Login

russian armor

Towing at guns and others

4 Nov 2013, 16:11 PM

Just some suggestion and thoughts.

1; As the title suggests I think 251s and M5s hafltracks should be able to tow at guns for better mobility.

2; Vehicle engines should freeze during blizzards if they aren't near fire (would take more time to freeze than a soldier).

3; At guns crew should freeze too.

4; I think building campfires during blizzards shouldn't be allowed.

4 Nov 2013, 16:23 PM
Benefactor 115

towing at guns or thawing at guns then?
5 Nov 2013, 00:03 AM

Too much pointless micro in a game that's already micro intensive.
5 Nov 2013, 01:55 AM
5 Nov 2013, 03:41 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrjElARA9js

Say thank you to modders!

i had no idea people were modding the game like this!
5 Nov 2013, 07:28 AM

Both having engines freeze during blizzards and not allowed to build camp fires would be highly unrealistic. A cold engine is a lot harder to start when it's really cold outside but when you've started it, it will run. Same thing with camp fires, they are just a bit harder to lit during blizzards but with the right tools, lets say some gasoline and a flare, you'd have no problems with it.

However, I support your idea with loading AT guns on halftracks, would be a really cool feature. :)
5 Nov 2013, 08:03 AM

I don't like Idea 2-4 because in my opinion this only adds more unnecessary microeffort and thus more rage factors.

I do like the Idea of towed AT-Guns although this isn't realy needed in 1v1 due to the small maps but in bigger games with larger maps this would definitely be useful!
5 Nov 2013, 08:29 AM

+1 cool idea, you can shift click no worries.
5 Nov 2013, 10:55 AM

I don't like Idea 2-4 because in my opinion this only adds more unnecessary microeffort and thus more rage factors.

I do like the Idea of towed AT-Guns although this isn't realy needed in 1v1 due to the small maps but in bigger games with larger maps this would definitely be useful!

There are some huge 1v1 maps, where AT guns just about chase shadows. Maybe not that huge, but due to fences, rivers, etc. It takes forever to get AT gun to desired place.

If its made so half the AT gun crew dies if halftrack is busted, it would really be just cool way to manuver around the map. But very risky 2 get near the front.

I think it would be cool feature
5 Nov 2013, 11:22 AM

I've wanted to run an entirely mechanised Soviet army with lots of half tracks and infantry, but it always falls down when I realise the AT guns are stuck miles behind when I need them in action immediately...

I'd love towable AT guns to be implemented. (in fact, they should be towable by any vehicle tbh)
5 Nov 2013, 12:16 PM

"more unnecessary microeffort"
"Too much pointless micro in a game that's already micro intensive"

Kappa
5 Nov 2013, 13:51 PM

1) Maybe

2) No.

3) Hell no.

4) Are you fucking retarded?
5 Nov 2013, 14:06 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2013, 13:51 PMCieZ
4) Are you fucking retarded?

Wheren't you just talking the other day about how rude players shouldn't belong in the community, in shoutbox?
5 Nov 2013, 15:23 PM

Wheren't you just talking the other day about how rude players shouldn't belong in the community, in shoutbox?

No, I was talking about how in that day alone I had 2v1'd two separate teams of drophackers and how people that hack should be banned.

I think anyone I've played with/against can tell you that I'm a well-mannered player in game.
5 Nov 2013, 15:53 PM

I think 1) is a great idea, but for larger maps. In a 1v1 having this ability probably wont matter, unless it's a map like Moscow Outskirts.
2), 3), and 4) however are awful ideas, as that would just cause the game to become boring when you're forced to continually move units into fires on blizzard maps, thus prolonging the game for a dumb reason.
5 Nov 2013, 16:13 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2013, 15:23 PMCieZ
I think anyone I've played with/against can tell you that I'm a well-mannered player in game.

I see.

I'm glad to hear you don't call people "fucking retarded" in-game, and only on forums.
5 Nov 2013, 16:27 PM

I see.

I'm glad to hear you don't call people "fucking retarded" in-game, and only on forums.

I wasn't calling him "fucking retarded" it was a rhetorical way of saying that the suggestion was not a good one. I realize that sarcasm can be hard to detect without body language/tone of voice... but I really thought it was pretty obvious. Guess not.
5 Nov 2013, 16:49 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2013, 16:27 PMCieZ

I wasn't calling him "fucking retarded" it was a rhetorical way of saying that the suggestion was not a good one. I realize that sarcasm can be hard to detect without body language/tone of voice... but I really thought it was pretty obvious. Guess not.

Then I would suggest that next time you call the idea "fucking retarded", and not the originator, as you did in this case with "Are you fucking retarded".

May not be much of a difference, but if you are civil and well-mannered as you say you are, this would certainly help give that impression of you even further.

I have nothing to add. If you have something to add to me personally on this specific issue, my PM inbox is open.
5 Nov 2013, 17:35 PM

1; As the title suggests I think 251s and M5s hafltracks should be able to tow at guns for better mobility.

Would give the HT's another nice role and you'd get rewarded for good microing.
Sounds very good to me.
5 Nov 2013, 17:43 PM

how about not just AT guns but also field guns like 105mm, 152mm and Pak43 is also tow-able and not just by HT but tanks and other vehicles can do it too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 97
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment