Login

russian armor

random or common bug?

2 Nov 2013, 20:21 PM

Just decided to try this game out again this afternoon to see how it's progressing. Other than noticing that german mgs teams still suppress on the first shot and abhorrent unit response and squad derping is still crap, I had something odd happen I've actually never seen before in COH. I was engaging a panther with 2 su85s and it was moving to circle strafe my first so i used it to block the panther in order to let my other su85 fire away at it's rear armor. Then to my surprise the panther passed right through su85 like it wasn't there. Undeterred, it didn't so much as slow a tad bit and proceeded to wipe both of them off the map due to a convenient tree blocking my second from firing, go figure.

To my question, is this common? cuz if so I am probably still at least a year too soon from even trying this game again to give them a decent bit of time fix it, or perhaps it's not even possible.
2 Nov 2013, 20:59 PM

do you have a replay? i would be happy to see a problem in this game that is not related to balance.
2 Nov 2013, 21:10 PM

I've never experiencend anything like that, vehicle blocking functions the same as in vCoH - that means the part of the vehicle that can collide is smaller than the graphical representation.

A replay could clear things up.
2 Nov 2013, 22:32 PM

Other than noticing that German mg teams still suppress on the first shot
Are you seriously? Mg42 suppression rate was HALFED, suppresion bulletin was removed as well, it cant suppress from first shot anymore you lier
3 Nov 2013, 02:07 AM

Are you seriously? Mg42 suppression rate was HALFED, suppresion bulletin was removed as well, it cant suppress from first shot anymore you lier

unless something else caused it, i watched one of my conscripts go down suppressed immediately after an mg opened up at max range in the same game, it's possible a mortar went off too, I guess, that I did not see. I have a hard time seeing anything in this game with its such bad contrast.

I'll try and figure out how to upload the replay a little later, I do have it.
3 Nov 2013, 02:47 AM

0 physics tank battle

replay uploaded

Tank issue: ~16:42 mid map - perspective from player name "xyphx" <-- me

----------------------
@ DandyFrontline
I'll call you out for calling me a liar then bro, as long as I found it. Check 14:05 in mid map, NO VET mg next to enemy PIV firing at my conscript coming into los at MAX range, and conscript instantly getting a move back command (fast as unit response lag lets a person anyhow), did not matter, insta suppressed. Took unnecessary damage and lost 1 squad member to a nearby gren because of it. Plz don't call me a liar, thx. Don't fret, I won't hold my breathe for dat apology.
----------------------
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 11
United States 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %