Login

russian armor

[CoH2] COH2 Manager

28 Oct 2013, 23:07 PM

COH2 Manager 0.1.1 Beta

COH2 Manager is pretty much a Settings modifier and also provides some additional tools for your coh2 gaming experience

Features:
  • Change a bunch of graphical settings
  • Helps you have a better performance at the game
  • Helps you disable/enable replay system
  • Nice Metro GUI
  • Mods support - SOON

App. Screen-shots:

Virus Total Scan link

Current Version: 0.1.1 Beta (29 Oct. 2013)
COH2_Manager.exe (985.5 Kb)
SHA-1: 192d60f6b32fd5d905cc6656df85dd0f7545fe83
MD5: 43facf246944e13c5d31b410aff54abb

Download Links:

Instructions:
Unzip the files to a folder and run COH2_Settings_Manager.exe AS ADMINISTRATOR
Browse both main folders at the top of the application
Change your settings
Click save at bottom for each tab you want to change.

Screenshot for a good difference between the ingame max settings and the coh2 manager max settings:

If you cant open the application your computer may be missing .NET Framework 4.0
You can install it here: LINK
Please leave a nice constructive feedback!
I will keep developing this application and try to make it in the future much better.
28 Oct 2013, 23:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Looks good, what about customizable hotkeys?
28 Oct 2013, 23:51 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

With this mod you can obtain a better graphic that what you can select ingame? If yes, post two screenshots showing the difference please :)
29 Oct 2013, 11:25 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Don't know what's going on with shortcuts and steam but every time I use the shortcut created by this application steam displays a window saying "finishing install for CoH2 1%" and then I get prompted with an error window saying
"The Steam Servers are too busy to handle your request for Company of Heroes 2. Error Code (41)"

However I am able to launch CoH2 via steam collection with no problems at all, using the startup parameters copied from the shortcut.

Another note: This application seems to be unable to edit audio settings? All my audio setting got reseted to default. Maybe you could implement settings GUI for audio settings as well.

What is Disable replays/Enable replays for and what does it do? How come this function has 2 buttons but for example graphic setting for reflection has a slide switch?

Since this app seems to edit configuration_system.lua, it might be a good idea to implement a feature to create a backup of this file and ability load settings from a backup.

Other than that, the app looks good and seems to work quite well despite the issue with using shortcuts. Good job!

I think Workshop should have 4th sub forum for tools like this and other miscellaneous stuff which wont fit in modding, mapping, or mentoring.
29 Oct 2013, 11:41 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Whenever you play a game in COH2 the game gets recorded automatically (documents/mygames/companyofheroes2/playbacks/temp.rec). Recording the game requires resources tho, so your fps go down. Disabling it the game won't record your replays, so you will have higher fps overall.

What I still don't understand is if the more gfx options actually can let you improve the overall graphics or not (sometimes, in games like Skyrim for example, changing the options in the config file actually gave you better graphics than the highest details you could set ingame).
29 Oct 2013, 14:08 PM

If you select browse on the COH2 steam directory you cannot step up out of Program Files (x86), I have my steam on d: so I cannot access my installation.
29 Oct 2013, 18:11 PM

Looks good, what about customizable hotkeys?

Thats is for sure something ill be working on.

If you select browse on the COH2 steam directory you cannot step up out of Program Files (x86), I have my steam on d: so I cannot access my installation.

Yes next version will be released in a few hours and will get that fixed right away.

What I still don't understand is if the more gfx options actually can let you improve the overall graphics or not (sometimes, in games like Skyrim for example, changing the options in the config file actually gave you better graphics than the highest details you could set ingame).

Some of the gfx options on the application are not shown to the user in the game to change. Thats why it increases the gfx's

With this mod you can obtain a better graphic that what you can select ingame? If yes, post two screen-shots showing the difference please :)

Yes i will try to post some screen-shots today please just give me some time until i got some free time to work on the app.

Don't know what's going on with shortcuts and steam but every time I use the shortcut created by this application steam displays a window saying "finishing install for CoH2 1%" and then I get prompted with an error window saying
"The Steam Servers are too busy to handle your request for Company of Heroes 2. Error Code (41)"

However I am able to launch CoH2 via steam collection with no problems at all, using the startup parameters copied from the shortcut.

Another note: This application seems to be unable to edit audio settings? All my audio setting got reseted to default. Maybe you could implement settings GUI for audio settings as well.

What is Disable replays/Enable replays for and what does it do? How come this function has 2 buttons but for example graphic setting for reflection has a slide switch?

Since this app seems to edit configuration_system.lua, it might be a good idea to implement a feature to create a backup of this file and ability load settings from a backup.

Other than that, the app looks good and seems to work quite well despite the issue with using shortcuts. Good job!

I think Workshop should have 4th sub forum for tools like this and other miscellaneous stuff which wont fit in modding, mapping, or mentoring.

Not sure about the shortcut, can you take a look at its target? is it aiming at CoH2Relic.exe?
Audio, Backups and config loading are also on the way, please be patient.
Disable/enable replays, allows you to waste less resources of your computer that are used during gameplay to record all your games.
Thank you all!
29 Oct 2013, 23:54 PM

30 Oct 2013, 07:12 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Nice work! :thumb:

How does the game choose between DX9 or DX10 or DX11? I never saw those options in-game and I'm curious about how it is determined.
30 Oct 2013, 10:14 AM

How does the game choose between DX9 or DX10 or DX11? I never saw those options in-game and I'm curious about how it is determined.

it's stored in the game .cfg
30 Oct 2013, 18:09 PM

The local.ini file in document folder has the screen device which the game uses, you can also add -dx10 or -dx11 to game parameters to work
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 54
unknown 18
Germany 14
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %