- Everyone who wants to enters this Tournament should join the Steam Group for communication
- Everyone who wants to enters should join the COH2.ORG Discord Server for easier communication
First, the players will do a coin toss. The winner of the coin toss chooses to either do the first veto or pick the faction first. Obviously, if the winner of the coin toss chooses to pick the faction, the loser gets the first veto and vice versa. Before picking the factions, the players will veto maps from the map pool.Map Vetoes and Faction Selection
Map vetoing will be done first. So if the winner of the coin toss chooses to pick the faction he/she is not obliged to pick the faction until the map is determined.
- For the first match, the players will alternate making vetoes until there is 1 map left. This map will also be played in game 2.
- If the winner of the coin toss chooses to have the last veto, the winner must make the first veto.
- If the winner chooses to have the first pick of faction, the loser must make the first veto.
- If there is a game 3, the veto process is repeated. In this case, the winner who chooses last veto or faction is the player with the greatest number of victory points from game 1 and 2 combined. (Victory points from a defeated player do NOT count. Only victory points from a victory count).Other Details
- Lateness can result in VP penalities or worse, and are decided by the referees.
- 5 min break between games, in extreme cases a longer break can be give by the referees. This however doesn't happen without the permission of a referee!
- Match fixing - including not playing to full potential against clanmates is disallowed.
- Please restart CoH2 before any tournament game activity, and close external programmes before playing, to avoid crashes.
- Bugsplats: If there is a bugsplat within 7 minutes the game will be replayed, unless there happened something very special. In this case the referees make a decision of what will happen. If there is a bugsplat after 7 minutes the referees will do either one of these things:
- If both teams agree, the game will be replayed.
- If both teams don't agree to replay and if there is a clear winner according to the referees, this player will be given the win. In case there isn't a clear winner the referees will make a decision of what is going to happen.
However, the player that bugsplatted has to screenshot the crash with windows time/date showing! If this doesn't happen within 5 minutes the referees are allowed to give the win to the team that didn't bugsplat.
- If there is any sign of cheating during the games, contact the referees. They will decide what happens.
- Report your scores in the STEAM GROUP CHAT! Referees will insert the scores on Challonge, the website on which the brackets will be publiced as well. The links to the brackets will be given after the check-ins in the steam group ended!
The winning player of the match must upload all 2-3 games, and link them into this special thread. You run the risk of being banned from future events if you do not upload all your games! So do not forget!
Please upload the replays with a special name:
2v2Tournament/Round(R1, R2, etch.)/Game Number(G1, G2, or G3)/Your Name - Opponent's Name)
Here is an example of how you should post your replays in the special thread:
Use the Insert Replay function in the reply editor to link your replays: that is the button to the right of the Twitch icon.
- If you fail to show up for matches within 20 min after your previous round and the previous round of your new opponent, you will be disqualified as well.
We would appreciate it if you do not stream, so that we can attract as many viewers for the official stream as possible. Consider it as a donation to the tournament, if you do not stream.
- 500 VP
- BO3, first round BO1, other rounds BO3, Finals BO5
- Commander Bans: Lend Lease (sov), Defensive Tactics (sov), Counter Attack Tactics (sov) Tactical Support (USF), Breakthrough (OKW), Special Operations (OKW), Lightning War (ost/wher), Jaeger Armor (ost/wher), Advanced Emplacement (Brits), Special Weapons Regiment (Brits), Royal Artillery Regiment (Brits)
- Players will be playing the live version! Future tournaments might be played with the revamp mod in the future but will be announced earlier to give players more time to prepare. We also want to wait and see how other events work out who might use the revamp mod
- Double OKW (Oberkommando West) is not allowed as well as double Soviets or double USF or double Brits! Only double ostheer is allowed in this tournament, this has been done to not force axis into a certain combination of factions as this seems unfair to us.
- Just to be sure, teams that contain axis and allies factions are not allowed. For example you can't play as brits and okw against soviets and okw. We are saying it here again to make sure nobody will accidently think this is allowed. It's axis vs allies, not axis mixed with allies vs axis mixed with allies
- Fixed starting positions (Allies and 1,2 (2v2) | Axis 3,4 (2v2)
- No bulletins are allowed
- Mirror matches are banned!
- Observer mode: 3 min delay, no password
- Abusing certain bugs, like fausting a building and one shotting the squad in it etc. , is not allowed and will be punished accordingly by the refs.
- Minsk Pocket
- Rails and metal
- Vaux Farmlands
- Elst Outskirts
- Crossing in the Woods
- Semoiskey Winter
- Moscow Outskirts Summer
There might be a big, positive surprise coming in for the map pool. We will keep it as a secret for now, but there is a chance something really cool will happen! In case it does happen, everybody will be notified on coh2.org with a special article!
The sign ups close at 24:00 GMT, the 30th of November. A seeding will be made the next day and brackets will be made as well before friday (1st of December) night. The next day on Saturday the 2nd of December the check-ins in the CHAT of the STEAM GROUP will open at 16:00 GMT. Check-ins will close 30 min after they opened, at 16:30 GMT. The first rounds will start at 16:45 GMT. The first round will be BO1. Then there will follow 3 rounds who are BO3. The Semi-Finals (BO3) and Finals (BO5) will be played on Saturday the 9th of December. The check-ins for those start at 16:00 GMT and end at 16:30 GMT. The games will start at 16:45 GMT.
- Check-ins open 16:00 GMT on Saturday the 2nd of December (in the chat of the steam group)
- Check-ins close 16:30 GMT
- Start tournament on Saturday the 2nd of December: 16:45 GMT
- Start tournament on Saturday the 9th of December: 16:30 GMT
To convert time zones, have a look on this site!
If you have problems checking in you should look for help in the discord channel or in the chat of the steam group, links above!
If you want to sign up for the 2v2 tournament, you need to include the following information:
- Player name 1 (captain)
- Steam ID 1 (captain)
- Player name 2
- Steam ID 2
- Player name 3 (optional)
- Steam ID 3 (optional)
Click here to sign up!
You can help to raise the prize pool for this tournament by donating via this link. 100% of the donations will be used for the prize pool of this tournament!
You need a valid Paypal account to receive the money from the prize pool, so if you do not have a Paypal account, make sure to create one before entering this tournament! (I am not responsible for the distribution between individual players in one team!)
The prize pool for both tournaments will be divided as follows:
- 1st Place: 50%
- 2nd Place: 30%
- 3rd Place: 20%
|GB| The Hooligan will be doing special 2v2 streams and if you donate 2 euro or more you can ask him if he want's to play a certain tactic/commander and he will do it! Ever had crazy strategies that you want to see somebody else play? This is your chance!
Keep an eye on the ticker of COH2.ORG to know when he is playing!
HelpingHans and VonIvan will both be doing special promotion streams as well! If you want to know when they are streaming (if you are not a follower already ), again keep an eye on the ticker!
Games will be casted live by FaHu and SoE-Sturmpanther. If you want to know when they are broadcasting those games together, then please follow FaHu and Sturmpanther on twitch and keep an eye on the ticker of COH2.ORG on the days the games are played!
If there are any things that are unclear during the tournament, speak with the organizers. They will look at the problem and make a decision. Be aware that their decision is final! If you have any other questions, you can always PM |GB| The Hooligan or Currahee. Communicating to a referee during the tournament can be done by chatting in the chat of the steam group linked in this thread above. You will be able to ask for a referee on the discord of coh2.org as well, but we can't guarantee a referee will immediately see your message there. For direct questions please use the chat box of the steam group.