't matter free or not
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★