Login

russian armor

Things coh2 could use that existed in vcoh?

4 Nov 2013, 19:56 PM

Disclaimer: some of this is old news to people, and has been talked about in other threads. Hopefully not all of it though.

I’ll preface this post by saying that I’m still loving COH2, and that I’m not yet of the opinion that the game lacks depth in comparison to its predecessor, but then I’m not playing in the top 200.

And even with that said, there are some things I miss that did add depth to the original game that have had to have been made up elsewhere in coh2(if at all). I also see people chime in on various threads about how coh2 is lacking in strategy compared to coh1, and I wonder what in more specific terms, people find is absent, and what simple solutions(entire overhaul isn’t a very valuable suggestion) you might offer towards remedying that.

Things I Miss:

American building flexibility versus Russian fixed 2-building rigidity. A thread was made on this topic with suggested changes to Russian costs that I think was worth looking at.

The Base-rush! Does this ever happen? Neither faction gets a garrisonable hq in their territory, so I appreciate why mg nests are everywhere and why pushing that far in with vehicles is a deadly game given engine crits, but is there a way to bring this back into the game without breaking it? I never see infantry pushes on bases, and it takes a whole element out of the game that was intense and often all-in by the aggressor. In coh2 I have been base rushed all of one time in all of my auto-matches, and it didn’t go well for my opponent.

The Forced Commander Choice: I lament that forcing a doctrine choice with a base rush or a fast vehicle may be dead, given the vast number of commanders, and the fact that other than say, vehicle smoke(which is entirely at the discretion of the user) there aren’t any “oh shit” choices for ostheer, while for Russia, the choice mostly comes down to one of many options that contain either Guards or Shocks, telling the opponent very little. I am starting to get more familiar with the commanders and what to expect once somebody has committed to a doctrine(when it is obvious anyway) and I do appreciate that some doctrine choices of your opponent are distinctive enough that they will determine how you will play against them, but I don’t know that there is that element of picking doctrine B to counter doctrine A that VCOH had, which made picking a late doctrine its own reward, even if you didn’t get the earlier benefits.

Tech options: There are no vet upgrades(this is a good thing), no bar upgrades, 76 mm upgrades, etc. Russia has all of 2 fuel upgrades and Ostheer has 0. I was still hoping for some global fuel upgrades to expand the overall strategic options that each faction has. I’ve heard some cool suggestions, including those for blizzard protection, faster vetting after upgrade, a CP acceleration upgrade for ostheer(that one sounded really cool)…etc.

4 Nov 2013, 21:41 PM

Global upgrades costing fuel would still be awesome although I recall the devs talking at some point about not liking them for some reason.

Base rushes don't work because you can't kill stuff the same way. There's no off-map arty that destroys buildings, you don't have an M8 to lay mines in the base, demo charges don't kill buildings in one hit.

The other reason base rushes don't work is because it's way easier to land fausts/stickies.
4 Nov 2013, 21:46 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

A lobby.

A ladder.

Better resource system.

Better doctrine system.
5 Nov 2013, 10:07 AM
Donator 11

A lobby.

A ladder.

Better resource system.

Better doctrine system.

All of the above plus tanktraps!
5 Nov 2013, 13:39 PM

A lobby (Incredible that they didnt include one, and even more so that Noun and Relic waited for such a long time before they finally admitted it was never planned and wouldnt be implemented anytime soon).

I would also like to see tanktraps, dragable sandbags, and forward HQs, all nondoctrinal, but I doubt that will ever happen considering how Relic are focusing on selling Commanders.

I would like to see a rework of the infantrycombat, into something more similair to vCOH in regards to small arms dammage and importance of cower, as I think vCOH favours smart tactics, while COH2 is more centered arround moving arround using abilities, infantrywise.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight