Login

russian armor

Should Axis pintle upgrade give bonus sight?

20 Oct 2019, 18:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2019, 17:36 PMLago

The Riflemen buff made Riflemen win harder at ranges they already won at.

If you fight them at range (which OST is very equipped to do) they're not any stronger.

But I totally disagree with such arguments :(
Now they will melt them more quickly, which gives you less reaction time and will mean that before grens retreat they will deal less damage. Also now rifles scale much differently against assault grens - they are much less vulnerable to ass grens. They will also melt support units more quickly. They will more easily wipe low health squads on retreat. Such things add up throughout the game. So they did get buffed. And all this without any buffs to grens, for example. I can completely understand ostheer claims for some buffs for tanks, for example.
20 Oct 2019, 19:37 PM

Now they will melt them more quickly, which gives you less reaction time and will mean that before grens retreat they will deal less damage. Also now rifles scale much differently against assault grens - they are much less vulnerable to ass grens. They will also melt support units more quickly. They will more easily wipe low health squads on retreat. Such things add up throughout the game. So they did get buffed. And all this without any buffs to grens, for example. I can completely understand ostheer claims for some buffs for tanks, for example.

Riflemen kill Assgrens anyway.
20 Oct 2019, 22:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Rifles were "underwhelming" for cost in the early game. The shock part in USF early game came from the officers as "free units". This lead to basically call in infantry meta replacing most Rifle builds. I'm still on the fence of whether the change was good or not.

Grens did get buffed. Replacing RA for a damage modifier. They are the only unit besides snipers who can survive a direct rocket, mortar or normal grenade (non nuke ones such as bundle/commando).

I can understand claims for buffs on specific units, not on factions. This thread or OP as of several months long, not really.
21 Oct 2019, 06:00 AM

Rifles were "underwhelming" for cost in the early game. The shock part in USF early game came from the officers as "free units". This lead to basically call in infantry meta replacing most Rifle builds. I'm still on the fence of whether the change was good or not.

I'm on the fence when it comes to play against OKW. Against ostheer not too good. I'm generally against nerfing volks and buffing rifles at the same time. Volks nerf (or sturmpios) should be done so that it is enough. Maybe they should have made volks even more expensive.

Grens did get buffed. Replacing RA for a damage modifier. They are the only unit besides snipers who can survive a direct rocket, mortar or normal grenade (non nuke ones such as bundle/commando).

True. But it is only related to vet 3. They also got one of their stats nerfed and got this "buff" in return. This is one of the problems. This buff is really tiny (or some may say nonexistent) in comparison.

I can understand claims for buffs on specific units, not on factions. This thread or OP as of several months long, not really.

But you can buff another unit in return. If you gave stug 60 range there is a chance you will make scotts less threatening, which in turn may lead to fewer gren wipes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★