Login

russian armor

How to Counter Maxim Spam?

1 Nov 2013, 17:09 PM

Iv been away from Coh2 for about a month or so now and now that I have came back the balancing has totally changed.
Iv been very frustrated. Me and my friend usually would win 2 out 3 games no problem. Now with this maxim spamming and other ridiculous things that I have seen we have not been able to win a game for quite some time.

The primary thing I have seen so far is maxim spamming and rush su85. I have not found a viable strategy that has worked to counter this. I have seen people literally walk their maxim right up to my squads, setup shop, and take out the squad. You would think that just running around the maxim would keep him from firing at you... nope because a good player has their maxims supported with flame engineers and/or conscripts. I am not sure if I am total idiot or what the scoop is.

So how to counter maxim spam effectually?
1 Nov 2013, 17:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

You are talking about 2v2, right?
1 Nov 2013, 17:43 PM

You are talking about 2v2, right?

Yeah
1 Nov 2013, 23:06 PM
Donator 22

sniper, mortar and MHT ;)
2 Nov 2013, 08:30 AM

Rush a flame half track. Maxim spammers lose out on map control when they build t2 get to the fuel first.

Snipers work pretty nicely against maxims. It is difficult for t2 to counter a well supported sniper.

As far as the su-85 is concerned consider getting at guns or panzershreck squads. Don't mass armor. Save it for something large like a tiger, panther or elephant which are easy to protect.
2 Nov 2013, 09:47 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

If you want more concrete suggestions, try uploading a replay and linking to it here.

The mortar halftrack would be my choice, provided you get the necessary 1 CP early enough. You can always get a regular mortar out of T1 if you need the indirect fire ASAP. That said, the MHT is always useful against a Soviet player who is using T2 heavily.

The two commanders that give access to MHTs have lots of other nice abilities as well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★