Login

russian armor

Partisans - y u no merge?!

26 Oct 2019, 07:28 AM

So I decided to give partisans a whirl to try out some of their new abilities, only to discover that conscripts are unable to merge with them.

What the hell?

Though they will probably never be meta, the Partisans are an interesting meme unit that could work somewhat competitively, but they are seriously pulled down by not being able to work around their fairly high reinforment cost through conscript merge.

Does anyone know if this is a technical limitation, an oversigt or simply a balance decision? Either way it kind of sucks >:(
26 Oct 2019, 08:19 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think it is a balance decision, because the requirement of the ability explicitly says: target has not unittype 'partisan' (in the modtools). But Partisans were quite different on release then they are now, so perhaps the patch team can consider to change it.

Edit: FYI, the Commissar is excluded too.
26 Oct 2019, 11:10 AM

I think it is a balance decision, because the requirement of the ability explicitly says: target has not unittype 'partisan' (in the modtools). But Partisans were quite different on release then they are now, so perhaps the patch team can consider to change it.

Edit: FYI, the Commissar is excluded too.

Reading the patch notes the reason for the Commissar is due to a bug:
-Conscripts can no longer be merged into the Commissar unit; prevents a bug where Conscripts would be armed with the officer's weapon.

I don't think this problem would apply to partisans, but I also don't think it makes sense that they should be unable to merge for balancing reasons. It's not like they are OP units by any measure.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 46
Germany 750
unknown 19
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L