Login

russian armor

CoH2 Early Game

8 Nov 2013, 23:58 PM
Patrion 14

The majority of the counters to buildings do not come out soon enough to make a difference in the early game where buildings have the most impact. Building a mortar squad is a death-sentence for map control since you don't have a front-line to protect them. Flamer half-track comes out far too late as well. The only "counter" that comes out early enough is the pios which are too prone to blowing up in flames from a shot to the fuel tank.

The point is to find a way for my basic units, riflemen and MG teams as well as snipers, to not perform so poorly against garrisoned squads.
9 Nov 2013, 09:22 AM

Small arms fire should have drastically increased effect against units if it is done at point blank range (ie standing at a window and firing into the house).

Sort of like the current 10m rule.
9 Nov 2013, 09:31 AM
Donator 11

Especially the molotov/flamer thing is complete speculation on your part. They mentioned flame throwers but no word was lost about molotovs.
Even in the leaked beta notes there is only mention of flame throwers and explosions.

There is really no reason to assume molotovs will receive the same treatment as flame throwers. Even if they do, mortars and grenades will certainly be better compared to (a change that arguably benefits Germans more) and more powerful (+ more stable) flamers benefits both sides.

The 'leaked' beta notes mention that area of effect weapons have an increase in their radius when used against buildings -
9 Nov 2013, 11:06 AM

I do agree with Nullist where Ost certainly does have a problem with mainline infantry being able to take out units in buildings. However, I don't think the solution would be to change the molotov or the Flamer.

I think the solution is to bring snipers (both Ost and Sov) back to VCoH levels in terms of hitting buildings. It should be a 100% hit rate.

Why? Because the snipers only have a limited number of shots they can pull out so they really can't take down a whole squad in the building. Furthermore, sniper play is already quite risky - 360 MP for a relatively fragile unit. Just because a few people have mastered sniper play doesn't mean that the game should be adjusted to it. After all, if they have managed to master using snipers, they should be rewarded for it.

Maybe if the M3 Halftrack/222 Scout car could get a slight bonus against snipers (if possible) that would be great!
9 Nov 2013, 14:35 PM

I don't think, 100% hit and kill rate is the answer.

But perhaps snipers could hit and do normal high damage instead of outright kills against units in buildings?
12 Nov 2013, 20:43 PM

You and your playing partner need to flame the building from two different directions. End of problem. Next time you play against the same people, they will not be holed up in buildings so readily.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★