Login

russian armor

tank vet 1

28 Oct 2013, 12:21 PM

What is coh2's take on this? I'm not going to elaborate my view much as I find the subject very straight forward, but:

1) don't you think there's a huge gap between how much more survivable a vet 1 german tank is and a soviet vet 1 tank because of blitzkrieg ability

2) isn't blitzkrieg more of a vet 3 ability, than a vet 1 abiliy, at its current power level

3) doesn't blitzkrieg in general, turn out to be very unrealistic and stupid-fixing, working w / engine damage, allowing retreats out of very bad movements etc

You and me, with perhaps differences about details, maybe we can see. But does Relic see it this way? If not, why?
28 Oct 2013, 12:43 PM

What i find funny is how a T34 can have an over heated engine with the ram ability when it only traveled so little but a blitz which lasts almost twice as long as the ram doesn't get any engine overheat.

Shouldn't the blitz potentially cause more engine degradation compared to the small distance that the ram ability travels through.

Someone with better english please rewrite this if you understand my point.
28 Oct 2013, 13:15 PM

I believe we will have to wait and see what changes regarding veteran system future will bring.
Blitzkrieg has been discussed so many time and I don't believe there is a single decent player who believes it's balanced at current stage.
November path so I've heard.
28 Oct 2013, 13:20 PM

what is funny is how you can blitz without damage to engin al the time. wile a t34 can only do 1 ram if it hits or not the enig is down for a wile also wile the engine is damaged he cant ram at al!! then why sould a damage engine on a p4 be able to bliz with no draw back?
28 Oct 2013, 16:53 PM

Personally, I'm hoping for Blitzkrieg to A) be made to not work when the engine is damaged and B) cause a temporary engine overheat after it's done, to make it a risky/higher skill ability.
28 Oct 2013, 17:13 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2013, 16:53 PMBlovski
Personally, I'm hoping for Blitzkrieg to A) be made to not work when the engine is damaged and B) cause a temporary engine overheat after it's done, to make it a risky/higher skill ability.

A) is fine but B) is totally crap imo. Makes no sense to get an engine overheat,after using blitzkrieg. Punished for using an earned vet ability :rolleyes:
28 Oct 2013, 18:21 PM

Punished for using an earned vet ability :rolleyes:

"Earned vet" killing 6 "elite troops" like Conscripts :))
28 Oct 2013, 19:00 PM
Donator 22

"Earned vet" killing 6 "elite troops" like Conscripts :))

:P :P

okay let's wait for the vet change ^_^
29 Oct 2013, 05:34 AM

I do think that the T-34 and T-70's capture vet ability isn't worth the time. It is useful, but in a heated match, that ability is only useful if you're already well in the lead and have killed off every enemy tank.

The reality of using the capture ability is that German units are fast enough to react, and catching a T-34 vulnerable like that almost always results in a dead T-34 or T-70.

I've only found it useful in team games where we've literally destroyed all AT resistance and now we're just mopping up points to ensure victory.

Without discussing blitz itself, the by comparison, the T-34 and T-70's vet ability just isn't as useful.

I'd say for T-34s, they should get an ability called, Train New Crew. You lose that Vet 1 on the tank, but the next T-34 you buy has a drastic cost reduction.

Or something just as silly.
4 Nov 2013, 11:49 AM

t34 is in speed faster. why doest it not get the speed 'blitz' vet1 bonus sinds its made to kite tanks ? why cant the p4 go over there and cap a piont with its vet 1
4 Nov 2013, 12:52 PM

t34 is in speed faster. why doest it not get the speed 'blitz' vet1 bonus sinds its made to kite tanks ? why cant the p4 go over there and cap a piont with its vet 1
For the very same reason the SU-85 can outrange German tanks with it´s gun. It´s not realistic at all but made for the game. I hate Blitzkrieg too, but it´s needed to flank SU-85s with their 60 range. Even the now slower SU-85 can be parked behind a wall of units and thus hardly be flanked.

If Blitz was to get nerfed, the StuG should be buffed to 60 range - now that it´s target size has been increased again (aka nerf). I think StuGs are often useless for EXACTLY the reason that they are outranged by the most common Russian vehicle.
4 Nov 2013, 13:29 PM

If players think blitzkrieg is neccessary to flank a su86...
4 Nov 2013, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2013, 16:53 PMBlovski

To A):The fact that a tank's engine gets damaged in pretty much every engagement would render Blitzkrieg rather useless.

To B): Engine overheat seems to be a reasonable solution.
4 Nov 2013, 15:37 PM
Donator 33

Just shorten the duration of the ability significantly, like 4 seconds or something.

Anyways, I guess it is a moot discussion, Winter i... uh... the Big November Patch is comming :D
4 Nov 2013, 16:19 PM

IMO two thing should be done to resolve this:
1.) as many other said the blitzkrieg shouldn't work with damaged engine
2.) drastically shorten the duration let's say it lasts as ram but don't get a damaged engine after. In this way you could still flank with it or get out of immediate danger, but it wouldn't be OP as is now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 82
Poland 7
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak