Login

russian armor

Matchmaking - Combined ELO ranking

4 Nov 2013, 07:28 AM

Combined ELO ranking in 2v2 (and up) is just stupid and annoying. Needs serious reworking

I am sick of playing with absolute beginners!!!

Having one higher ranked player and 1 'I just installed COH2, what does this button do?' player vs 2 decent players is not equal and fun game

Its not enjoyable for anyone.

If it happens occasionally, OK fair enough. But 3 games out of 5, its just frustrating to the point one does not want to play anymore. One side just get blown of the map, or one player can hold out for 10 min while other builds AT gun as his first unit. Yay
then you have sync errors, people dropping, etc

And there we go, 1 good game out of 10... thats just not good enough

I am really trying to give this game a chance but it is really, really hard.

Please don't point out to 'find a teamate' because I am not a stat hunter, so playing vs bad team is equally frustrating for me..

Anyway, my suggestion would be to have few brackets from which people are not matched vs other brackets. Like top 10,000 don't get mixed with 40,000-100,000. Example

And some sort of choice button, Wait for close match

Seriously, I know people need to learn the game and so on, but I can't take much more of this unbalanced @%#@

semi-rant? yes, but I am trying to be positive and constructive.

4 Nov 2013, 17:14 PM

Just how long do you want to sit around for a match? While I agree that the automatch system needs serious tweaking (The strange tendency to always try to find at least one person wildly further across the globe than anyone else for instance.) I think the game needs some sort of game lobby so people can at least meet and greet each other long enough to become friends/form strategy/arrange teams/etc. The Basic Match and Automatch division is rather effective at providing an arena for casual and beginning players, with the official ranked world of automatch being the realm of competitive ladder gaming.

It just makes sense from a design standpoint. The whole THQ bankruptcy thing (Remember SEGA saved CoH2 from potential oblivion) and the economic nature of how game servers are maintained and operated might prove to be too great an obstacle to overcome. But because of that only someone from Relic could actually give an accurate explanation.
5 Nov 2013, 01:09 AM

Just how long do you want to sit around for a match? While I agree that the automatch system needs serious tweaking (The strange tendency to always try to find at least one person wildly further across the globe than anyone else for instance.) I think the game needs some sort of game lobby so people can at least meet and greet each other long enough to become friends/form strategy/arrange teams/etc. The Basic Match and Automatch division is rather effective at providing an arena for casual and beginning players, with the official ranked world of automatch being the realm of competitive ladder gaming.

It just makes sense from a design standpoint. The whole THQ bankruptcy thing (Remember SEGA saved CoH2 from potential oblivion) and the economic nature of how game servers are maintained and operated might prove to be too great an obstacle to overcome. But because of that only someone from Relic could actually give an accurate explanation.

I wouldn't mind waiting 20-30 min if it meant I would get good matchup, the game that lasts more than 10 min and VP ticker ends 38-0. Not 456-0

Not including public game lobby, chat etc was design decision, had nothing to do with THQ financial probs. As was clarified by Noun (Relic official)

This game uses P2P (peer to peer connection), and not global servers

Hopefully, new public chat will enable players to create custom games more easily.

The last thing I wanna do is, go and join one of the clans. And completely disappear from community. (a lot of players are clan members, where they play amongst themselves and not using automatch or playing with rest of community)
Sure I can do that, but in the long run, it will hurt the game for all.
7 Nov 2013, 17:49 PM

Interesting, I had not heard that clarification from Relic. Alrighty then. :p

That aside though, I do think the public chat is going to help immensely, especially if there is a streamlined way for people to link or route people to a hosted custom game within chat. People communicating before and in-between matches helps, even if it's your standard wall of typical internet nonsense that public chats usually are.

I always did like in vCoH how there was a bit of divide between the casual and clan matchups in Basic Match and the competitive ranked matchups being played out in Automatch. It may have separated the community a bit, but I really think it helped more people get the games and matchups that they wanted to play.

And I really would loathe waiting 20-30 minutes for a game. I'd rather play a 20 minute throwaway game against nubs or get rolled by someone way better than me than just wait.

But I get what you mean: a balanced matchup is always ideal. Hopefully the public chat will help bridge the gap for most newcomers and casual players, which as a result should balance out the playing field in automatch.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★