Login

russian armor

Explosion & damage after pick up a weapon

7 Nov 2019, 11:35 AM
Modmaker Badge

Hi again mod community:

I am working in an old idea for my mod. My idea is to mod booby traps for weapons. Then when an enemy or friendly unit try to pick up, it will kill or heavy damage the squad.
I tried to add a trigger dca action (fx_hd_damage_66) in to the pick up option of the "prop" or in "the slot item" after pick up. My idea is to have a explosion visible by the player and damage. Sadly I fail.
When I add this options the weapon can not be picked.

I am out of ideas in this point. I tried other ways like a mine over the weapon. The problem is: friendly units can pick up the gun and this looks bad. Ideally the best historical way is the pick up option for any unit and a big BUM !

If anybody have a fresh idea to point me in the correct direction could be nice. Also this feature could be a nice addition for any mod in Workshop.

Regards
Olhausen
7 Nov 2019, 11:54 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Very interesting idea! I wonder if it baits the AI.

Perhaps try to spawn a 0 second grenade on pickup? (or the self-exploding paratrooper democharge if you want bigger explosion). If the pickup requires a slotitem, then you can add slotitem which doesn't consume a slot and has no link to a weapon.
7 Nov 2019, 12:19 PM
Modmaker Badge

Thank you very much Sneakeye. I will try it today and I will tell you how the things goes ;)

EDITED OLHAUSEN:

I am back on tools and the idea works ! I made as you did my friend and I have a functional weapon booby trapped. I a very nice concept for those ones who want to add this nice feature to his modifications.
In my name and in the name of Wikinger players thank you for your support.

Best regards
Olhausen
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight