Can you believe it? It has been four years since Company of Heroes 2 came out! Do you still remember this beautiful piece of RTS?
Of course you do! You probably play it on a daily basis, and you probably have watched tournaments like OCF and GCS! This game has been out for four years now and it is nowhere near dying. That’s worth a party, isn’t it? That’s why Relic is celebrating it with a 4 vs 4 Tournament!
The tournament is an international one for Company of Heroes 2 fans all over the world. It will be played on Saturday the 24th of June. It starts at 4:00 PM CEST!
Are you not sure at which time it starts in your timezone? Then use this site to convert your timezone.
Teams: 4 vs 4 - Axis vs Allies
- Win Condition: Victory Point
- Faction Selection: Winner of Coin Toss gets first pick of faction (for best of 3, see below)
- Map Selection: Map will be selected using the veto system (see Rules below)
- Mod: No Mods
- Starting Location: Random
- Arranged Teams: Allowed
- Opening rounds: Single elimination
- Quarters: Single elimination
- Finals (Semi & Grand): Best out of 3
None, all commanders and bulletins are permitted
All 4 vs 4 auto match maps are allowed.
MAP SELECTION - VETO SYSTEM
- First Veto: Loser of the coin toss gets first map veto
- Game 1: Team captains will take turns vetoing maps from the map pool until only one map remains
- Game 2 (If applicable): The second game in a series will be played on the same map as game 1
- Game 3: (If applicable): The third game of a series will follow the same veto process for game 1. NOTE: The map from Game 1 is automatically vetoed.
- Axis VS Allies only
- Game 1: Winning team captain of the Coin Toss gets first pick of faction
- Game 2 (if applicable): Teams swap sides (Axis to Allies & vice versa)
- Game 3 (if applicable): Team with the higher winning VP count gets first pick of faction
- Teams must check-in before the start of the tournament in order to participate
- Check-in will open 15 minutes before tournament start time
- Only checked-in players will be seeded into the tournament bracket
Once paired with an opponent, both teams are required to check-in for their match on Battlefy. Once one team checks in, their opponent will have 15 minutes to do the same or they will, automatically, forfeit the match. Once both teams have checked in, they are required to use the PRIVATE CHAT feed located on their Match page to communicate with their opponents and set up the match.
Once the match is ready to start, one or both players MUST report in the PRIVATE CHAT feed that their match has begun.
Once seeding for a round is complete, players will have 15 minutes to coordinate and start their match. If neither team checks in or both teams check-in and the match has not started within 15 minutes of the check-in, the lower seeded team will automatically forfeit the match and be dropped from the tournament.
After each match, Team Captains are required to report their team's score on their match page. Any disputes will be handled by a Tournament Moderator who may require a replay of the match for review. The Tournament Moderator has final say regarding all match disputes.
Relic & the administrators of this tournament reserve the right to change or add any rule at any time during this tournament at our discretion.
Only Captains can report their team's score.
The party is even bigger this time, because Relic is also celebrating with some special prizes!
The first prize winners will get a 50k Supply Bonus each and a Copy of Dawn of War III!
You thought that was it?
Hell no! Relic has decided to give every team member of the winning team a Limited Edition Company of Heroes 2 T-Shirt!
Sign Ups & Broadcasting
Sign Ups & Broadcasting
Are you interested in playing?
Then sign up over here!
For more information about the tournament you should contact Dukejason.
The tournament will be broadcasted on various channels this time. The games will be casted in English on the official channel of the tournament by Dukejason.
The Germans, however, are having their own caster, FaHu, cast the games of the tournament in German, just like the Russians will have the one and only, Maza, to cast the games in Russian!
If you are not playing, make sure to tune in on twitch to see the 4-year celebration of Company of Heroes 2 in any of these channels!
If you are interested in a fun tournament with prizes, then sign up! Otherwise grab yourself a beer and pizza before making yourself ready for a good night of Company of Heroes 2!
Good luck have fun and happy birthday Company of Heroes 2!